2 dead in McLeod County after apparen...

2 dead in McLeod County after apparent murder-suicide

There are 89 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 14, 2008, titled 2 dead in McLeod County after apparent murder-suicide. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A husband and wife were found dead near Silver Lake in what officials say appears to be a murder-suicide. The bodies of Donald Czeck, 41, and Katrin Czeck, 35, were found Sunday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

a friend

Hutchinson, MN

#25 May 15, 2008
bif wrote:
Don had issues from the time i met him almost 10 years ago. He was very arrogant and immature! I believe the cause was very low self esteem, and thats what put him over the edge.
You do not know what u are talking about their youngest son was my best friend his dad was nothing like that you obviously did not know him one bit now stop making roumors for family and friends that hve been through enough lately.
a friend

Hutchinson, MN

#26 May 15, 2008
bif wrote:
Don had issues from the time i met him almost 10 years ago. He was very arrogant and immature! I believe the cause was very low self esteem, and thats what put him over the edge.
How would you like it if your wife (if you have one) was leaving you would you be mad he just got too mad its human to be mad live with it and im not saying what he did was ok but you dint to act like you didnt exoect it you are a jerk and have no business saying anything bad about them.
soso

Minneapolis, MN

#27 May 15, 2008
a friend wrote:
<quoted text>How would you like it if your wife (if you have one) was leaving you would you be mad he just got too mad its human to be mad live with it and im not saying what he did was ok but you dint to act like you didnt exoect it you are a jerk and have no business saying anything bad about them.
First of all, learn to type.
Second, of course I wouldn't be happy if my spouse left me, but "he just got too mad"? C'mon, you can't be serious. I have been so mad that I saw red but never did I think it was ok to shoot someone or myself. Good lord....
CSI

United States

#28 May 17, 2008
I was there. None of you were.SHUT UP!!!
CSI

United States

#29 May 17, 2008
Sorry Ellen93. I didn't know that you owned this site. Must be nice to be in a different state and think that what you say matters.
An Objective View

Roswell, GA

#31 May 19, 2008
soso wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, learn to type.
Second, of course I wouldn't be happy if my spouse left me, but "he just got too mad"? C'mon, you can't be serious. I have been so mad that I saw red but never did I think it was ok to shoot someone or myself. Good lord....
Give "a friend" a break. He/she did say they were the youngest son's best friend. There's a good chance, then, that the kid is about 12 or thirteen. "Too mad", if you think about it, is what it about boils down to.
brad

Saint Paul, MN

#32 May 19, 2008
CSI wrote:
I was there. None of you were.SHUT UP!!!
You were there? You were there after the fact. You don't know one thing. What does you being there have anything to do with what happened. and secondly you should not be on here saying anything, so you shut up.
brad

Saint Paul, MN

#33 May 19, 2008
And im not from columbia, MO. im from hutchinson, and im the oldest sons friend. If most people knew the whole story you would all look like a bunch of ******. So dont come on here to post ridiculous posts. Just to let everyone know the family does come on here and read what people have to say. so be nice and respectful, not arrogant
Thinking of You

Hutchinson, MN

#34 May 19, 2008
I feel saddened by the comments that have been written on this site. Don & Kate were both amazing people. I refuse to think of either one of them in any other way. I don't understand why people feel they can write negative things about them. What does that accomplish?
I want their families to know that I think of them every single day. I pray that they will be able to ignore the hurtful comments that have been written here and cherish the great memories of Don & Kate instead. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Objective Point of View

Roswell, GA

#35 May 19, 2008
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
You were there? You were there after the fact. You don't know one thing. What does you being there have anything to do with what happened. and secondly you should not be on here saying anything, so you shut up.
Correct, someone who was on the scene at any point of time immediately after the incident really ought not be posting here. I am in the Hutchinson area and have a child in the same grade level at HMS as the youngest son. My heart truly goes out to this family. People do need to think a little before spewing out negligent comments.
About 16 years ago my own father committed suicide. It is a horrible thing to come to grips with. I was already an adult and married at the time and it was still incredibly difficult. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. My brother who was 17 at the time came home from school to find him. He didn't acknowdge he needed help at the time, and because he didn't get any help, his life slowly began to unravel. It's hard to find support groups because the subject of suicide is so taboo. It made it easier for me because this happened in a community away from Hutchinson, so only a few very close friends of mine even know it happened. If the family is indeed reading, I would offer up to them this advice. That no matter what, stay away from trying to assign blame. Both victoms were just that, victoms, regardless of what preceeded. It's hard at times to not blame each other and yourselve. But you can't. No one knew this would happen. And my advice also would be for the kids (all of them) to make sure they get counciling, they may not even realized how this has affected them, but no doubt, it has and will continue to affect.

“Spay and neuter your pets”

Since: Mar 08

Mosquitoland, MN

#36 May 19, 2008
Ooop, "An Objective View" and "Objective Point of View" are both me. Forgot what I called Myself.

“Spay and neuter your pets”

Since: Mar 08

Mosquitoland, MN

#37 May 19, 2008
CanineLover wrote:
Ooop, "An Objective View" and "Objective Point of View" are both me. Forgot what I called Myself.
"CanineLover", "An Objective View" and "Objective Point of View" are all the same. Used wrong handle. Sorry
jeffery

Saint Paul, MN

#38 May 19, 2008
virgin maria wrote:
this is typical of white people to kill other human begins, or themselves.
Its typical of whites? Maybe in war to protect their own country, what are you black or mexican? Thats right you first rob them then kill them.
MCV

Portage, MI

#39 May 20, 2008
ok all of u be quiet if u are friends with them are they no the family me i know tim and they had a lot of crap in there life right now
brad

Saint Paul, MN

#40 May 20, 2008
MCV wrote:
ok all of u be quiet if u are friends with them are they no the family me i know tim and they had a lot of crap in there life right now
what?
MCV

Portage, MI

#41 May 22, 2008
im friends with tim and i know what hes going through and if people dont know them dont make comments about mike thats not cool
brad

Saint Paul, MN

#42 May 22, 2008
I got ya man
CSI

United States

#43 May 22, 2008
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was there after the fact, and I live in Silver Lake, where everyone knows everyone. I don't live in Hutch or Columbus OH where I am out of touch with what is happening in Silver Lake. So, yes I was there after the fact, and before the fact. Come to think of it, during the fact, also.
brad

Saint Paul, MN

#44 May 23, 2008
You're CSI and live in silver lake? Too bad there were only 2 people there DURING THE FACT. They only lived in Silver Lake, for what year and a half? Not even in the town of silver lake either. Neither of them worked in silverlake so dont act like you've known them your whole life.
MCV

Portage, MI

#45 May 27, 2008
Csi you know nothing they only lived there for a year and 4 months and im friends with them and they problly dont know u so keep your mouth shut

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Installed an Epoxy Floor Coating in My Garage Nov 17 Frank227 1
Richard Dean Renwick "dropbacknpunt" on ebay. H... (Jan '16) Nov 15 ma renwick 6
News Paul Allen: Loss of Jeff Dubay devastating (Oct '08) Nov 14 Konko blu 65
Fantastic new mayor Nov 11 your name 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saint Paul (Nov '13) Nov 9 ashley 72
News Sustainable: Third-party solar ownership takes off Nov 7 Solarman 1
New App for missing Nov 6 trish 2

West St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West St. Paul Mortgages