bad omen

Quinton, VA

#3121 Feb 18, 2013
Man unloading liquid oxygen had a slight mishap Saturday morning. Something ignited an explosion that blew off at least 2 fingers and caused severe lacerations that required over 70 stiches to close. Blew out windows in an adjacent office. Could be heard over 3 miles away. Out of intensive care.
On a lighter note, planner who screwed up last week must have screwed up again. He went on and quit this weekend before he could be fired.
Thats two, who'll be next?
companyman

Quinton, VA

#3122 Feb 18, 2013
Is that boiler on gas yet?
Abdul A Longatta

Colonial Heights, VA

#3123 Feb 19, 2013
haha...is that front door a revolving door? Because, if it ain't, then they should install one! When oh when is the Devil gonna get on his broome and fly away??? I can't see this outage going anything but crystal smoothly!
light of day

Quinton, VA

#3124 Feb 19, 2013
Not soon enough.
tobacco is king

Quinton, VA

#3125 Feb 25, 2013
Can't believe no one has brought up the tobacco free mill policy coming up, what July 1, 2013. There's going to be some real miserable people around here. Some said they would quit first. What's the company getting out of this? Insurance breaks, less breaks surely they don't care about our good health. I wonder how it fairs at other mills? Are we the only one or is this a RockTenn mandate? Be interesting to know.
They Ownit

Weems, VA

#3126 Feb 25, 2013
tobacco is king wrote:
Can't believe no one has brought up the tobacco free mill policy coming up, what July 1, 2013. There's going to be some real miserable people around here. Some said they would quit first. What's the company getting out of this? Insurance breaks, less breaks surely they don't care about our good health. I wonder how it fairs at other mills? Are we the only one or is this a RockTenn mandate? Be interesting to know.
Its their right to decide..they own the property. OR maybe they got tired of having to walk through Cigrette smoke to enter an area. Or they got tired of seeing spit cups everywhere

You ever think they are makng life uncomfortable for the ppl they want to get rid of. They cant fire you for eing a smoker... but they sure can if you break a mill saftey rule.
companyman

Quinton, VA

#3127 Feb 26, 2013
Whats the rumors on the Electrical instrument Supervisor that is suddenly absent going into the outage. Another leader that can't take the pressure or doesn't want to work the long hours of the outage?
Wake-up RockTenn
retired

Quinton, VA

#3128 Mar 5, 2013
Hows the annual fiasco going?
I want out

Gloucester, VA

#3129 Mar 6, 2013
How to you get out of this union that gets close to 500% raise in dues while employees get a 2 % raise in wages per year that gets sucked up by insurance premiums, not to forget loss of premium time pay. Increased deductibles, with less coverage or none. With the rates the union is charging I am sure we could come together and hire a damn fine lawyer, instead of paying these ridiculous dues FOR NOTHING but talk! Please tell me how to get out!
I agree

Aylett, VA

#3130 Mar 6, 2013
Actually on a normal week without ot it's about an 83% increase to be fair. For the USW it was all about how much money they could get! They dont care about how we're treated as employees they just want money there primary focus was on the 2% raise across the board for all employees and increased union dues NOTHING else! This is the only thing that benefited them we lost everything else for a reason They don't care that every other benefit we had decreased right down to using our vacation to go to the doctor and the company allowing us to go to the doctor but marking us unexcused! Yea the USW really gives a damn about us! Keep throwing your money in the trash.
BenGone

Silver Spring, MD

#3131 Mar 8, 2013
"Yall do whatever you want I'll get paid either way"... LoL not with my money.
USW467aJOKE

Saint Louis, MO

#3132 Mar 14, 2013
Ship yard got ...
Members of United Steelworkers Local No. 8888 voted 1,904 to 104 for the contract, which raises wages 14.2 percent over the course of its 4 year and 4 month term, while reducing health insurance premiums by 15.2 percent.

WE got IMPLIMENTED ...
THANKS FOR PATERNbegging!
little green man

Quinton, VA

#3133 Mar 18, 2013
A new employee was released today for enjoying St. Patty's Day to much.
Cannot Wait

Newburg, MD

#3134 Mar 19, 2013
Just wait until they install the blow tubes on the time clocks to catch the drunks coming in hungover. Card wont work if any alcohol is detected. Zero tolerance. No warnings, no 2 year letter, just immediate termination. First the smokers then the functioning alcoholics. Inebriated button pushers are dangerous. Get rid of them. Can't Wait!!!
Easter Bunny

Richmond, VA

#3135 Mar 20, 2013
None of this stuff matters. The writing is on the wall. This mill will not be in existence in five years or less. Broome and Devlin have run it into the ground and it will be beyond repair very soon.
companyman

Quinton, VA

#3136 Mar 22, 2013
amen
wonderer

Quinton, VA

#3137 Mar 26, 2013
Damn, Devlin treats his supervisors like his employees. Go home and don't come back until we call you.
companyman

Quinton, VA

#3138 Mar 30, 2013
Have they let Ivey come back to work or are Broom/Devlin making an example of him.
youknow

Norfolk, VA

#3139 Mar 31, 2013
companyman wrote:
Have they let Ivey come back to work or are Broom/Devlin making an example of him.
Any boss with a Chesapeake pedigree is in danger.
Who Cares

Falls Church, VA

#3140 Mar 31, 2013
RockTenn wants new blood supervisors, not old regime yes men. They are the last of the Mohicans. Three quarters of them aren't management material anyway. Too bad for them they quit punching the clock. They will be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer Vance Richards (unethical human being) (Oct '11) Dec '15 U R A DISCRASE 17
Terri Osborne (Jul '15) Jul '15 mrwrite2u 1
Chance Mooney ..Father Lee Mooney ? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Forreal 4
Lee Mooney son Chase Mooney admitted to brutal ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Really 2
Rocktenn employee (Aug '14) Aug '14 Hodge folk 1
Marie (Dec '09) Mar '14 Marie 2
Do I really have to disclose everything for a l... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Bahumanya 1

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages