Rent hike may leave Suffolk park hous...

Rent hike may leave Suffolk park houses vulnerable -- Environme...

There are 16 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Rent hike may leave Suffolk park houses vulnerable -- Environme.... In it, Newsday reports that:

The guardians of Suffolk's historic sites said the county law that has hiked rents on park houses is not working and has left almost half of them empty, raising fears of costly vandalism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bangkok Bill

Bangkok, Thailand

#2 Apr 2, 2008
Rent them out to illegals,5 to a room.
ALFRED E NEWMAN

Mesquite, NV

#3 Apr 2, 2008
GRAET IDEA BILL AND IT WILL REDUE THE
TAXES TOO !
START HANGING THE RENTAL SIGNS IN FARMINGVILLE ?
DSS

Bronx, NY

#4 Apr 3, 2008
Now the county has a good place to stick it's DSS clients instead of rooming houses in Gordon Heights, illegal apartments in Shirely, and section 8 specials in Brentwood and North Bellport. Full occupancy in about 5 minutes and at no further cost to the taxpayer.
anonymous

Yaphank, NY

#5 Apr 3, 2008
This is the start of Long Island becomming a ghost town. Lets leave it to the politicians you know the whoamasters. That's all that are going to be left. See what they do then then they will go to another state and destroy it like they did Long Island. The whoasmasters the ones who use our money to pay for sex.
HILLARY

Waxhaw, NC

#6 Apr 3, 2008
FILL THEM WITH SECTION 8 APPLICANTS
andycee

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Apr 3, 2008
just plain greedy.....well ...we will see how you change your tune......eff them old houses.....and your gouging of the public....now you got ..............nothing
Joseb

United States

#8 Apr 3, 2008
This is just a ploy not to rent them so they can say that the plan does not work. After their plan works for them they will go back to way they used to rent them, way below cost to their friends and family.
give us a break

Englewood, CO

#9 Apr 3, 2008
Let them rent them at reasonable prices but make town/county officals ineligible to rent them. Make it a lottery. I'm sure that there are a lot of people that would take care of these houses if they were reasonable. Either that or sell them off
Ex-Islander

Albany, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2008
FFLIH (Friends for Long Island's Heritage) did a great job of keeping these historic buildings occupied. Too bad that they were the object of a witch hunt and were forced to disband. The taxpayers got what they deserved.
Elmo

Dumont, NJ

#12 Apr 3, 2008
Does anyone know how to go about renting one of these homes ? This article would be a lot more useful if they provided a little more information.
bill

Baldwin, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2008
Victoria Fisher ! She'll fill the houses with ILLEGALS ! And have us pay !
tommy boy

Amityville, NY

#15 Apr 3, 2008
I might add that I would like to know who lives in prime State park houses West End beach, Caleb Smith, Sunken Meadow. Caumsett to name a few. Is this chickanery considered income and as such is it taxed the same way my income is taxed ?
Carr

Bronx, NY

#16 Apr 3, 2008
bill wrote:
Victoria Fisher ! She'll fill the houses with ILLEGALS ! And have us pay !
first of all her name is Vivian not Victoria, just as you don't know her name you also have no idea of what a good Legislator she really is. Shame on you for slandering her good name. By the way she is legal and values her status as a US citizen.
Joseb

United States

#17 Apr 4, 2008
Carr wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all her name is Vivian not Victoria, just as you don't know her name you also have no idea of what a good Legislator she really is. Shame on you for slandering her good name. By the way she is legal and values her status as a US citizen.
Your girl, Viv panders to the Illegal Aliens and their ilk that support them. Do not believe me look up her voting record. Ask your girl Viv why she voted against the bill that had to do with contractors that work for the County had to prove their workers were LEGALLY able to work in the U.S.A.? Ask your girl Viv why she voted against the bill that Beedenbender sponsored. I do not trust her as far as I can throw her large caboose. That is one person that needs to be thrown out of office.

I guarantee your girl would sell her soul and park housing to Illegal Aliens and their ilk to get elected. Mind you she is no different then the rest of the S C U M.
Carr

Bronx, NY

#18 Apr 8, 2008
Joseb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your girl, Viv panders to the Illegal Aliens and their ilk that support them. Do not believe me look up her voting record. Ask your girl Viv why she voted against the bill that had to do with contractors that work for the County had to prove their workers were LEGALLY able to work in the U.S.A.? Ask your girl Viv why she voted against the bill that Beedenbender sponsored. I do not trust her as far as I can throw her large caboose. That is one person that needs to be thrown out of office.
I guarantee your girl would sell her soul and park housing to Illegal Aliens and their ilk to get elected. Mind you she is no different then the rest of the S C U M.
You really should get a grip on yourself. She WOULD NOT sell her soul for any reason, like I said YOU Don't have a clue of what she stands for, as for Beedenbender perposal it does not really solve the issue the county legislators can not solve the problem only our Federal government can she is wise enough to know this, passing that perposal would have cost the taxpayers higher taxes to enforce it. As far as SCUM is concerned it sounds like you live in it.
Joseb

United States

#19 Apr 9, 2008
Carr wrote:
<quoted text> You really should get a grip on yourself. She WOULD NOT sell her soul for any reason, like I said YOU Don't have a clue of what she stands for, as for Beedenbender perposal it does not really solve the issue the county legislators can not solve the problem only our Federal government can she is wise enough to know this, passing that perposal would have cost the taxpayers higher taxes to enforce it. As far as SCUM is concerned it sounds like you live in it.
Sure if you consider living in a 17,000 sq. ft. house in Upper Brookville scum, then so be it.
Either way your girl Viv is who she is and she made it that way not me. By the way quit posting and get a real job. Working for your girl Viv is not a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) 13 hr Sweet 35
all drownings (Jun '07) 23 hr Hawkins Ave Hound 76
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Sat Karen K 47
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Nov 16 ralf 13
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Nov 15 Peter Charneco 1,498
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Nov 13 Christine 67
What is your favorite Brentwood Restaurant? (Nov '08) Nov 12 Oscar Meyer 28

West Sayville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Sayville Mortgages