Mom, 3 children escape Bohemia blaze

Mom, 3 children escape Bohemia blaze

There are 38 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 19, 2007, titled Mom, 3 children escape Bohemia blaze. In it, Newsday reports that:

A mother of three was critically burned in a house fire late Sunday night in Bohemia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Courtney

Passaic, NJ

#22 Mar 21, 2007
This type of tragedy just makes you realize how many people really love you. I am here for you day and night, no matter what. I am hoping and praying that everything works out just fine. You are such a wonderful family. My best wishes are with you. Donna, you are such a strong woman, keep fighting your best fight. JACCKS is here for you 200%. :D
Megan

Patchogue, NY

#23 Mar 21, 2007
im so sorry. i hope u are able to get your lifes back and i hope your mother gets better and back on her feet! Im praying for you all
kristine

Bayport, NY

#24 Mar 21, 2007
i hope you get better real soon,donna!<3
Brian

Baltimore, MD

#25 Mar 21, 2007
fin wrote:
Batteries in place in her detector I guess.
what does that mean???
Brenda

AOL

#26 Mar 21, 2007
I was so shocked to hear this tragic story. Anyone that knows this family, can tell you just how special they are. Donna you are in my thoughts and prayers. All my best for a full recovery. May God bless you and your family.
Ronni

Elizabeth, NJ

#27 Mar 22, 2007
Your friends and family are all praying for you day and night. You have not been out of our thoughts. We hope for your recovery. The house can be replaced but you cannot. All our love, The Scott family.
MJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#28 Mar 22, 2007
MBM wrote:
I hope it wasn't another space heater that caused this. Space heaters are so dangerous.
Newsday said it was embers from a fireplace in the living room.
MJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#29 Mar 22, 2007
I went to HS with Donna and my thoughts and prayers are with her at this time. Thank God her children made it out okay. Thank you to her neighbors as well for trying to save her sooner.
MJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#30 Mar 22, 2007
volff wrote:
How about a title of "Woman RESCUED by Volunteer firefighters", not "escaped".
You know, I know this person, and she is fighting for her life and you're worried about which word is being used. Are you for real?
ron g

AOL

#31 Mar 23, 2007
i am one of donna's many friends from the gym. could someone email me [email protected]
MJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#32 Mar 23, 2007
volff wrote:
How about a title of "Woman RESCUED by Volunteer firefighters", not "escaped".
Good point

Good point??? Are you kidding? As I said to the original poster, I know her, went to school with her, she is fighting for her life in a burn unit and has 3 children, and ALL you are two are worried about is the usage of the word "escaped" as to "rescued"? The stupidity level of people just amazes me.
MJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#33 Mar 23, 2007
The above reply about word usage is in reply to Phil of Commack's reply to volff. Both of you need to stop worrying about stupid, ridiculous, inconsequential things and figure out the important stuff in life.
TMD

Bethpage, NY

#34 Mar 24, 2007
This family needs our prayers. If everyone would pause and pray every time time they think of them, even for one minute. Miracles happen and let's send prayers and positive healing thoughts their way. God bless the Blienka family and all the caregivers and love ones who surround them.
dearly missed

New York, NY

#35 Mar 24, 2007
Donna died this morning. I am a cousin and I would just like to say never take anyone for granted. Donna always did right to everyone, and was repaied by this tradgedy. May she rest in peace, she was dearly loved and is always missed.
Flagler

Medford, NY

#36 Mar 24, 2007
this is sad, RIP
Question

Bergenfield, NJ

#37 Mar 26, 2007
dearly missed wrote:
Donna died this morning. I am a cousin and I would just like to say never take anyone for granted. Donna always did right to everyone, and was repaied by this tradgedy. May she rest in peace, she was dearly loved and is always missed.
If she passed away on Saturday, why was it not reported anywhere?
bohemia

AOL

#38 Mar 26, 2007
Donna didn't pass away on Saturday.She is living on a machine for now.Lets just pray..
TMD

Bethpage, NY

#39 Mar 26, 2007
Please do not let Wantagh stop our prayers...they are still needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lord jesus comfort us with your holy ghost 8 hr Hank Hanegraaff 1
Hookups in sayville (Jul '16) 8 hr Hank Hanegraaff 4
News Guardian Angels to expand on LI to fight gang '... May 26 tee143 1
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) May 26 Van Buren St Guy 1,456
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) May 25 DENG 121,924
News Twist in Tom Croci's path to war zone May 25 Go to HELL 2
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) May 25 WolfOfWallStreet 40

West Sayville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance