West Stockbridge

There are 29 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from May 13, 2008, titled West Stockbridge. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Selectman candidate William Kie's campaign took a public relations hit yesterday when his brother-in-law spent the afternoon picketing against him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Wondering

United States

#1 May 13, 2008
West Stockbridge would make a great reality show.

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#2 May 13, 2008
Billy Kie has not only turned his life around , but has been a great contributar to the community and should be appreciated for the work he does and the people he helps.
TINY

Schenectady, NY

#3 May 13, 2008
He wanted to charge me $1200 for pool water!!! Water he gets for free!
TINY

Schenectady, NY

#5 May 13, 2008
and they said the truck stop is contaminated
mee

Devault, PA

#6 May 13, 2008
w stock resident wrote:
Billy Kie is a crook. He rips people off with his shoddy work. Have you ever driven by his so called home and work place? It is a junk yard that has never been cleaned up. And there are actually people living in that delapidated house. His construction equipment and trucks appear to be falling apart as they go down the road. Are those inspection stickers really valid? Furthermore he has horses below that business drinking water from the oil filled stream. They appear to be ungroomed and in the winter have no shelter from the weather. How could any resident of West Stockbridge ever consider him trustworthy? Are the people of West Stockbridge that naive to think a former admitted Warlock and drug dealer could be trusted?
You don't have to like him. You don't have to hire him. You don't have to vote for him but, you have no right to past judgement on him.
WOW

Dayville, CT

#7 May 13, 2008
WOW.. who whoulda thunk it
WS friend

Chatham, NY

#8 May 13, 2008
THANK GOD BILL KIE DIDN'T GET IN. I AGREE 100% WITH THIS MAN'S VIEWS, AND KNOW THAT HIS FACTS ARE STRAIGHT. MR. KIE WANTED THAT POSITION FOR HIS OWN SELFISH (MIS)USE. ASK THE MAN ABOUT ANY OF THESE ACCUSATIONS AND SEE HOW HE ANSWERS. I KNOW ALOT OF THINGS ABOUT THIS SCUMBAG BUT WON'T GO ANY DEEPER. THANK GOD FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS, THAT GIVES US THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE. CONGRATS MR. KIRCHNER!!
THUMB

Glens Falls, NY

#9 May 13, 2008
The voters of west stockbridge have spoken,its apparent who holding the kie.
glenda

Whitesboro, NY

#10 May 13, 2008
I don't know jacksprat about either of these two men. But I think the entire thing is a riot. People should protest what they think is wrong. Who cares if it is a self proclaimed ''CAREER CRIMINAL.''
Good for you.
Why

Ashfield, MA

#11 May 13, 2008
In most states, convicted felons are no longer allowed to vote never mind run for office. But then again, in Massachusetts those elected to office often become convicted felons. At least in Kie's case we know that ahead if time.
ireland60

Shutesbury, MA

#12 May 13, 2008
As a journalism major in college and as I have followed it in my career, I have never seen a more irresponsible article published in ANY newspaper!!! How could the Berkshire Eagle publishers not smelled a RAT?

Didn't the reporter ask why this relative stood by the incumbent against his "brother-in-law". Heck, he's not even legally married to the Kie family! He has fathered upward of 3o children in his free time from prison of 17 years. What is this RAT doing for gainful employment that allows him to create such a scene as to be leagally removed from the West Stockbridge voting facilities; that would allow him such time to do what he did? Did the reporter do any in-depth investigating into WHY this man was so angry? If he is the career criminal he says he is, we're looking at a 40 year history of unthinkable crimes he committed or was accused of. Certainly any regional paper has records of this. I have personally spend many hours with one daughter that I believe he raped around the holidays of '04. He's such a creep that he has excercised and flauted his wrong-doings basically by moving and hiding from state to state so as to confuse the laws that govern each state.

The real issue here is the immense personal damage you have caused a man-Bill Kie, who has lived in West Stockbridge all his life and has participated activly in just about every aspect of the town's affairs. He is more openly and genuinely compassionate about this town as anyone I've met here since my move here from Boston in 1992. When aweful stuff lke this happens to such a kind person; that is what makes me feel more committed myself, to this town. Politics can be a nasty business- but this takes the cake.

I don't even blame the "brother-in-law" as much as I blame The Berkshire Eagle journalistic staff and primarily the editorial staff for such incompitenence in it's repoting.

My thoughts are for me to stop purchasing your publication and leaning toward boycotting your advertisers. When emotionally pressed I would like to take this ERROR of judgement a step forward with getting others involved and getting the word out as there are other publications that are also well read.
Donkey Poncharello

Alton, NH

#13 May 14, 2008
No Shit there I was knee deep in hand grenade pins...So I was driving through the hamlet of West Stockbridge and I realized for the first time in my life that it was a village of glass houses...Only problem was most of the residents didnt know what Windex was so they didn't know they had glass houses, and so the stone throwing began...:)BTW- Ireland60 sounds like he mite have been bunkmate to Billy in Boston. And I agree you should stop buying the paper, but not becuase we know that the paper is garbage, but because you just had to dumb us down and make lite of it. Your a RAT Mr Boston Snob:)

GMHeller

Since: Jan 08

United States

#15 May 14, 2008
Stelian Dukakis actively worked against Michael's election campaign for State Rep. and even publicly picketed the candidate!
Angel dust

