Shift Wrkr

Saluda, VA

#263 Feb 18, 2011
Here is MOORE lowdown on MOORE MONEY!!!!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/434475...
Day Worker

Quinton, VA

#264 Feb 18, 2011
If anyone gets assigned to "train" one of the "fill ins" just tell the "fill in" you are too busy to train them but they are more than welcome to observe. Secondly, DO NOT BUDDY UP! No matter how nice they are. DO be polite and as someone stated earlier, keep a good attitude and be positive! Don't let the company's tactics succeed.

Don't forget the local media (WWBT 12 News) will be covering this more than likely. Wouldn't want to tip them off about black liquor leaking into the river or about numerous other violations. But.....you never know what might slip out. Just saying.
pizzed

Clover, SC

#265 Feb 19, 2011
Understand there are/willbe guards at wells..........wonder if they will have porta potties like we have asked for? Also wonder if they will notice the plugged popoff safety valves with pipe plugs in them so they cannot relieve untill pipe explodes ...LOL
If they think we will leave with everything running and their yes boys trained ¿?¿????
may may

Norfolk, VA

#266 Feb 19, 2011
Looking forward to the strike. Now--- What is the name of the company that comes in when things are not safe ?????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-- Cannot wait !!!!!
may may

Norfolk, VA

#267 Feb 19, 2011
OSHA ????Oh boy !!!!!
may may

Norfolk, VA

#268 Feb 19, 2011
Oh boy--- oh boy-- oh boy !!!!!!!!!!
may may

Norfolk, VA

#269 Feb 19, 2011
So sorry Smurfit Stone--- But you knew better !!!
pizzed

Clover, SC

#270 Feb 19, 2011
may may wrote:
So sorry Smurfit Stone--- But you knew better !!!
THEY think a grinding wheel is a big deal????Waste control HA HA wow don't get me started....
Ladders??? HANDRAILS????Chemical drips/leaks????
We have avoided getting hurt for so long we foreget THEY are breaking laws! That's right smells like money.... money stops complaints begain.... just the way it works!!!
Good luck do not let them smell any fear!
If we stay 99+% united we will win...WE are the money makers
Always have been always will be....
pizzed

Clover, SC

#271 Feb 19, 2011
EPA , OSHA, VOSA, DEQ, NFPA, did I miss anyone?
When I get on a real computer I will post links and phone numbers just in case you feel THREATENED and need to talk to someone....

Stand tall and together!
pizzed

Clover, SC

#272 Feb 19, 2011
Shift Wrkr wrote:
Thanks Mike, This shit pisses me the WTF OFF. Now Steve Klinger will get some 20 MILLION. All of Smurfit Stone and Rock Tenn need to go on STRIKE!!!! ALL AT ONCE, all we have is something to gain from here on out. All I know is I will be SUPER SAFE at work for now on. I don't give a RATS ASS about production anymore. I hope the Town of West Point know the DANGER that their town is in when we go on STRIKE and these fools try to run the mill.
They have money, lots and lots of it and thats all someones life is worth to them. Your children may die, your spouse or other ones you love may die and they will pay out some big bucks for their lives and say SORRY!!! If only we had known. This corporation is full of BULL SHIT.
The Mayor had better get a emergency plan in place. I only say this because I know the dangers that are present here in this mill. All I can say is you have to know what the hell you are doing or else.
Governor McDonnell better be ready to answer some tough questions. Oh I forgot he is Republican and is probably getting a Kick Back out of this. He is not for the working class, just the Greedy Corporations. Money Money Money., M O N E Y.
The training here is BS. People have been injured because of this. Oh but they don’t want anyone to know this because safety is priority. It is a miracle someone has not been killed. We have all been working 12 plus hours keeping the mill running, we are short handed and the Company does not care. All they care about is how much money they can stuff in their bank accounts. GREEDY…GREEDY….GREEDY!!!! We work a rotating swing shift which is stressful enough. There is no direction on where we are or where we are headed. We just set a production record the other week, we got pizzas from our steering team That was nice. But it does not justify corporate greed in taking everything from us. Once we were a proud group of CHESAPEAKE CORP. workers, both hourly and salary, we worked together solving problems, being safe and both sides were a TEAM!!. Now we are treated like a bunch of CHUMPS!! Well the chumps are getting pissed.
I hope the Republicans and Democrats can be MEN and WOMEN and not little boys and girls and pressure these greedy corporations to STOP RAPING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
As TRUMAN SAID “THE BUCK STOPS HERE”
topper
pizzed

United States

#273 Feb 20, 2011
If they can pay for scare tatics they can pay to get WP Mill up to standards! Wait till replacements try to run with genaric sop's and jsa's what a joke those two programs are...
WP Worker

Mechanicsville, VA

#274 Feb 20, 2011
The company is just following the typical playbook for strike prep. Lower level management are being instructed to gather info on possible problem areas if things go sour. We just need to stay cool.
localman

Quinton, VA

#275 Feb 20, 2011
In the next 3 weeks or so, we have one day machine outages on each of the machines. You would think the company would be affraid the machines might not start back up.
Hombre

Mechanicsville, VA

#276 Feb 20, 2011
Most of the last outages on the machines have doubled in their length for starting up. Expect this to only get worse,...oh darn, there goes production levels....Train the imposters with mis-information....whoops!. Smurfit has got exactly what they deserve coming to them. Interesting note: Noticed one of the "Well Guards" has Maryland plates....kinda weird.
Fiber23

Quinton, VA

#277 Feb 20, 2011
I debated on if it came down to this if I would walk or not. Well I made my mind up give me my walking shoes!!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#278 Feb 20, 2011
Hombre wrote:
Most of the last outages on the machines have doubled in their length for starting up. Expect this to only get worse,...oh darn, there goes production levels....Train the imposters with mis-information....whoops!. Smurfit has got exactly what they deserve coming to them. Interesting note: Noticed one of the "Well Guards" has Maryland plates....kinda weird.
Management can train the scabs all they wish, they will screw it up. Hell, they already think they can run it by the ignorant things they tell us to do. If they are worried about sabotage, the management better look at themselves as this is all they have been doing to our mill for many years.
pizzed

United States

#279 Feb 20, 2011
WP Worker wrote:
The company is just following the typical playbook for strike prep. Lower level management are being instructed to gather info on possible problem areas if things go sour. We just need to stay cool.
PI Must die.....wink wink
pizzed

United States

#280 Feb 20, 2011
Fiber23 wrote:
I debated on if it came down to this if I would walk or not. Well I made my mind up give me my walking shoes!!!
Bet they are more comfortable than them damn steel toes....
Cause they can

United States

#281 Feb 20, 2011
Had a pretty heated debate with a scorned axed salary worker. She said we should be grateful we have jobs and except what the company wants to give us. I politely ( & that was very hard) informed her that the pension and retiree medical that she has enjoyed because her husband fought for it in past negotiations and has drawn for more than a decade, is the MAIN REASON I will NOT eat the crap this company wants to feed us. We have worked too damn hard to keep the benefits we deserve. We have kept the Corp afloat & what kinda answer do we get from the company. Its not that we can't pay you, it's that we don't want to. Well of course, they must pay Moore & Klinger for all their HARD DEDICATED WORK. And why do they want to screw us? Cause they can. Well I am not allowing those greedy _______ to do us that way. I HAVE GOOD WAKIN SHOES & I INTENT TO WEAR EM OUT.
jojo

Scottsboro, AL

#282 Feb 20, 2011
do it. It want matter. You guys will lose. Question is how much you wanna lose. See you tomorow/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer Vance Richards (unethical human being) (Oct '11) Dec '15 U R A DISCRASE 17
Terri Osborne (Jul '15) Jul '15 mrwrite2u 1
Chance Mooney ..Father Lee Mooney ? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Forreal 4
Lee Mooney son Chase Mooney admitted to brutal ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Really 2
Rocktenn employee (Aug '14) Aug '14 Hodge folk 1
Marie (Dec '09) Mar '14 Marie 2
Do I really have to disclose everything for a l... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Bahumanya 1

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages