Where's our 3G?

AT&T smartphone users looking for faster Internet service will remain on hold for a while longer: The company still isn't ready to activate third-generation wireless service in the Berkshires. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dalton republican

Springfield, MA

#21 Apr 13, 2010
Caveat Emptor wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the whole sentence. Instead of 'migrate to a >technology< that works.' I should have written "Ditch the lousy AT&T 3G 'service.'"
Thought I like my Phone, the lack of 3G and spotty service in the Berkshires is bothersome.

When the plan expires next year I may go back to Verizon.

What I don't understand is why Bennington has 3G service--their population is much smaller than the Pittfield area.
doesnt matter

Middleburgh, NY

#22 Apr 13, 2010
james wrote:
<quoted text>verizon offers 3g wireless broadband on there devices that you can get at bestbuy and verizon wireless store over at the berkshire crossing shopping complex,its the first building on your right as soon as you pull into that area.
Verizon's 3g is slower than At&t's. On top of this, I own an iPhone which is exclusively AT&T. I am not complaining in the mindset that there isn't any high speed data coverage I'm angry that I pay the same amount as anyone else who does after the fact it was suppose to be brought to us over a year ago. Also, Verizon DOES NOT have the best smartphones by any means as the iPhone owns over half the market.
Dalton republican

Chester, MA

#23 Apr 13, 2010
doesnt matter wrote:
<quoted text>
Verizon's 3g is slower than At&t's. On top of this, I own an iPhone which is exclusively AT&T. I am not complaining in the mindset that there isn't any high speed data coverage I'm angry that I pay the same amount as anyone else who does after the fact it was suppose to be brought to us over a year ago. Also, Verizon DOES NOT have the best smartphones by any means as the iPhone owns over half the market.
That is similar to the situation I had when I purchased the iPhone. It was a trade-off for certain.

I bought the iPhone a year ago so I am not sure about the newer smartphones.
Caveat Emptor

Stockbridge, MA

#24 Apr 14, 2010
How 'smart' is an iPhone without reliable 3G service?
doesnt matter

Middleburgh, NY

#25 Apr 14, 2010
The reliability is there, just not the 3G

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Stockbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals report big cat sighting (Aug '08) Mar 20 weather01089 103
News Boys & Girls Club of Pittsfield executive direc... (Nov '13) Mar 19 Praxis33 14
News Pittsfield City Council Calling For Answers To... Mar 12 Praxis33 7
News Three area schools fall below suggested minimum... Mar 3 Whinny the Pooh 3
News Pittsfield Police log for Friday, Feb. 27 to Su... Mar 3 Praxis33 2
News What to do: Feb '15 Emmit 3
News Monument Valley's Kinne to represent state in n... Feb '15 congratulations 1
More from around the web

West Stockbridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]