NC woman seriously injured in Bohemia crash -

Full story: Newsday 42
A North Carolina woman was seriously injured in a car accident in Bohemia Wednesday night at Lakeland Avenue near Smithtown Boulevard, Suffolk police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#1 Aug 9, 2007
quote..."A North Carolina woman was seriously injured in a car accident in Bohemia Wednesday night at Lakeland Avenue near Smithtown Boulevard, Suffolk police said.
Shannon Dumais, 22, of Hillside Avenue in West Sayville".

she doesn't live in NC, she lives in Sayville, probably just registers her car in NC to save on insurance.
i hope the insurance will now pay for this accident.

“The Bomb Diggity!”

Since: Jul 07

Westbury, Long Island, NY

#3 Aug 9, 2007
shameless-li wrote:
quote..."A North Carolina woman was seriously injured in a car accident in Bohemia Wednesday night at Lakeland Avenue near Smithtown Boulevard, Suffolk police said.
Shannon Dumais, 22, of Hillside Avenue in West Sayville".
she doesn't live in NC, she lives in Sayville, probably just registers her car in NC to save on insurance.
i hope the insurance will now pay for this accident.
Good catch, I hope she gets busted for that but she wont because she must be able to prove recidency (spelled wrong I know) in NC to do that so...there are loop holes.
People here in Virgina do that ALL the time. Much cheaper down there AND the taxes are like nil.
No Comment

Cresskill, NJ

#5 Aug 9, 2007
Hello all...her mother lived in North Carolina and was a passenger in her car. THAT is who was seriously injured.
read the article

Montvale, NJ

#6 Aug 9, 2007
Shameless-li, the injured was the mother (NC) to the driver (WSayville) ... SCPD cop, you're disgusting ~ I pray nothing like this happens to anyone you love
Tinker

Washington, DC

#7 Aug 9, 2007
Ah...the left hand turn strikes again.
booker t

Denville, NJ

#8 Aug 9, 2007
Ummm, A good rule is to NOT turn Left in front of an oncoming car.
I hope mom is OK.
Super Flammer

Little Neck, NY

#9 Aug 9, 2007
NC woman seriously injured in Bohemia crash
BY JOSEPH "POLIC SCANNER" MALLIA | joseph.mallia@newsday.com

Keep on chasing them ambulances Joey!
Wow

East Orange, NJ

#10 Aug 9, 2007
Yeah..umm..who had the right of way here?

Hope all is well.
Girl

Holbrook, NY

#11 Aug 9, 2007
The Dumais family is really nice. I hope she is okay.
Someone on Scene

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Aug 9, 2007
They are called press releases morons... you all need to get your facts straight before you start bashing Joseph or the PASSENGER who could have lived in Guam for all I care, she wasnt driving. Even if she was, its her daughters car, her daughter lives here... NICE people on LI i see, a family member visits and her daughter gets into an accident, putting her in critical condition in the hospital and you all bash her... id lvoe to meet some of you on the road and show you what trauma is and hearbreak is.
LIer

Hicksville, NY

#13 Aug 9, 2007
Wasn't there a Honda-full of people killed or injured or something, a few weeks ago, while heading from the Bronx down to NC to buy car insurance? Just sayin'.
yeah right

Denver, CO

#15 Aug 9, 2007
LIer wrote:
Wasn't there a Honda-full of people killed or injured or something, a few weeks ago, while heading from the Bronx down to NC to buy car insurance? Just sayin'.
yep - wonder what plates she had on her car.
yeah right

Denver, CO

#16 Aug 9, 2007
anybody else ever notice the number of cars here on li that drive around with carolina (n/s) plates on them?
you got the snowbirds driving with florida plates year round. why do you think ny insurance rates are so high. they had no-fault insurance in other states, so if they get into an accident with you, your screwed.
police should be doing a better job cracking down on this fraud, check the cars reg, insurance card, and drivers license, if all 3 don't match they should be ticketed.
it's one big scam just like a previous poster said "Wasn't there a Honda-full of people killed or injured or something, a few weeks ago, while heading from the Bronx down to NC to buy car insurance? Just sayin'."
Hot Carl

Wallington, NJ

#17 Aug 9, 2007
Kids getting in accidents on LI? NOOOOOO!!!!
FF Jack

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Aug 9, 2007
Very sad case which leaves a lot open for speculation; who had the right-of-way, etc.

I ask you to please wear your sealbelts every time you drive. Everyone of us knows someone who has been lost in a car accident. It only takes seconds to properly belt up but saves lives.
Family

AOL

#19 Aug 9, 2007
for all your stupid a*s comments ..........the passanger is her mother she lives in NC and i am her neice.........u shouldnt speak on someone or wish anythin on them not noing the situation........people were seriously injured and u have nothing better to do than to come on here and say it deserved them right or she was getting her welfare check....get the F*ck over urself........if it was ur family u wuldnt be sayin shit wuld u..........Shannon my prayers are with you all..........Donna we love you!!!!
really

Denver, CO

#21 Aug 9, 2007
please learn to spell, a mind is a terrible thing to waste:

passanger = passenger
shouldnt = shouldn't
u = you
anythin = anything
noing = knowing (now that was a good one)
ur = your
wuldn't = wouldn't
sayin = saying
wuld = would

god bless you

god bless you
LIer

Edison, NJ

#22 Aug 9, 2007
really wrote:
passanger = passenger
shouldnt = shouldn't
u = you
anythin = anything
ur = your
wuldn't = wouldn't
sayin = saying
wuld = would
god bless you
god bless you
LOL! I think it's already wasted!
Friend of the family

Hawthorne, NJ

#23 Aug 9, 2007
Don't post unless you know what you are talking about.You are very sick,mean people.

The woman and her husband just retired, After living here all of there lives, they sold their home, moved to North Carolina.

She was a PASSENGER in her daughters car.

She came up to visit.She is a wonderful woman,and her family has been through so much.

This is very very sad.
You should be ashamed of yourselves
Friend of the family

Hawthorne, NJ

#24 Aug 9, 2007
really wrote:
passanger = passenger
shouldnt = shouldn't
u = you
anythin = anything
ur = your
wuldn't = wouldn't
sayin = saying
wuld = would
god bless you
god bless you
I think you are a very mean cruel person.How dare you say those things to someone who is very upset.
"LEARN TO SPELL"??
How about you learn to be a human being??? Try that.
The woman injured is a very caring sweet person, who whenneeded, became a mom to many.She took in her nephew when his mom died..she is a wonderful sweet lady.
Again, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Grau 119,184
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 22 hr I Hate Syracuse 1,350
How cold is it Sun ExLIer 4
Review: Airport Transportation Nov 20 Courtney Galler 2
Islip Tax Hike Nov 20 EJP 1
Adopting older kids: heavenly (Dec '06) Nov 19 edlacinski 4
Verizon Fios vs Optimum on line (Mar '08) Aug '14 Roger 122

West Sayville News Video

West Sayville Dating
Find my Match