ATV's destroying West Terre Haute Levee

Full story: WTHI Terre Haute

There are concerns about the West Terre Haute levee. Officials say four-wheelers are destroying the levee, and that could mean some serious problems in the long run.
Comments
181 - 199 of 199 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2012
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Cledus

Marshall, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

IT IS WHAT IT IS wrote:
<quoted text> MOST ONLY NEED TO BE ON ROAD TO GET TO PLACE COUNTRY PLACES THEY CAN RIDE
If the have to get on the road to get to the place they're going to ride at then most likely they don't own the land that they're riding on. Also, they most likely don't have permission to be riding on that land that isn't theirs. They won't ask for the permission because they know that they'll be denied because of all the damage they do.

Like I previously posted...why buy this thing if you don't own land to ride it on?

“The Ministry of Information”

Since: Jan 12

Terre Haute, In

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

5 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the LORD said,“I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”

17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

Maybe these dope head quad riders are instruments of god, sent to bring about a great flood to west terre dope.
Hedy Lamarr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Hey KCACO,
You quote from the bible only to mock it.
I'd appreciate it very much if you would refrain
from pulling it's meaning out if context. You don't believe in God which is your CHOICE...
As for me I do believe and I don't appreciate your condescending remarks.
Earlier on one of the other threads you brought up the "believers" making you sick by forcing it in your face..... Well Quit forcing your atheism on me! You don't have to accept it but you can atleast respect it!!
just sayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Get a clue people!!! Many reasons why they are allowed to ride them!!!!

Terre Haute, In

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Hedy Lamarr wrote:
Hey KCACO,
You quote from the bible only to mock it.
I'd appreciate it very much if you would refrain
from pulling it's meaning out if context. You don't believe in God which is your CHOICE...
As for me I do believe and I don't appreciate your condescending remarks.
Earlier on one of the other threads you brought up the "believers" making you sick by forcing it in your face..... Well Quit forcing your atheism on me! You don't have to accept it but you can atleast respect it!!
Well then how do you feel about my new flaming bible avatar?
Hedy Lamarr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then how do you feel about my new flaming bible avatar?
Your reply doesn't deserve an answer ..
troy harden

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

i will get mad and tell tammy
Atv rider

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

I feel like there is a lot more to bitch about in west terre haute than a atv. What do they use to mow the leve a tractor that weighs more than an atv. So should they have to push mow the leve. They are not hurting the leve like u think. I understand if it's late at night and that's all u hear. But to say that they are hurting the levie thats not the issue. If they are destroying farm ground or tearing up ppls property thats one thing. Why bother them if they r not hurting u so what if they ride in the bottoms they arnt hurting u Part of the reason ppl act so stupid on them is cause they have to worrie about cops the hole time they are riding them I have lived in west terre haute all my life and this town has gone to shit cause of problems like meth and theift. Why don't we focus on getting them fixed befor we worrie about who the fuck is riding a atv on the levie
Ring tail coot

Attica, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Levees cost dearly to build and maintain. Heavy traffic does do some wear and tear on any surface but the damage done by spinning tires and the constant back and forth does wear down the levee to the point of needing repair more often. It also puts the levee at risk for failure if high water levels occur.
Government money for repairs is harder to come by now so why put the levee in disrepair and find there is no money to fix it before the flooding happens.
THE PROPHET

Maywood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Simple fix ! the county should give these people a place to go ride , instead of buying new patrol cars to chase them with! The police and county put the community in danger by getting there rush off by chasing them ! Oh the not running from them doesnt turn out good at all !
Ring tail coot

Attica, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

GIVE them a place??????
How about they put their own blood, sweat, tears and money into having a place? They can charge others a fee to use it and they can do the maintenance. This should not be a drain on taxpayers.
Life ain't free, everybody gots to do do his part.

Terre Haute, In

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

What is with the sense of entitlement here:

I bought me a four wheeler, I deserve a place to ride it, if I can't ride on the levee, the gubment better give me a place to ride.

Seriously? What kind of white trash sh|t is that?
Rick Sanitorium

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On wrote:
What is with the sense of entitlement here:
I bought me a four wheeler, I deserve a place to ride it, if I can't ride on the levee, the gubment better give me a place to ride.
Seriously? What kind of white trash sh|t is that?
Kelly, you go to a Christian Church...why are they saying you are not a beliver?

Terre Haute, In

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Rick Sanitorium wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelly, you go to a Christian Church...why are they saying you are not a beliver?
Huh?
troy harden

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

i blow cops
Not mike

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Deerslayer wrote:
The majority of people who own ATV don't own ground in order to ride them. Very few people use these machines for the purpose of work. If you don't have a farm you don't buy a tractor? Charge and extra fee for those who are buying them (All of the sport bikes) and give tax breaks to those use them as intended for a extention of equipement needs. The real problem are sport bikes allowing kids to go where they're not supposed to be. Designated area only work for those who have a little money to spend. The ones who are out riding and trespassing are not likely to pay a fee to ride??? Think about it.(Here's the real kicker, you outlaw ATV's whats next? Alcohol, Guns, ect...) I don't like the ATV either. To stop them we have to be willing to help the authorities and turn them in....
they are stolen anyway...its wth come on
Sammy N

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Shane and Shelby
Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

They chased and caught several a couple of nights ago. The riders were stupid enough to think they could outrun multiple units.
yep

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

the town needs to get over it.just fuck off and leave us alone.we aint tearing up nothing!!!why dont u all worrie about bigger problems in this town like meth.all we want is to have fun.we r not out robbing stealing.... we r just trying to have fun.and to all of u that have never even rode a quad i feel sorry for u.u have no idea what it is like to get out in the great outdoors.what about when Rogar went back there with a backhoe and took part of the levee out to make a wet land..so FUCK ALL OF U i will ride till i die.And for all the cops.....U will NEVER catch me NEVER

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

West Terre Haute Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••