Wireless tower sets bad precedent

Wireless tower sets bad precedent

There are 17 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 30, 2010, titled Wireless tower sets bad precedent. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

On June 3, after 32 years of paying West Stockbridge taxes and Berkshire Bank mortgage payments, I awoke to a mugging.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Dave

Boulder, CO

#1 Jun 30, 2010
Jean, How do most of your neighbors communicate...using smoke signals? If so you'll have another bunch of 'Jean Glass' types whining about the smell of burning wood. Not to mention the 'Jean Glass' animal activists complaning about cutting timber and ruining the habitat of the frcekled-faced, near-sighted, three-legged, hairless, albino, gypsy rat.
Let it Ring

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Jun 30, 2010
then next year youll complain about how theres no cell service on your vacation.
Give

Albany, NY

#5 Jun 30, 2010
Mitch Greenwald a call. He should be able to help out.

Hahahahahahahha!
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Alexandria, VA

#6 Jun 30, 2010
Wireless towers can be disguised to look similar to tall pine trees.
You either want cellular service and understand the crying need for it in rural Berkshire County, or you don't.
Cellular is the answer to those people in the rural towns who are complaining about lack of high speed internet access.
Finally, just how near your home is the proposed cell tower?
Dammit Janet

Albany, NY

#7 Jun 30, 2010
The entire West Shacktown Planning Board starred in the Rocky Horror Picture show.

How can those misfits even sit in meetings with a straight face? Freak show!
Brian in MA - not MN

United States

#8 Jul 1, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Wireless towers can be disguised to look similar to tall pine trees.
You either want cellular service and understand the crying need for it in rural Berkshire County, or you don't.
Cellular is the answer to those people in the rural towns who are complaining about lack of high speed internet access.
Finally, just how near your home is the proposed cell tower?
for once I agree with you. But don't consider it an olive branch. See you at Tanglewood this weekend?
Joe S

Greenfield, MA

#9 Jul 1, 2010
Luddite, can we drag the Berkshires into the 1990's with some cell service in "progressive" towns like New Marlborough and W. Stockbridge without the inveterate whining of wimps like this?
Observer

Glendale, MA

#10 Jul 2, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Wireless towers can be disguised to look similar to tall pine trees.
Sure, freakishly tall, oddly colored pine trees with five branches... How attractive!
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
You either want cellular service and understand the crying need for it in rural Berkshire County, or you don't.
Amazing, isn't it, how we've lasted 300 years on this continent without having total 24/7/365 communication in every square inch of it
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Cellular is the answer to those people in the rural towns who are complaining about lack of high speed internet access.
Cellular technology is not the answer they seek.
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Finally, just how near your home is the proposed cell tower?
Who cares? Why not slap a cell antenna on a wind turbine tower and we'll really have some fun!
Observer

Glendale, MA

#11 Jul 2, 2010
Brian in MA - not MN wrote:
<quoted text>
for once I agree with you. But don't consider it an olive branch. See you at Tanglewood this weekend?
Nobody goes there; it's too crowded. Besides, out-of-towners bought up all the tickets.
New Age Al Gore

Albany, NY

#12 Jul 2, 2010
Maybe I can help. Wait.

She claims Al grabbed her hand, shoved it beneath her masseur's sheet, brushing it against his private parts. Al apparently then shouted 'I'm not asking you to do anything inappropriate' before asking her to

'release his second chakra'- a new-age euphemism for sexual energy.
Living in GB

Chester, MA

#13 Jul 3, 2010
We need more cell phone service in the Berkshires. Those who retire or have second homes in West Stockbridge have made their money in other areas and believe that we should now accomodate them.

Those of us who work here need better cell phone service so we can work and communicate with the rest of the world.
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Alexandria, VA

#14 Jul 4, 2010
New Age Al Gore wrote:
Al apparently then shouted 'I'm not asking you to do anything inappropriate' before asking her to
'release his second chakra'- a new-age euphemism for sexual energy.
Okay, so for the non New-Age-Cool amongst us, just what or where is the First Chakra?
Dave in Dalton

Clifton Park, NY

#15 Jul 4, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody goes there; it's too crowded. Besides, out-of-towners bought up all the tickets.
I paid attention and I was able to get tickets for Monday nights concert. I welcome the crowds and watching the "out-of-towners".
Irony

Easthampton, MA

#16 Jul 4, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody goes there; it's too crowded...
Dave in Dalton wrote:
<quoted text>
I paid attention and I was able to get tickets for Monday nights concert. I welcome the crowds and watching the "out-of-towners".
It ain't the heat; it's the humility.
Dave, before you attend the concert, please google Yogi Berra.
Steve R

United States

#17 Jul 7, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Wireless towers can be disguised to look similar to tall pine trees.
You either want cellular service and understand the crying need for it in rural Berkshire County, or you don't.
Cellular is the answer to those people in the rural towns who are complaining about lack of high speed internet access.
Finally, just how near your home is the proposed cell tower?
As per usual Heller, you are grossly misinformed.

First - disguised as pine trees? Have you ever seen one of those ridiculous looking things? They look nothing like a tree, perhaps because they must be a ways above the treeline to work!

Secondly, cellular internet access here in the Berkshires, using the Edge technology is almost as slow as dial-up.

Thirdly, I agree with Jean that affected homeowners should have a say in any development that will decrease their property values. Visual proximity to cell towers reduces property values by about 20% and means they take a longer time to sell. Would you and your neighbors be willing to take that hit?
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Alexandria, VA

#18 Jul 7, 2010
Steve R wrote:
<quoted text>
As per usual Heller, you are grossly misinformed.
First - disguised as pine trees? Have you ever seen one of those ridiculous looking things? They look nothing like a tree, perhaps because they must be a ways above the treeline to work!
Secondly, cellular internet access here in the Berkshires, using the Edge technology is almost as slow as dial-up.
Thirdly, I agree with Jean that affected homeowners should have a say in any development that will decrease their property values. Visual proximity to cell towers reduces property values by about 20% and means they take a longer time to sell. Would you and your neighbors be willing to take that hit?
The percentage decrease in real estate values you allege is a load of hogwash.
What's more, if a cell phone company wants to pay good money to erect a tower on one's property, that income would be a big incentive to me.
The towers, when well designed, blend into the background forest.
Face it, you are little better than a Luddite.
Steve R

United States

#19 Jul 13, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
<quoted text>
The percentage decrease in real estate values you allege is a load of hogwash.
What's more, if a cell phone company wants to pay good money to erect a tower on one's property, that income would be a big incentive to me.
The towers, when well designed, blend into the background forest.
Face it, you are little better than a Luddite.
Says the man who lives in a cave in Virginia to avoid paying taxes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Stockbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Challenge in Berkshire drunken driving case cou... Apr 27 TEXAN _ PATRIOT 6
News Trip home from work turned into 'tragic' accident (Jan '08) Apr 20 Jeffrey Irvine 1020 3
News Four potential Berkshire County legislative can... Apr 14 cops are liars an... 8
News Valleyhead, a school for girls, closes (Mar '09) Apr 10 diana12 274
Abram Antone aka Abraham Antoine (Nov '12) Mar '16 dclark 4
News 2016 Made in the Berkshires Festival Seeks Subm... Mar '16 one fish two fish 1
News Baker sees GE move, ties to Housatonic as 'sepa... Feb '16 DCF CPS DSS are ... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Stockbridge Mortgages