Gerald to spend life behind bars

Gerald to spend life behind bars

There are 44 comments on the Portsmouth Daily Times story from Oct 11, 2012, titled Gerald to spend life behind bars. In it, Portsmouth Daily Times reports that:

David Gerald, on trial for the murder of Felipe Lopez, was convicted Thursday after four hours of jury deliberation and sentenced to spend the remainder of his life in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portsmouth Daily Times.

hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Nov 1, 2012
It's f*ckn SCIOTO COUNTY how would it have been any different. THEY lost the evidence, yet they'll still get the convictions they want. THAT's why WE left!!!!!!!
Just sayin

Marion, OH

#22 Nov 4, 2012
No excise to hatchet someone in the head... And he didnt threaten them right then, it was earlier... They walked away and planned it them lured him into the country so they could kill him... Thats not self defense... As far the lost evidence... Dont need it whenyou have confessions, witnesses and a body... Duh!
suokniL

Marion, OH

#23 Nov 4, 2012
Just sayin...WERE YOU THERE? No so SHUT UP. Duh.
Notsure

Canton, OH

#24 Nov 10, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
they planned to kill the man, I don't feel sorry for them at all.... Dave is no victim here, an wasn't saving anyone, he is a violent psycho woman beater. Don't dare feel sorry for him... They planned it, all three took a swing with a weapon so that none of them could turn states evidence on each other, and they took him out in the country to kill him, that's why they had a can of gas, two knives, and a hatchet.... He did threaten the families, but rational people go to the family and protect them, not savagely murder a man in cold blood premeditated no less! Shut the fuck up about feeling sorry for him, or that he is any kind of victim! He is thief, a liar, a needle junkie, a woman beater, and even pimped a couple of girl friends out for drug money!!!!! His wife left him before this ever happened and his children were not surprised that he did it, nor do they care he will never get out of prison!!!!!!!!!
I really don't know much about this case, or any of the parties involved...but I would like to make a comment on this post...you typed they had it planned to kill him "that's why they had gas, 2 knives, and a hatchet"....this is scioto county, a lot of people have gas, hatchet, knives, tools, fishing rods, etc, etc , in their trucks....if you are "planning to kill someone" you would bring a gun
Dawn

Marion, OH

#25 Nov 10, 2012
Notsure wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know much about this case, or any of the parties involved...but I would like to make a comment on this post...you typed they had it planned to kill him "that's why they had gas, 2 knives, and a hatchet"....this is scioto county, a lot of people have gas, hatchet, knives, tools, fishing rods, etc, etc , in their trucks....if you are "planning to kill someone" you would bring a gun
Sure, sure. I always carry a hatchet and gasoline around in my car.
just shut up

Marion, OH

#26 Nov 10, 2012
Notsure wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know much about this case, or any of the parties involved...but I would like to make a comment on this post...you typed they had it planned to kill him "that's why they had gas, 2 knives, and a hatchet"....this is scioto county, a lot of people have gas, hatchet, knives, tools, fishing rods, etc, etc , in their trucks....if you are "planning to kill someone" you would bring a gun
. Um.. I have never in my life carried all that in my car!!!
Notsure

Mount Vernon, OH

#27 Nov 10, 2012
just shut up wrote:
<quoted text>. Um.. I have never in my life carried all that in my car!!!
I do...I also have a chain saw, a lifting hook, a sickle, a log splitter, a chipper....all in my truck....I work cutting trees, as a lot of men in this area do...I'm not trying to start a fight, all I said was that these are common tools for this area...if they planned a murder, they probably wouldn't have choose those items...a gun usually is the premeditated weapon of choice........what u guys are saying is these men got together and said ok we need a gas can, a hatchet, a couple knives...and we will get this guy....does that really make sense, even to the craziest person? They would've brought a gun if they planned it.....I'd say what happened is they went out, to buy or get drugs, things didn't go right, things got heated, and out of control, and they used what they had....it doesn't matter, they still murdered the guy, they got what they deserved...I'm just saying, those items would be the last items 3 guys would pick out to plan a murder...heck by your theory they should've thrown in the chain saw for the more dramatical effect.
lol

Marion, OH

#28 Nov 10, 2012
Way i see it thats one less mexican scum ,non working drug dealer dead and gone,good job guys
Come On

Galion, OH

#29 Nov 11, 2012
lol wrote:
Way i see it thats one less mexican scum ,non working drug dealer dead and gone,good job guys
And I 'd say three more useless drug addicts are off the streets too.
hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#30 Nov 11, 2012
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
And I 'd say three more useless drug addicts are off the streets too.
2 of the 3 were useless....
just shut up

Marion, OH

#31 Nov 13, 2012
Notsure wrote:
<quoted text>I do...I also have a chain saw, a lifting hook, a sickle, a log splitter, a chipper....all in my truck....I work cutting trees, as a lot of men in this area do...I'm not trying to start a fight, all I said was that these are common tools for this area...if they planned a murder, they probably wouldn't have choose those items...a gun usually is the premeditated weapon of choice........what u guys are saying is these men got together and said ok we need a gas can, a hatchet, a couple knives...and we will get this guy....does that really make sense, even to the craziest person? They would've brought a gun if they planned it.....I'd say what happened is they went out, to buy or get drugs, things didn't go right, things got heated, and out of control, and they used what they had....it doesn't matter, they still murdered the guy, they got what they deserved...I'm just saying, those items would be the last items 3 guys would pick out to plan a murder...heck by your theory they should've thrown in the chain saw for the more dramatical effect.
um... None of them cut trees, and none of that stuff is carried by anyone who doesnt!!! And by the way... It came out in trial... Yes they planned it... No gun because none of them HAD a gun... The guy threatened two, the third lured him out.... Plain and simple... They were useless drug addicts, he was a dealer who threatened the wrong ppl... Glad they are all gone!!!! It was all over $6000 worth of cocaine... I know the mother of one of his kids... He told her all of it...
just sayin

