2 dead in McLeod County after apparent murder-suicide

Full story: TwinCities.com

A husband and wife were found dead near Silver Lake in what officials say appears to be a murder-suicide. The bodies of Donald Czeck, 41, and Katrin Czeck, 35, were found Sunday evening.
Comments
1 - 20 of 86 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
justagirl

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Judged:

Katrin was to be moving out Monday, divorcing her husband for a 24 yr old guy. He was depressed and murdered her while three of their kids were out on a 4-wheeler ride. They came home and found them.
classmate

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Judged:

I knew Katie since we were six years old. She had a kind heart and a lively spirit. No one deserves to die in this horrible way - whatever they have done. If only someone would have recognized how troubled he was and done something to stop this tragedy.
brad

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Judged:

The oldest son did not kill himself. horrible rumor for you to start spreading, i am friends with them, shame on you
jeffery

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

Judged:

myheartgoesout wrote:
I knew Katrin. She was a kind and caring person. I think that her soon-to-be ex went off the deepend. I think that he commited the ultimate sin, not only for taking a beautiful life but for the trauma and devistation that he has inflicted on the innocent children.
Ultimate Sin? Does commiting adultery sound like a sin to you? No he should not have done it, but she should not have cheated on her husband and continued to live in the same home
Hutchinson Local

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

Judged:

I don't know how some people sleep at night. Honestly, who ever came up with the rumor that Mike committed suicide needs major psychological help. As someone who knows one of the children personally, I know that they don't need any more of this CRAP going around!!!!!! Seriously, think before you speak!!
Wow

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

Judged:

First of all, Don's son is alive, and as well as can be expected. He organized and attended his father's funeral. What a horrible rumor to start. Like the families don't have enough to deal with!
Also, regardless of what Katie did or did not do, she did not deserve what she got. That being said, I think that rubbing Don's face in the fact that she was with some young guy, was probably not the smartest thing to do. Why push a guy that's standing on the edge if you don't want him to fall off?
My heart goes out to the children, and I hope that the families can get past their arguing enough to realize that they need all the love they can get, from everyone they can get it from. It's a tragedy that happened, and they will need to come together to help the kids try to recover from it.
Oliver

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2008

Don was still a father, a brother, and a loving family member... Nobody knows what hapened but the 2 people who are no longer here. Does anybody think about the kids before they start opening their mouths!!!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2008

My deepest sympathy for the families, friends, and most certainly for the children left behind. May their young hearts find peace beyond this living nightmare, and may their little ears be spared the gossip, speculation, and blamecasting which is sure to haunt them the rest of their lives.
Friend Forever in MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

I have known Katie her whole life since we were born only days apart. I also had the opportunity to meet Don, and have nothing negative to say of him. Regardless of what mistakes Katie may have made in her life, she did not deserve what she got. I hold nothing against Don's older son. He did not control his father's actions. Instead of playing the blame game and holding grudges, I think that we should all be extending our love and support and prayers to the victims left by this tragedy. The "couple's 4 children"! Katie may not have been the mother of Don's oldest son, but I am sure she cared for him nonetheless, just as Don cared for Katie's first daughter Ashley! These children have already paid the ultimate price for something they had no control over. Please lets stop the harsh words and negative comments and focus on what really matters, The lives of Don and Katie's children! Please, let do what we can to help them through this tragedy! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I will continue to pray for all of you each day, as I know your mother would have gladly done the same for me!
ABC

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Judged:

The oldest son moved back to help out with the kids because of the situation... some family members from both sides attended each wake etc....
jeffery

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Judged:

cousin L wrote:
<quoted text>
Katrin could not deal with her husband physical & emotional abuse any more!get all your information,before you judge.
Like thats not a one sided call. Bet you you're not don's cousin. It took her what, 13 years at least to figure it out, and if so, she decides to do it after they just built a brand new house,(sounds like a bad relationship to me), then to put the icing on the cake it's with a 24 year old. Please, like thats not going to push anyone over the edge. What makes it even better, she met this guy on the internet. Bet that would have made out for a what, 2 to 3 month stint, then she would be back a knocking. He should not have done what he did, but know everyone knows what could happen.
bif

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Judged:

Don had issues from the time i met him almost 10 years ago. He was very arrogant and immature! I believe the cause was very low self esteem, and thats what put him over the edge.
jeffery

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

exactly, low self esteem + wife leaving u for some punk kid= basically what happened
Sad

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

Why not focus on the people that Don & Kate were - both very loving, wonderful people. They both made poor decisions in the end, but that shouldn't take away from who they were. I feel blessed to have known both of them and to call them my dear friends. I will miss both of them greatly. Now it's time to focus on the kids - my heart aches for them.
cousin mn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

Judged:

jeffery wrote:
exactly, low self esteem + wife leaving u for some punk kid= basically what happened
you are co clueless...
cousin mn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

Judged:

jeffery wrote:
<quoted text>
Like thats not a one sided call. Bet you you're not don's cousin. It took her what, 13 years at least to figure it out, and if so, she decides to do it after they just built a brand new house,(sounds like a bad relationship to me), then to put the icing on the cake it's with a 24 year old. Please, like thats not going to push anyone over the edge. What makes it even better, she met this guy on the internet. Bet that would have made out for a what, 2 to 3 month stint, then she would be back a knocking. He should not have done what he did, but know everyone knows what could happen.
It shouldn't have happened.You just don't know everything that went on.
jeffery

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

Judged:

little do you know, that i probably know more than you. just because you're a "cousin" doesnt mean you know everything. friends just might happen to know just a few things too...
ell

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

there are so many rumors about this, "son killing myself" the "20 year old" committing suicide.
i don't know this family all i know is they can tanning sometimes, but wow this strikes me! soo sad for what the kids have to deal with and go threw after all this happened, it's sad how things you dont even know could happen before you know it.
=[
CSI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

Judged:

Why don't you all quit the mud slining and the non-educated phological babble (you're not qualified). I was there, and I have to live with what I saw and what I had to do. The kids are what matter now. Reading all the posted remarks reenforces the theory that we are going to destroy ourselves. We don't have to worry about an asteroid or pandemic. I am still having nightmares about what I saw there.
Ellen93

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

What does anything with you having being there have to do with the facts of why it happened?
Start a different blog if you want to talk about the incident, not the reasons for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boosting property values on light rail lines 23 hr cowboy chris 1
CD player will not read discs in 2014 Odyssey Aug 17 perry2014 1
Minnesota's good life for Whites only? Aug 17 No Color Boundries 3
HealthEast hospitals embracing a 'baby-friendly... Aug 16 Treated Friendly ... 1
Mayor Coleman wants new road rebuilding effort,... Aug 14 PB in Saint Paul 1
St. Paul banker John Markert fails in bid for p... (Dec '13) Aug 14 Elizabeth King 3
update: Clogging up on I-494 in Newport Aug 14 John gotti 3

Search the West St. Paul Forum:
•••
•••
•••

West St. Paul Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE