Suffolk legislator pushing Verizon for equal rollouts

Jul 12, 2007 Read more: Newsday 12
Claiming Verizon would discriminate against minority and low-income communities if the town of Islip grants it a cable franchise agreement -- an action the town is considering -- Suffolk County Legis. Read more
Time out

Bronx, NY

#1 Jul 12, 2007
So let me get this straight. This legislator is criticizing VZ's plans based on CVC's maps? Something's not right here.
Bitey

United States

#2 Jul 12, 2007
Ain't nobody in Whinedanch gonna afford no cable modems, well unless they're on the gov't dole.
News-free

Bronx, NY

#3 Jul 12, 2007
Where's the beef? VZ says they're building in his towns. Should be evident from the dozens of trucks around.
NYMom

Englishtown, NJ

#4 Jul 12, 2007
another example of someone trying to stir up a racism issue where none exists. I am ashamed to be a democrat some days...

We all know it is always about the almighty dollar and very little is to do with racism, human rights, etc.

sigh....
PC Gone wild

Shirley, NY

#5 Jul 12, 2007
I cant believe Long Island anymore. Verizon is a business. If someone can not afford the business services why should they be forced to give it to them anyway? They are not going to pay for it. Its a luxury not a life necessity. I am tired of all these give aways for the "Minorities". Whitey is the minority
Bean-o

Bronx, NY

#6 Jul 12, 2007
Is it the Legislator that's stirring up racism? Or is it Cablevision?
NYMom wrote:
another example of someone trying to stir up a racism issue where none exists. I am ashamed to be a democrat some days...
We all know it is always about the almighty dollar and very little is to do with racism, human rights, etc.
sigh....
Bitey

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2007
NYMom wrote:
I am ashamed to be a democrat some days...
Only SOME days??????
Trump

Valley Stream, NY

#8 Jul 12, 2007
Excuse me...but haven't we seen this before? Someone uninformed saying the service is not going to all communities? And haven't we seen that it indeed IS branching out to all areas? Someone's trying to make an issue where there's none.
vz tech

Brentwood, NY

#9 Jul 12, 2007
beware of verizons empty promises. get in contact with TRACY EDWARDS. She is the head in charge of long island. ask her how long it will take to wire up long island. her response will surely be a LIE.
Fran

AOL

#10 Jul 12, 2007
The odds that Legislator Montano understands the technology involved here or why Verizon has to do it this way are probably not good. Verizon is now spending the money of its cutomers to defend and explain its actions. How does this help anyone, Legislator Montano? Why don't you speak out about the gangs, crime, or encouraging young people to seek higher education? I would probably support your efforts if you did so.
Lew Westbury NY

Bethpage, NY

#11 Jul 13, 2007
sounds like Montano is taking lessons from the Nassau county legislature - interfer with every aspect of life and force decent people to leave.
rich

Bethpage, NY

#12 Jul 15, 2007
When are our local politicans going to take their hands out of Cablevisions pockets and start to welcome competition. I only hope that when Cablevision reapplies for its franchise, they are saddled with the same bias attacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Island Veterinary Hospital - Shona Balb... (Jun '09) 33 min JCL 19
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr AN NFL FAN 121,620
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) 7 hr blu3eyez90 59
Gay Friendly Sayville? (Aug '14) Apr 17 GayFriendly 5
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Apr 16 WolfOfWallStreet 14
Review: Fairharbor Owners Apr 16 sick and tired 5
Debate: Drinking Age - Fire Island, NY (Jul '14) Apr 16 Natasha 3

Coastal Flood Statement for Suffolk County was issued at April 20 at 9:48PM EDT

More from around the web

West Sayville People Search