Protection from Tyranny? The Second A...

Protection from Tyranny? The Second Amendment as a Means to Protect the State, Not Overthrow It

There are 2 comments on the OpEdNews story from Sep 24, 2013, titled Protection from Tyranny? The Second Amendment as a Means to Protect the State, Not Overthrow It. In it, OpEdNews reports that:

In the wake of mass shootings like those that occurred at Newtown, Aurora, and now the D.C. Naval Yard, the pro-gun lobby reminds us that the 2nd Amendment was created as a safeguard so that ordinary citizens can protect themselves from a tyrannical government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OpEdNews.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1 Sep 24, 2013
More left wing crap.

The author should have learned the 10th amendment and back tracked to the 2nd.
Chesty

Aurora, IL

#2 Sep 28, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
More left wing crap.
The author should have learned the 10th amendment and back tracked to the 2nd.
You say that as if you believed the author cared to educate himself about history using actual facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) Apr 29 Hypocrisy person... 324
News Puppy Place reopens, but not with official consent (Apr '08) Feb '16 Bcon18 38
News West Springfield police charge 21-year-old Kim ... (Jun '11) Dec '15 Manhattan 8
Tag sale (Aug '15) Aug '15 Primrose 1
News Springfield police seek missing teen Maia Sprue... (Jul '15) Jul '15 ibhenryb2013 1
News MySpace In Sex Assault Probe (Feb '06) Apr '15 spen 424
News Hunter in West Springfield's Mittineague Park c... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Afterthismessage 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Springfield Mortgages