WP TEAM LEADER

Urbanna, VA

#223 Feb 6, 2011
Sounds good to me company man. If u had any idea of the planning and work that goes into that week, along with the always unpredictable start ups, it is wonderful news indeed that maybe u will be out from under someone's desk and actually earning your paycheck for a change. Remember, u went salary for a reason. U dont like having to get dirty or really work for a living just sucking off your boss man and kissing his ass to keep your man pleased so u can retain your non essential job. Put that college degree in lunch bucket cause shift work dont require one. Better get used to the steel toe boots, 16 hr. days and shift work since it could take a awhile to get things back up and running again if we are forced to walk out.
Just kidding about getting running again, it wont be in any shape too once it gets shut down. I know my own area wont be. Oh I meant to say the equipment is such poor condition and needs so much TLC not that anyone would purposely do anything to harm operations if it gets nasty on our way out the gate. Alot to contemplate for the company. If they stick us we will do the same in a far worse way then thats when your long hours start not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground out in the mill taking orders from someone who knows less than u trying to get running again. Could be quite dangerous, I hope your SOP'S are up to date. Excellent news though for those that have adequately planned ahead and despise working the outage week.
Mark my words, if that contract is implemented, WP wont run anywhere close to how it usually does. One last thought for ya company man. Since u anticipate putting in some longer hours, do u live right in town or have a ways to drive? Was thinking that I may have some extra time on my hands to swing by your place and keep your squeeeeze satisfied in case u are too tired and not up to the task. She may like us walking out, may give her something she aint had in awhile. Work safe with all of this on your mind. U may be salary but they care as little about u as they do us. Just a pawn like me difference is u dont know my job.
companyman

West Point, VA

#224 Feb 8, 2011
Another mouth heard from. How many pay checks can you do without. You'll get your chance in another week or so.
WP TEAM LEADER wrote:
Sounds good to me company man. If u had any idea of the planning and work that goes into that week, along with the always unpredictable start ups, it is wonderful news indeed that maybe u will be out from under someone's desk and actually earning your paycheck for a change. Remember, u went salary for a reason. U dont like having to get dirty or really work for a living just sucking off your boss man and kissing his ass to keep your man pleased so u can retain your non essential job. Put that college degree in lunch bucket cause shift work dont require one. Better get used to the steel toe boots, 16 hr. days and shift work since it could take a awhile to get things back up and running again if we are forced to walk out.
Just kidding about getting running again, it wont be in any shape too once it gets shut down. I know my own area wont be. Oh I meant to say the equipment is such poor condition and needs so much TLC not that anyone would purposely do anything to harm operations if it gets nasty on our way out the gate. Alot to contemplate for the company. If they stick us we will do the same in a far worse way then thats when your long hours start not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground out in the mill taking orders from someone who knows less than u trying to get running again. Could be quite dangerous, I hope your SOP'S are up to date. Excellent news though for those that have adequately planned ahead and despise working the outage week.
Mark my words, if that contract is implemented, WP wont run anywhere close to how it usually does. One last thought for ya company man. Since u anticipate putting in some longer hours, do u live right in town or have a ways to drive? Was thinking that I may have some extra time on my hands to swing by your place and keep your squeeeeze satisfied in case u are too tired and not up to the task. She may like us walking out, may give her something she aint had in awhile. Work safe with all of this on your mind. U may be salary but they care as little about u as they do us. Just a pawn like me difference is u dont know my job.
FandCMphucksgoat s

King George, VA

#225 Feb 8, 2011
companyman wrote:
Another mouth heard from. How many pay checks can you do without. You'll get your chance in another week or so.
<quoted text>
Franklin playing company man or what ever . This person has no intrest in this other than TRYING to plant doubt, He has no life he wants us to lose because he has lost it all,,,,BTW 7th has passed and life goes on ,,,Care to make another doom and gloom date prdiction? Another week or so will just be 2 more weeks your broke a$$ has beeen unempoyed .. G ood thing. Mill people are good people you can go to the free food pantry and get you some food from the many times we filled the trailer for you less fortunate folks enjoy ,our union wages made it possable..........IF you think you can influence us you are so wrong!!!!!
WP TEAM LEADER

La Plata, MD

#226 Feb 8, 2011
Face the facts company boy. If the guys out in the mill don't keep the machines up and running productively none of us will have a job. Whatever u do here yourself is not an essential element to whether the machines run or not. U know u don't want to come out of the office anyway since u would be lost in a man's world. Keep talking big about the next few weeks, cancelling the outage and so on. I have been on 12 hours for so long that I could stand an extended break as would many of my co workers and would not miss getting a check. The majority of us don't live week to week like u all may think. No blue collar mill labor that can run operate the mill means there is no need for u to be here. Maybe your talents could be used elsewhere like at VDOT or VMRC. I see them doing a lot of standing around with their finger up their butt. Look into it, u may be missing your calling in life. Gotta go, just had a sheetbreak. Not like u would be any help getting it back on the machine besides standing around passing out water bottles.
FandCMphucksgoat s

United States

#227 Feb 8, 2011
WP TEAM LEADER wrote:
Face the facts company boy. If the guys out in the mill don't keep the machines up and running productively none of us will have a job. Whatever u do here yourself is not an essential element to whether the machines run or not. U know u don't want to come out of the office anyway since u would be lost in a man's world. Keep talking big about the next few weeks, cancelling the outage and so on. I have been on 12 hours for so long that I could stand an extended break as would many of my co workers and would not miss getting a check. The majority of us don't live week to week like u all may think. No blue collar mill labor that can run operate the mill means there is no need for u to be here. Maybe your talents could be used elsewhere like at VDOT or VMRC. I see them doing a lot of standing around with their finger up their butt. Look into it, u may be missing your calling in life. Gotta go, just had a sheetbreak. Not like u would be any help getting it back on the machine besides standing around passing out water bottles.
Team leeader,when middle and lower management calculate their ot DOWN to a couple of bucks an hour we may get some new members! Remember WE make the product THEY think they do let's see who is right. No one will let the goose that lays the biggest golden eggs yes most eggs of all.....go hungery!

Almost foregot disclaimer IMO ...some a$$hole may want to sue damn shame freedom of speach is debated
companyman

West Point, VA

#228 Feb 8, 2011
I could try to convince you I'm only a companyman in sign on name only but you've already made up your minds. Are you getting nervous? I've only stated facts. The process of going on strike is a long process. I won't cross the picket line, but how about you and your buddies? The only way to beat this thing is stick together. You better be ready to back up all your big talk. Oh, you must not be working to hard if you have time to respond to this board while you are at work.
Again

Williamsburg, VA

#229 Feb 9, 2011
WP TEAM LEADER wrote:
Then you are making way to much to appreciate the job you have if you can go missing your check. This economy has been rough on many families, and you are probably and old timer just sitting around waiting to retire. There are a lot of families involved with this company that can not afford to miss a check. Wives not working, from layoffs, and they appreciate the check and the work. We also look forward to the changes brought in with Rock Tenn. We are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Mike

La Tuque, Canada

#230 Feb 9, 2011
What Im starting to read on this forum sounds familiar. Outsiders making comments and of course, playing the rough or bad economy card. Weve been through that up here.

By outsiders, I mean people who have never work in a paper mill and probably dont even know what the West Point mill produces. Going back to the economy issue, yes, it has seen better days. Why do you think Smurfit-Stone went under Chapter 11 ? The timing was just right for a company that owed millions if not billions, in pension funds in their US and Canadian facilities. Whos fault was it ? Certainly not the workers. You see, they hire people like big shot accountants just for this exercise. They filed for bankruptcy protection in the state of Delaware and they also awarded themselves 50 some million in bonuses while under Chapter 11 with the blessing from a judge, you guessed it, from Delaware. Why Delaware ? Look it up.

So to all of you future collaborators on this forum, dont give me your bad economy crap unless, the West Point mill starts producing newsprint instead of White Top Linerboard.
Again

Williamsburg, VA

#231 Feb 9, 2011
Mike wrote:
What Im starting to read on this forum sounds familiar. Outsiders making comments and of course, playing the rough or bad economy card. Weve been through that up here.
By outsiders, I mean people who have never work in a paper mill and probably dont even know what the West Point mill produces. Going back to the economy issue, yes, it has seen better days. Why do you think Smurfit-Stone went under Chapter 11 ? The timing was just right for a company that owed millions if not billions, in pension funds in their US and Canadian facilities. Whos fault was it ? Certainly not the workers. You see, they hire people like big shot accountants just for this exercise. They filed for bankruptcy protection in the state of Delaware and they also awarded themselves 50 some million in bonuses while under Chapter 11 with the blessing from a judge, you guessed it, from Delaware. Why Delaware ? Look it up.
So to all of you future collaborators on this forum, dont give me your bad economy crap unless, the West Point mill starts producing newsprint instead of White Top Linerboard.
Hope Rock Tenn, comes in and cleans house.
Mike

La Tuque, Canada

#232 Feb 9, 2011
Rock Tenn will have to take on this first :

"SSCC 's pension liabilities amounted to $1.8 billion at the end of 2010. "

They might do a little cleaning after that you're right. They'll sweep out the pinheads responsible for this mess.
WP and PROUD

Alton, IL

#233 Feb 10, 2011
playing the rough or bad economy card!!!!!!!!!!
WE want nothing in addition. WE want to keep what we have!! The price of our product has not fallen 1 cent ...WE understand MORE is not possable !!
Our mills pention was over funded at 1 time till corp greed viewed it as their ATM!!!!!!!!!!
RockTennman

West Point, VA

#234 Feb 11, 2011
Don't think things will change much when RockTenn comes in. They'er out to make money too. With the considerable investment they're making surely they will shut down some less cost efficient mills. The small mills and machines will be the first to go. USW won't help you much either, RockTenn really doesn't like unions.
Again

Williamsburg, VA

#235 Feb 11, 2011
RockTennman wrote:
Don't think things will change much when RockTenn comes in. They'er out to make money too. With the considerable investment they're making surely they will shut down some less cost efficient mills. The small mills and machines will be the first to go. USW won't help you much either, RockTenn really doesn't like unions.
Thank you!! Glad to see that someone from there is watching this message board. So long Smurfit, and your Union too. Please don't let the other mouths on here intimidate you commenting further. Keep us in the loop.
Wp native

Fredericksburg, VA

#236 Feb 11, 2011
I am praying that everything works out for the people of the West Point mill and the good people of West Point. I was born and raised there and they are the nicest and warmest people in the world! I no longer live there but not a day goes by that I don't think about all the good times I had there and the life long friends I made growing up in the town! May God bless the good people of the "Chesapeake" mill, the town of West Point and surrounding counties!
Localman

West Point, VA

#237 Feb 12, 2011
Company threw another snag at us this week. Moved big outage until late May running through Memorial Day. Cancelled all holidays and vacations. If you had money invested, tough. All hands on deck is all our new manager could say. Jesus, the most ignorant statement I've heard. Reasoning being they weren't ready for this outage. They started planning for this outage in Oct. and Nov. last year. Originally it was scheduled for April. Then they got the great idea to move it to March. Now they aren't ready??? Give me a break. I'm sorry for the employees losing money and valuable time off. Just something else to screw with us while we are waiting for them to iempliment the contract.
WP worker

Mechanicsville, VA

#238 Feb 13, 2011
The company is trying to test our solidarity once again by making decisions to anger the workforce. This is just another reason for the total change of top level management in less than 5 months.
WP USW

Stafford, VA

#239 Feb 15, 2011
I sure am glad the company has not implemented the contract yet. How could they with the way the machines are running and breaking production records???? We all got pizza for our efforts. Nice gesture. Just think what we could accomplish here if we had a savvy management staff leading us who recognize that when you treat your people right, reward their efforts and give them some stability that it will far outweigh trying to cut their throats at every turn. Just leave us alone and extend our present contract which in turn will provide security for everyone OR implement and wait and see how it will blow up in their faces. Thinking and planning to run without the existing staff who know the equipment is one thing, doing it is another. I can see the headlines now,WP workers on strike after contract was implemented. Boilers down, machines down, zero production and top staff fired that kept pushing us into a corner with a ridiculous contract proposal. Keep messing with a good thing til you mess it up dumbass clowns.
companyman

Quinton, VA

#240 Feb 15, 2011
Latest and greatest from the Big House: The Company will impliment the new contract on Feb 31. Many things are falling into place to enable them to feel confident on this date. Update at 11
wp maintenance

United States

#241 Feb 15, 2011
I hope your dumbass is helping them run the mill! There's only twenty eight days in February!
WP Worker

Mechanicsville, VA

#242 Feb 15, 2011
Companyman is just confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Advise on Internet Provider Aug '17 dawnelaine96 1
Grotto Jul '17 Papi63 1
Officer Vance Richards (unethical human being) (Oct '11) Sep '16 Ben 18
Terri Osborne (Jul '15) Jul '15 mrwrite2u 1
Chance Mooney ..Father Lee Mooney ? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Forreal 4
Lee Mooney son Chase Mooney admitted to brutal ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Really 2
Rocktenn employee (Aug '14) Aug '14 Hodge folk 1

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance