West St. Paul / Is blind pig a threat...

West St. Paul / Is blind pig a threat to the city?

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 9, 2010, titled West St. Paul / Is blind pig a threat to the city?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Paul home, drawing attention from kids and passing motorists. She's been spending the winter inside, napping next to a pile of shoes or at the feet of her owner, 21-year-old Sarah Davis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike v

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2010
what a shock,,people don't like pets that aren't in the standard mold,,,let's see mad dog pit bull for a neigher 's pet or a trained pig that's a contest all right
MN MOM

Rochester, MN

#2 Jan 10, 2010
let her keep it for cripes sake! Who is it harming/ NOBODY and it doesn't bark when left outside. He's a clue--change the damn law.
DUH City councel
English Teacher

South Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 10, 2010
MN MOM wrote:
let her keep it for cripes sake! Who is it harming/ NOBODY and it doesn't bark when left outside. He's a clue--change the damn law.
DUH City councel
DUH, The proper spelling is Council. One should always check their spelling when implying others are stupid.
English Teacher

South Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 10, 2010
MN MOM of Austin - When accusing others of stupidity you should really ensure your spelling is correct. (Council)
I like bacon

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 10, 2010
PORK CHOPS!
Robert Hubbard

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 10, 2010
Why do some people think the rules don't apply to them? Want to see my new house?
I see red

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jan 10, 2010
Really? This is a problem? I live less then 6 blocks from the capital and you can walk a block in any direction and find chickens. Dirty, filthy chickens! And pit bulls. EVERYWHERE!!! Leave the damned pig alone and why the hell would I want to see your f$#@ing house?
Jill

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 10, 2010
Robert Hubbard wrote:
Why do some people think the rules don't apply to them? Want to see my new house?
YES Please
Missed something

Cottage Grove, MN

#9 Jan 10, 2010
Robert Hubbard wrote:
Why do some people think the rules don't apply to them? Want to see my new house?
if you remember, she was initially tol by the CSO she could have the animal.
Emily

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jan 10, 2010
Daisy Mae is a good pig, i know i met her! There's no harm from her...all she like's to do is sleep and be loved!!!!
Smart Pig

Watertown, NY

#11 Jan 10, 2010
The reason this animal would be banned is, this lady has one, and then some one down the street has one, and the neighbor on the other side gets another one, soon you have a pig farm. Or another "friendly " animal. These laws are put into effect for a reason.
Buster

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 11, 2010
Smart Pig wrote:
The reason this animal would be banned is, this lady has one, and then some one down the street has one, and the neighbor on the other side gets another one, soon you have a pig farm. Or another "friendly " animal. These laws are put into effect for a reason.
It is west St Paul, they all look the same.

Since: Mar 09

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 11, 2010
Just let her keep the pig...its not harming anything. No one will ever care for this animal as much as she does, therefore the pig will suffer from neglict and then may become mean and dangerous.
sarah

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jan 11, 2010
Hi. I am the owner of the pig and just wanted to say AGAIN I was told by the police department she was perfectly fine to have. It wasn't until 6 months of living here and after I had rented out my condo that they told me I could not have her... I never tried to break the rules and have complied with everything the council and chief of police request of me so do NOT imply I don'y think the rules apply to me.
Mr oinkoink

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 11, 2010
Ya ok maybe you can see this coming but here it goes. if it gets any nastier hold a fund raiser for the local city council and unknown to them pork sandwiches with chips will be served. pot belly that is- this should get em all voted out in short order
WSP loves pigs

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 11, 2010
Go Daisy Mae!
We have met this wonderful pet along with many people in the community. She is not a hazard and while I understand that the city has rules for a reason, I highly doubt the neighborhood will turn into a pig farm if she is allowed to stay. Like any animal, these types of pigs need special care and I doubt that people will be running out to by baby pigs because of one that has moved into the area.
And yes, you may keep two chickens in the city. We plan on getting a couple next year for show competition and egg production.

Since: Mar 09

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 11, 2010
sarah wrote:
Hi. I am the owner of the pig and just wanted to say AGAIN I was told by the police department she was perfectly fine to have. It wasn't until 6 months of living here and after I had rented out my condo that they told me I could not have her... I never tried to break the rules and have complied with everything the council and chief of police request of me so do NOT imply I don'y think the rules apply to me.
I wish you luck Sarah. I hope you are able to keep your baby. I would like to point out that there are dogs in my neighborhood that are extremely dangerous. I would much rather have a blind peaceful pig as my neighbor. People get really attached to their pets regardless of what type of animal it is, she should be able to stay with you.
WestSide For Life

United States

#19 Jan 12, 2010
Instead of worrying about harmless, blind pigs, we need to be more careful who we elect to sit on these "councils". Is that better "English Teacher" how about spending more time teaching our kids and less time on your computer sitting in judgment of other people, not to mention repeating yourself, like no one got your point the first time. DUH!!!!!! Only God can Judge.
WestSide For Life

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2010
to hard wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you luck Sarah. I hope you are able to keep your baby. I would like to point out that there are dogs in my neighborhood that are extremely dangerous. I would much rather have a blind peaceful pig as my neighbor. People get really attached to their pets regardless of what type of animal it is, she should be able to stay with you.
Good Luck, I know how hard it is to part with a beloved pet. I am with you all the way. WSP needs to worry about there gang and crime problem not a harmless pig. Hey WSP....Get a clue and leave these 2 alone. If it is not a threat and no one has complained...mind your own business.
the far side

Plymouth, MN

#21 Jan 12, 2010
English Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH, The proper spelling is Council. One should always check their spelling when implying others are stupid.
get bend teacher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saint Paul (Nov '13) Jul 26 Catherine 26
News Fort Snelling's upper post: 'Country club,' gho... Jul 23 Tellitlikeitis 8
News Minneapolis, St. Paul will be among worst hit b... Jul 15 PB in Saint Paul 1
News Minnesota won't pay for pro soccer field - but ... Jul 15 PB in Saint Paul 1
News Comcast gives St. Paul seniors runaround on cab... Jul 14 PB in Saint Paul 1
News Lobbyist accuses Hastings lawmaker of defamatio... Jul 14 PB in Saint Paul 1
News St. Paul Saints: Dustin Crenshaw posts complete... Jul 13 Fill Sheegles Wallet 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West St. Paul Mortgages