Springfield, MA

#16 May 14, 2008
ireland60 wrote:
As a journalism major in college and as I have followed it in my career, I have never seen a more irresponsible article published in ANY newspaper!!! How could the Berkshire Eagle publishers not smelled a RAT?
Didn't the reporter ask why this relative stood by the incumbent against his "brother-in-law". Heck, he's not even legally married to the Kie family! He has fathered upward of 3o children in his free time from prison of 17 years. What is this RAT doing for gainful employment that allows him to create such a scene as to be leagally removed from the West Stockbridge voting facilities; that would allow him such time to do what he did? Did the reporter do any in-depth investigating into WHY this man was so angry? If he is the career criminal he says he is, we're looking at a 40 year history of unthinkable crimes he committed or was accused of. Certainly any regional paper has records of this. I have personally spend many hours with one daughter that I believe he raped around the holidays of '04. He's such a creep that he has excercised and flauted his wrong-doings basically by moving and hiding from state to state so as to confuse the laws that govern each state.
The real issue here is the immense personal damage you have caused a man-Bill Kie, who has lived in West Stockbridge all his life and has participated activly in just about every aspect of the town's affairs. He is more openly and genuinely compassionate about this town as anyone I've met here since my move here from Boston in 1992. When aweful stuff lke this happens to such a kind person; that is what makes me feel more committed myself, to this town. Politics can be a nasty business- but this takes the cake.
I don't even blame the "brother-in-law" as much as I blame The Berkshire Eagle journalistic staff and primarily the editorial staff for such incompitenence in it's repoting.
My thoughts are for me to stop purchasing your publication and leaning toward boycotting your advertisers. When emotionally pressed I would like to take this ERROR of judgement a step forward with getting others involved and getting the word out as there are other publications that are also well read.
If this is sample of your writing please do not give your notice to McDonalds when you graduate.
Hard Rider

AOL

#17 May 14, 2008
james Domaique is a low life. Did the reporter interview Mr. Kie opponent??????? It seem,s that Mr. Domaique went Mr Kirchner house 2 week's befor the election and told Mr Kirchner what he was going to do at the election poll.
grammylisa96

Syracuse, NY

#18 May 14, 2008
TINY wrote:
He wanted to charge me $1200 for pool water!!! Water he gets for free!
Tiny when you go to the store how "FREE" is the water you have to buy? How much do you pay for gas to go to the store? Who would drive a huge special tank truck to deliver it for "FREE". Also the state of Ma. does require ins., inspections & registrations to operate trucks on the road & Mr. Kie has all of those in place. Also he does have to pay for the water, it is no longer "FREE" in this county!
jailbird

Pittsfield, MA

#19 May 14, 2008
Hard Rider wrote:
james Domaique is a low life. Did the reporter interview Mr. Kie opponent??????? It seem,s that Mr. Domaique went Mr Kirchner house 2 week's befor the election and told Mr Kirchner what he was going to do at the election poll.
i agree with hard rider. james d. is a low life. i did time behind bars with some of his friends. i heard a lot of stories about him and ive meet him. part of the 17 years he did in jail, was for raping his other daughter. he druged her and had his way with her. he is an unregistered sex offender, living in pittsfield mass. he is not living in new hampshire.

GMHeller

Since: Jan 08

United States

#20 May 14, 2008
Now Mundy's, that was a GREAT bar!
old timer

Granby, MA

#21 May 15, 2008
i have seen many things in my 72 years on this planet. i have served in the army. i have seen death. i have killed people in war. i know james domainigue, this man scares me and i am fearless. i remember him during mundy's time. he was out of control. i remember reading the news papers. about the trials of this man. he got his daughter hooked on drugs. then he repeatedly had sex with his own daughter. this man is just as much of a scumbag now as he was before he went to prison. james dominigue (he calls him self "fats") rented a garage of of a friend of mine payed enough rent to move in.then never payed another dime. it took almost 10 months to get him out. when he finally left he smashed the windows out of the building. then he called the E.P.A.,the I.R.S, and all kinds of other people on my friend. not that he did anything wrong. "fats" just wanted to cause trouble for my friend. i don't know much about this william kie i have talked with him a couple times. while he fixed my septic system he really gave me a break on the price, and i have heard some good and bad things thru the years about billy kie. if you encounter "fats" (james domainigue) lock up your children and women, don't let him in you house. run for you life. this man will do you no good.
TINY

Schenectady, NY

#22 May 15, 2008
grammylisa96 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiny when you go to the store how "FREE" is the water you have to buy? How much do you pay for gas to go to the store? Who would drive a huge special tank truck to deliver it for "FREE". Also the state of Ma. does require ins., inspections & registrations to operate trucks on the road & Mr. Kie has all of those in place. Also he does have to pay for the water, it is no longer "FREE" in this county!
I know people who watch him pump the water out of a brook in W.Stockbridge, hence it's free. BTW>>>I'm not talking about the price of gas or bottled water...duh. I don't think adding some bleach to free water deserves to be inflated that much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Stockbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Berkshire County July 4th celebrations Jul 6 Bum Warmer 3
News Valleyhead, a school for girls, closes (Mar '09) Jun '16 Valerie A Hotte R... 283
News Del Gallo running for Senate as a 'Sanders prog... May '16 John Harrison 4
News Challenge in Berkshire drunken driving case cou... May '16 Chris 12
News Four potential Berkshire County legislative can... Apr '16 cops are liars an... 8
Abram Antone aka Abraham Antoine (Nov '12) Mar '16 dclark 4
News 2016 Made in the Berkshires Festival Seeks Subm... Mar '16 one fish two fish 1

West Stockbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Stockbridge Mortgages