Feds Propose New Cigarette Warnings -...

Feds Propose New Cigarette Warnings - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown

There are 33 comments on the WFMZ story from Nov 10, 2010, titled Feds Propose New Cigarette Warnings - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown. In it, WFMZ reports that:

The Food and Drug Administration wants to go beyond the surgeon general's warning on cigarette packages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just candid

AOL

#21 Nov 14, 2010
Just candid made the poat about aol being free. ;(
ws w

Reading, PA

#22 Nov 14, 2010
just candid wrote:
Just candid made the poat about aol being free. ;(
You are, just candid. You're also an idiot who tried to change his name and just told on himself. Typical intelligence level of someone on AOLOLOSER.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#23 Nov 14, 2010
Why not put fed warnings on chocolate and alcohol too....

For that matter frozen french fries, ring dings, pop tarts. Let's give some more starving artists a job out there.
Que

Catasauqua, PA

#24 Nov 14, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
Why not put fed warnings on chocolate and alcohol too....
For that matter frozen french fries, ring dings, pop tarts. Let's give some more starving artists a job out there.
All this at the same time there's still a big push to make weed legal.

Are they going to put picures of fatties on sweets? or mangled bodies on alcohol?

Sad to say this is what happens when the govenment picks and chooses what evils to support.

I feel sorry for cigarette smokers. Having a bad habit shouldn't make yourself opened to being fleeced.

BTW Happy Sunday!

Location hidden

#25 Nov 14, 2010
Que wrote:
<quoted text>
All this at the same time there's still a big push to make weed legal.
Are they going to put picures of fatties on sweets? or mangled bodies on alcohol?
Sad to say this is what happens when the govenment picks and chooses what evils to support.
I feel sorry for cigarette smokers. Having a bad habit shouldn't make yourself opened to being fleeced.
BTW Happy Sunday!
Just another creative way to make money esp. with the push to make weed legal. Healthcare is unaffordable so were on the health kick now. Pretty soon you'll be fined for eating a Devil Dog.

Fines bring money in, I like the one where I read on here not too long ago some city is trying to push, where you can be fined for having an unlocked car.

I'm all for pushing good health excedra, but when rules and fines infringe on my freedoms, and come into my home, that's a NO NO in my book.

Fines and rules are meant to prevent from bad things happening, not just to make money off of people !!

I'm so glad I got that off my chest, I love to vent on here once inawhile. Thank you Topix for having
this forum ;-)

QUE: BTW You have a Happy Sunday too ;-)
just candid

AOL

#26 Nov 14, 2010
Locked autos may stop some autos being stolen. We all have to pay extra for Ins and tax due to stolen autos. TRUE IT WILL NOT STOP A PRO., BUT IT MAY KEEP KIDS ECT FROM TAKING YOUR CAR FOR A JOY RIDE AND HURTING OR KILLING SOMEONE WHEN THEY CRASH. 0>:-]
Que

Catasauqua, PA

#27 Nov 14, 2010
Unfortunately the court system, who is supposed to be the "checks and balances" isn't preventing these legislative power grabs.

These things, like the San Francisco law to ban kids happy meals, should have been booted out years ago and the lawmakers that propose them impeached and removed from office.

No way should the folks in Harrisburg or Washington be sounding like our mother.

End rant! ;-)

We need to be sending letters to DC and Harrisburg to follow up our gripes. After all, every 2-4 years they want our vote. And they developed the bureaucracy that makes laws that we have to live by.

Just think, nobody elected the FDA, FTC or Surgeon General yet they can tell us what to eat.

Hope you got out today Suezanne, It was so nice to be out on the bicycle and in the convertible.
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another creative way to make money esp. with the push to make weed legal. Healthcare is unaffordable so were on the health kick now. Pretty soon you'll be fined for eating a Devil Dog.
Fines bring money in, I like the one where I read on here not too long ago some city is trying to push, where you can be fined for having an unlocked car.
I'm all for pushing good health excedra, but when rules and fines infringe on my freedoms, and come into my home, that's a NO NO in my book.
Fines and rules are meant to prevent from bad things happening, not just to make money off of people !!
I'm so glad I got that off my chest, I love to vent on here once inawhile. Thank you Topix for having
this forum ;-)
QUE: BTW You have a Happy Sunday too ;-)
just candid

AOL

#28 Nov 14, 2010
Smokers stigma must stink for all smokers. Self centered, selfish addicts that they are, They prove it every time they light up around others. 0>;-\

Location hidden

#29 Nov 14, 2010
just candid wrote:
Locked autos may stop some autos being stolen. We all have to pay extra for Ins and tax due to stolen autos. TRUE IT WILL NOT STOP A PRO., BUT IT MAY KEEP KIDS ECT FROM TAKING YOUR CAR FOR A JOY RIDE AND HURTING OR KILLING SOMEONE WHEN THEY CRASH. 0>:-]
Insurance rates don't go up with unlocked car doors, they will not cover the loss that I know of. So the only person directly affected is the owner of the car. This is simply a ploy to make money on fines.
I think this infringes on peoples freedoms for the sake of this city wanting money.

Location hidden

#30 Nov 14, 2010
just candid wrote:
About the kids taking a car for a joyride, and hurting or killing someone when they crash, well there is risk involved in every move we make while driving.

Location hidden

#31 Nov 14, 2010
Que wrote:
Unfortunately the court system, who is supposed to be the "checks and balances" isn't preventing these legislative power grabs.
These things, like the San Francisco law to ban kids happy meals, should have been booted out years ago and the lawmakers that propose them impeached and removed from office.
No way should the folks in Harrisburg or Washington be sounding like our mother.
End rant! ;-)
We need to be sending letters to DC and Harrisburg to follow up our gripes. After all, every 2-4 years they want our vote. And they developed the bureaucracy that makes laws that we have to live by.
Just think, nobody elected the FDA, FTC or Surgeon General yet they can tell us what to eat.
Hope you got out today Suezanne, It was so nice to be out on the bicycle and in the convertible.
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100% on this Que.

I actually took a bike ride yesterday, raked leaves today. Yes it's gorgeous out this past week.
my_voice

Reading, PA

#32 Jul 20, 2013
------!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!---

next tax increase next week of .85 cents per carton. save up.....

next tax increase will be the following month, and the following month after that, and that, and that, and that, and that, and that, till eternity !!!!!!!
my_voice

Reading, PA

#33 Jul 20, 2013
But, at least I can still smoke on my porch without the

smoke police getting me !!!!!!! Ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News District $2-Million Short In Budget (May '10) Sun KnowyJoey 40
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May 20 Mari 169
reading pa - outrageous tax May 11 Outrageous 2
News Firm president admits to bribing Allentown, Rea... May 10 silly rabbit 1
News The Latest: Sanders reminds PA voters of Clinto... Apr '16 Vote for Bernie 2
News Boy's dream of hanging out with high school tea... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Top 5 Concerts of the Coming Week Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Reading Mortgages