Marion, OH

#32 Nov 13, 2012
suokniL wrote:
Just sayin...WERE YOU THERE? No so SHUT UP. Duh.
no but i know his family, and i know what he told them!!!
PTL

United States

#33 Nov 13, 2012
just shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
um... None of them cut trees, and none of that stuff is carried by anyone who doesnt!!! And by the way... It came out in trial... Yes they planned it... No gun because none of them HAD a gun... The guy threatened two, the third lured him out.... Plain and simple... They were useless drug addicts, he was a dealer who threatened the wrong ppl... Glad they are all gone!!!! It was all over $6000 worth of cocaine... I know the mother of one of his kids... He told her all of it...
Maybe you didn't come to any of the trials! As a matter of fact, I'm positive you didn't! There was never any proof of a planning. And you should have been in court today. Then you would know the facts. One of them did have a gun and gave it to Felipe the day of the murder. That would be the one on trial today. So if they planned it, why would they give him the shot gun. You don't know the facts and you certainly do not know what ha happened at the trials or what has been proven. You don't know how at each trial, testimonies change! Today the opening statement was almost correct from prosecution, minus the planning part. If someone pulls a 9mm on you, see how you react!
hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#34 Nov 13, 2012
PTL wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you didn't come to any of the trials! As a matter of fact, I'm positive you didn't! There was never any proof of a planning. And you should have been in court today. Then you would know the facts. One of them did have a gun and gave it to Felipe the day of the murder. That would be the one on trial today. So if they planned it, why would they give him the shot gun. You don't know the facts and you certainly do not know what ha happened at the trials or what has been proven. You don't know how at each trial, testimonies change! Today the opening statement was almost correct from prosecution, minus the planning part. If someone pulls a 9mm on you, see how you react!
I too would get the SOB! Why did Thomas give a shot gun to Felipe? What else happened today?
hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#35 Nov 13, 2012
just shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
um... None of them cut trees, and none of that stuff is carried by anyone who doesnt!!! And by the way... It came out in trial... Yes they planned it... No gun because none of them HAD a gun... The guy threatened two, the third lured him out.... Plain and simple... They were useless drug addicts, he was a dealer who threatened the wrong ppl... Glad they are all gone!!!! It was all over $6000 worth of cocaine... I know the mother of one of his kids... He told her all of it...
It wasn't planned! Felipe brought it upon himself n karma bit him in the *ss!
PTL

United States

#36 Nov 13, 2012
Thomas has the best lawyer and hopefully the truth can come out. Thomas would never plan such a thing. And Mr. linkous could not keep a secret like that if someone paid him a million dollars. He gave the shot gun to Felipe for debt. So if they planned a murder... Well duh don't give ur gun to him! No planning. 3 men that were threatened, had a gun pulled on them, reacted, panicked! Then separate trials where the theories from prosecution change and testimonies change to make who ever is on trial look bad. They even said today that Mr. linkous did nothing but start the fire.. Which is very true, but did they say that at his trial??? Hell no! And they will be proving that he was dead before the fire. Thomas certainly acted in self defense. As they all did.
PTL

United States

#37 Nov 13, 2012
Tomorrow defense will have people there to testify as to the type of person this man was.. He threatened many, pulled guns on many before, and threatened other people's families as well. Truth be told! I'm not saying he deserved to die, but when u pull a gun on people on several occasions, someone is bound to react at some point.
hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#38 Nov 13, 2012
Thanks PTL! Thomas is such a wonderfl man! Never seen it coming. Debt is what we figured. I wish him the best n hope he doesn't get as long as the other's. I believe Felipe was dead BEFORE the fire, I mean REALLY? An I agree, if u think ur man enough to pull a gun, make sure it's to the right person. Cause it'll not happen again, Felipe.
brian

United States

#39 Dec 5, 2012
The defenses witnesses were threatened by the prosecutor that they would be incriminating themselves and 3 witnesses backed out. Including the one Felipe pulled a gun on on numerous occasions. They weren't even allowed to say the words"self defense" as ordered by the judge. B.S. Scioto county. Thomas's story never changed. He told the truth from day one. And he told me about the threats 2 Weeks prior. When u threaten a man's life and his family's life, and then pull a gun on them, you deserve whatever u get.
ex wife

Marion, OH

#41 Dec 5, 2012
Crazy wrote:
Really Carrie? nothing better to do then talk crap in a public forum, I am so sure you dont want me to start posting stuff about you on here huh? I know everything and if you post again on this subject I will tell; all of the things you have done and do, hint hint..........
as far as you go... What weed??? So what??? Its not like i sell or grow the stuff!!! I'll even take a drug test for ya! Stop by work anytime and i'll be happy to take one for ya!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Tubb (Aug '11) 8 min JPl 5
Notre Dame Bd Member (Jan '11) 1 hr Truth 16
Brett pertuset? (Apr '10) 2 hr Jess 8
Cheyenne Pertuset???? 2 hr 0311osu 1
Westportsmouth Super Quick 2 hr Jess 10
Northwest School Board (Sep '15) 2 hr 0311osu 98
Kellie Stakes/harper fering/wanda Kipp (Sep '15) 9 hr Fayetta 27

West Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Portsmouth Mortgages