April 13 date to demolish smokestacks...

April 13 date to demolish smokestacks in El Paso

There are 28 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 27, 2013, titled April 13 date to demolish smokestacks in El Paso. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Demolition crews on April 13 plan to bring down two towering smokestacks from the now-closed ASARCO copper smelter in West Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
snatchos

El Paso, TX

#21 Feb 27, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
Up with the stacks.
Down on yo Mama!
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#22 Feb 27, 2013
There was a guy who lives off Executive Center near Calavera Cemetery who said he would sell seats at his home to any who want to watch the stack fall. There is a park Called Ewald Kipp park near the bridge entrance to the El Paso Brick company where you could watch the thing fall if you get there early and from Sunland Park. Otherwise you can see it from the western bank of the Rio Grande north of the American Dam.
DC Dave

United States

#23 Feb 27, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
There was a guy who lives off Executive Center near Calavera Cemetery who said he would sell seats at his home to any who want to watch the stack fall. There is a park Called Ewald Kipp park near the bridge entrance to the El Paso Brick company where you could watch the thing fall if you get there early and from Sunland Park. Otherwise you can see it from the western bank of the Rio Grande north of the American Dam.
Stfu you frijole, street parking is free beaner brain.
A Smokestack Lover

El Paso, TX

#24 Feb 28, 2013
DC Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Stfu you frijole, street parking is free beaner brain.
You shut the phoque up no one is going to blow up nothing. If they want to blow up something around here they should blow up the bridges that lead in and out of Messyco.
DC Dave

United States

#25 Feb 28, 2013
A Smokestack Lover wrote:
<quoted text> You shut the phoque up no one is going to blow up nothing. If they want to blow up something around here they should blow up the bridges that lead in and out of Messyco.
Get on your knees and blow you white kracker vendido.
FIRE IN THE HOLE

Pinehill, NM

#26 Feb 28, 2013
I can't remember where I read it, but somewhere I read that other cities that demolished their Asarco smoke stacks held raffles to see who would get to push the button that set off the demolition charges. The money collected I assume going to a worthy cause. We should do the same thing here. Say,$2.00 per ticket? Even if they don't use explosives here, you could still win the honor of being the person who gave the official order to bring them down. That would be cool, wouldn't it? I wouldn't mind being the guy that brought down either one of the smoke stacks. Might get me a blurb on Wikipedia.
buzz adams is gay

El Paso, TX

#27 Feb 28, 2013
FIRE IN THE HOLE wrote:
I can't remember where I read it, but somewhere I read that other cities that demolished their Asarco smoke stacks held raffles to see who would get to push the button that set off the demolition charges. The money collected I assume going to a worthy cause. We should do the same thing here. Say,$2.00 per ticket? Even if they don't use explosives here, you could still win the honor of being the person who gave the official order to bring them down. That would be cool, wouldn't it? I wouldn't mind being the guy that brought down either one of the smoke stacks. Might get me a blurb on Wikipedia.
How old are youPendejo?
The Pass

Austin, TX

#28 Apr 16, 2013
Mexicant wrote:
That whole area needs to blown up including Globe Mills
Why? Did you know that Old Fort Bliss is located below Globe Mills. I think the city should take pride in its historical resources and preserve them. Anyone who wants to destroy "the whole area" like Mexicant is not from El Paso del Norte. It is our history (or prehistory in some cases) and should be preserved and showcased for visitors to the region.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Paso attorney linked to drug cartels gets 10... Oct '17 Gate farts 25
Abbott Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep '17 Musikologist 12
News The Latest: Trump meets with first responders i... Sep '17 The farts 33
8141 Aug '17 penelope 1
News Refugio County suffers extensive damage 42 minu... Aug '17 Larry Wiginton 1
News Amarillo, Lubbock mayors form coalition to incr... Aug '17 Sage 2
News Texas police arrest robbery suspect who fell as... Aug '17 Shirvell s Shrivel 4

West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Mortgages