Woman dies in jump from I-94 at White Bear Avenue in St. Paul; east...

A woman died after reportedly jumping from the White Bear Avenue overpass onto Interstate 94 this afternoon, the St. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RushHour

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 11, 2010
That's one way to do it.
Tragically selfish

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Aug 11, 2010
That is a tragic, selfish act. Tragic to take one's own life, sensing no hope, no love, no future. Tragic to not think clearly of the consequences. Selfish to take one's own life, having no sense of the act's impact on others---especially those innocently driving along I-94, suddenly, shockingly hitting a falling/fallen person on the freeway with absolutely no way to avoid doing so. Selfish because this person's sad, desperate act could have been avoided---or done in private---to avoid the forver scarring of countless others who witnessed it or experienced it.
Auntiecece

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Can you even imagine how horrific it was for the drivers that hit her? Just awful, not their fault, but they have to live with that memory forever.
so sad

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 11, 2010
I was in the area @ 2:30.. I wish I could have stopped her. RIP
Yup

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#8 Aug 11, 2010
I was thinking the same thing. Three or four cars hit her after she jumped. Wow...nothing like inflicting drama/trauma on other peoples life. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was in one of those cars, but I have to think it would be pretty upsetting.
zingbopper

Sparta, WI

#9 Aug 11, 2010
Watch out for that first step lady, it's a doosey.
Wait a minute,maybe she was trying to play real life frogger.
Food for thought my peep's.
Cindy Stainker

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 11, 2010
Condolences to the woman's family.
MNGuy

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Aug 11, 2010
Its weird I was right there just as cops showed up and blocked us off. We were forced to the off ramp of White bear Ave and then went right back on 94 East. I feel kinda dumb because I didn't see anything. No body, no blood, even the cars pulled off on the side seemed fine. I had no idea what the reason was until I read this. I'm glad that I missed being involved or a witness, but I feel kinda dumb that I didn't see anything.
Fat Albert

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 11, 2010
When she heard that John Harrington won the elections she couldn't take it anymore. This is a good way to not vote for John Harrington. Too bad he won already. Poor soul.
witness at the scene

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Aug 11, 2010
it was insane!!! there was no blood!!!! they covered her with a yellow sheet but you could still see her from 94 w!!!! shocking to see a dead lady laying in the middle of the freeway!!!
DEREK

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Aug 11, 2010
FIRST

Since: Jul 10

Duluth, MN

#23 Aug 11, 2010
What a shame, how messed up are the drivers that struck this woman. That kind of stuff sticks with you for a while. Ending your life is your choice and its going to effect your loved ones enough, why take more down with you.
startribune say man

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Aug 11, 2010
On startribune they said it was a man????????
Parent

United States

#25 Aug 11, 2010
........People, People!
obomba Is A ****
Mr T
Jailer
zingbopper
et al......
Go elsewhere with your election result comments.
Let this sad soul RIP.
She accomplished her mission; only God knows why.
Condolences to her family and those she involved, without really understanding why.

Witness

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Aug 11, 2010
witness at the scene wrote:
it was insane!!! there was no blood!!!! they covered her with a yellow sheet but you could still see her from 94 w!!!! shocking to see a dead lady laying in the middle of the freeway!!!
I saw it too from the other side:( I did not know what the yellow thing was and then saw her face down...can't believe they did not cover her up.
01Springer

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Aug 11, 2010
I rode by this right before they covered her..So sad
MEisVi

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Aug 12, 2010
This is really sad and people are wrong to be making fun of a situation like this . This person had family even if she doesn't , I dont think it does any good to be rude about tragedy. No one knows the struggles other people have .
WE ALL WILL MISS U ARI

Millsboro, DE

#30 Aug 12, 2010
FIRST OF ALL NO ONE KNOWS HER SO FOR ANYONE TO SAY HOW WRONG SHE WAS TO DO THIS ITS WRONG IN UR PART SHE WAS A GOOD GIRL AND SPECIAL TO MANY PEOPLE SHE JUST WAS GOIN THREW ALOT AND INSTEAD OF TALKIN TO THE ONES THAT TRULY LOVES HER SHE DID THIS NO ONE IS PERFECT YET ARI WOULD NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BEFORE U WRITE THINK CAUSE U NEVER KNOW WHO WILL READ WHAT U R Sayin RIP CUZIN U WILL B MISSED DEARLY!!!! LOVIN U FOR EVER
miss t

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Aug 12, 2010
Arianna was her name an she will be missed she turned 20 a few months ago she was a very pretty girl with a voice of a angel and a wonderful mother her last facebook words "nd now its time... i dnt wana hurt neone but i cant do it, not one more day..." every ones life's shes touched will never forget her Arianna boo you'll always be in my heart your family is in my prayers LOVE U MISS U BABYGIRL!!!!
AntiMelting

Brainerd, MN

#32 Aug 12, 2010
WE ALL WILL MISS U ARI wrote:
FIRST OF ALL NO ONE KNOWS HER SO FOR ANYONE TO SAY HOW WRONG SHE WAS TO DO THIS ITS WRONG IN UR PART SHE WAS A GOOD GIRL AND SPECIAL TO MANY PEOPLE SHE JUST WAS GOIN THREW ALOT AND INSTEAD OF TALKIN TO THE ONES THAT TRULY LOVES HER SHE DID THIS NO ONE IS PERFECT YET ARI WOULD NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BEFORE U WRITE THINK CAUSE U NEVER KNOW WHO WILL READ WHAT U R Sayin RIP CUZIN U WILL B MISSED DEARLY!!!! LOVIN U FOR EVER
Why didn't you talk with her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Be Aware of Amway!!! Sat Sray0005 1
Iggy Azalea to headline Target Center on April 30 Dec 16 cowboy chris 1
stockings and pantyhose Dec 16 BIGD lust 3
Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting Dec 14 LIbEralS 1
State Trooper Calvin M. Lucas Home Address!!!!!!!! Dec 11 concerned citizen 1
City of Saint Paul Economic Development Director Dec 8 doomsayer 2
St. Paul schools warn that stolen iPads are use... Dec 8 doomsayer 3
West St. Paul Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web