Heroin ring smashed

There are 47 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Oct 2, 2009, titled Heroin ring smashed. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A four-month long investigation by Great Barrington Police and members of the Berkshire County Drug Task Force led to a major round-up of heroin dealers in South County on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Adam Smith

AOL

#41 Oct 25, 2009
razorfish wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sure there wouldn't be anyone selling heroin if it were legal and there wouldn't be 10x as many heroin junkies. Why don't we just fork the country over to Afghanistan and call it done? This is just one of the many high arguments made by the legalize drugs morons. Stop it.
I shall not stop it. Prohibition did not work and our grandparents had enough sense to repeal it. More apparently than you do. Are there still a few illegal stills out there? Yes, but compared to the criminality that existed during Prohibition, they're a non-problem.

When Prohibition was repealed the number of alchoholics did not skyrocket. In fact, since Prohibition was repealed the actual number of alcoholics has decreased. Are them there some? Yes. But we punish drunk drivers for what they do to harm us, not what they are.

Finally, I am glad you bring up Afghanistan. It illustrates perfectly the point I am making. Because poppy growing is criminalized, we've forced poppy growers outside of the law where they deal as a matter of course with criminals. Why would it not be better to bring them into the open where they have nothing to hide. Would they not then be easier to deal with.

At the end of the day we have two choices we can legalize drugs and deal with the medical problem, or keep them illegal and deal with gangs, drug lords, narcoterrorists, police trampling our rights, oversized and overcrowded jails.
South County Resident

Dalton, MA

#42 Oct 26, 2009
Adam Smith, maybe if you could get that needle out of your arm you could actually write something that makes sense!!!!
Adam Smith

AOL

#43 Oct 27, 2009
South County Resident wrote:
Adam Smith, maybe if you could get that needle out of your arm you could actually write something that makes sense!!!!
Sorry to disappoint you, but while I did engage in some recreational drug use in the Sixties and Seventies, and smoked a little pot in the Eighties, I never shot up anything and now enjoy only an occasional high ball.

So tell me, do you think our grandparents were right or wrong to repeal Prohibition. Either way, how is the War on Drugs any different?
razorfish

Williamsburg, MA

#44 Oct 27, 2009
Even if you think that since we repealed alcohol we should repeal drugs, why would you want to add another impairment to the road so drivers can get high and kill us all, Adam? And unlike alcohol, there is no roadside high test so we would really be screwed if you ran the zoo.
big red

Chester, MA

#45 Oct 27, 2009
Adam Smith wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry to disappoint you, but while I did engage in some recreational drug use in the Sixties and Seventies, and smoked a little pot in the Eighties, I never shot up anything and now enjoy only an occasional high ball.
So tell me, do you think our grandparents were right or wrong to repeal Prohibition. Either way, how is the War on Drugs any different?
stupid grub , your brain is in the 70s
Peppy

Lynchburg, VA

#46 Oct 27, 2009
Teach a man to free base and he gets high for a day.

Teach a man to grow poppy and he gets high forever.

The war on drugs is not working. It is just simply filling up our already over crowded prisons. Most drug offenders are non-violent people and can be dealt with in better ways than prison. Hell even community service makes more sense than prison. Have them work the soup kitchens. Although do not let them make the brownies for desert under any circumstances.
Peppy

Lynchburg, VA

#47 Oct 27, 2009
Adam Smith wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry to disappoint you, but while I did engage in some recreational drug use in the Sixties and Seventies, and smoked a little pot in the Eighties, I never shot up anything and now enjoy only an occasional high ball.
Ever know a guy named Shep (Paul Shepardson)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Stockbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sawin faces new drug bust (Jun '06) Oct 29 Bernhard Goetz 5
News Documents: Sex offender tried to ply teen with ... Oct '17 Cops are Degenerates 17
News Hollywood is booming in Berkshires (Dec '09) Oct '17 Praxis Weiner 19
News Our Opinion: Fire brings home affordable housin... Sep '17 Cops are Sociopaths 9
News Pittsfield Apartment Building Fire Forces 2 Doz... Sep '17 Hillary from Sche... 4
News New Helen Moon Announces Candidacy For Pittsfie... (Mar '17) Aug '17 Barry Cocomo 6
News Troubled youth sentenced to Shakespeare Jul '17 Cops are Degenerates 6

West Stockbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Stockbridge Mortgages