Obama will send 30,000 more troops to...

Obama will send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan

There are 53 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Obama will send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Declaring "our security is at stake," President Barack Obama ordered an additional 30,000 U.S. troops into the long war in Afghanistan on Tuesday night, but balanced the buildup with a pledge to an impatient nation to begin withdrawing American forces in 18 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stephany McDowell

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#43 Dec 16, 2009
Ramafuchs wrote:
In a review of OBAMA's" Audacious Hope" Kelly H Meck has this concluding words
"If people in both parties don’t stay interested, informed, and positive – not panicked or jaded – about their government, a republican government becomes the tool of moneyed, special interests and fear mongers. Obama symbolizes hope for a different kind of politics – one that would serve the republic well.
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~thepress/read.php...
The problem is that hope is not audacious at all. Audacious would be doing something now, audacious would be taking a personal political risk because the country needs it, audacious would be saying something unconventional because the conventional is killing us. Audacity is not turning one's back on present needs and praying that the future will straighten it all out. One of the best kept secrets in America today is the extent to which hope and faith are being used as seedy substitutes for action and reason. Too often, hope is a form of postponement and faith a substitute for action or facing the truth.
The opposite of hope is not despair, but action.....Sam Smith.
So? When ya runn'n for President? HMMMM?
Justice For All

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Dec 16, 2009
Following the Bush Doctrine-
Elvis Aaron Presley

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Dec 16, 2009
Justice For All wrote:
Following the Bush Doctrine-
So he's following Bush's war policy (Ayers has even trashed Obama for it). Hasn't pulled out of Iraq. Done nothing for homosexual rights...most notably Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Maintained the Patriot Act. Won't release torture photos. Won't prosecute torture. There will not be a public option.

Left wing radical, for sure.
Justice For All

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Dec 16, 2009
Elvis Aaron Presley wrote:
<quoted text>
So he's following Bush's war policy (Ayers has even trashed Obama for it).
Hasn't pulled out of Iraq. Done

nothing for homosexual rights..

.most notably Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Maintained the Patriot Act. Won't release torture photos.

Won't prosecute torture. There will not be a public option.
Left wing radical, for sure.
welcome to Obama's world

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#47 Dec 16, 2009
Mcdowell
i have enough soup to serve the needy than be a betrayer of the voters.

USA after this guy can search another DREAM.
The AMERICAN DREAM i mean
Stephany McDowell

“Commentaries”

Location hidden

#48 Dec 16, 2009
Ramafuchs wrote:
Mcdowell
i have enough soup to serve the needy than be a betrayer of the voters.
USA after this guy can search another DREAM.
The AMERICAN DREAM i mean
OH well, I was gonna say, if you needed it, I am really good at rigging elections and falsifying campaigns, so you know you could win easy but since you're being such a honest and goodly Samaratin you wouldn't be the type to go for rigged votes and falsified campaigns anyway.

Cologne- Germany

#49 Dec 16, 2009
Stephany
I am a die hard political observer and not a hen-pecked impotent journlist who are embedded to divert the real poverty we all see around us.

Some are enjoying their life without any basic christian ethics like BUSH for example.
Obama's nationality and religion is more vital for these embedded journalists who had failed to expose the election manipulation in USA besides in iraq and Afganistan ..
Am i vommiting alanguage of your country?
if yes i feel extremely sorry and i beg your pardon.
have a life till death
Stephany McDowell

“Commentaries”

Location hidden

#50 Dec 16, 2009
Ramafuchs wrote:
Stephany
I am a die hard political observer and not a hen-pecked impotent journlist who are embedded to divert the real poverty we all see around us.
Some are enjoying their life without any basic christian ethics like BUSH for example.
Obama's nationality and religion is more vital for these embedded journalists who had failed to expose the election manipulation in USA besides in iraq and Afganistan ..
Am i vommiting alanguage of your country?
if yes i feel extremely sorry and i beg your pardon.
have a life till death
I was wondering. From your planet, or galaxy. Well you see, I am from Space 1 Galaxy 1 and from this planet Earth we have what is called JOKES. Have you ever heard of ONE? Or a "Sense of Humor?"

Cologne- Germany

#51 Dec 16, 2009
When ever i go out of my home i laught a lot and when I come back i see who nasty am i to tolerate this funny world..
I live in Köln where Carnival is more popular than any festival of feast.
Got my joke?
Thanks.
It is time for me to relax
Stephany McDowell

“Commentaries”

Location hidden

#52 Dec 16, 2009
Ramafuchs wrote:
When ever i go out of my home i laught a lot and when I come back i see who nasty am i to tolerate this funny world..
I live in Köln where Carnival is more popular than any festival of feast.
Got my joke?
Thanks.
It is time for me to relax
Think Xanax or Valium.
lowflyingdutch

Eads, TN

#53 Dec 16, 2009
$1,2 billion,$1,3 billion,$1,..what? ow sorry. didnt notice you there.

No, things are fine here at USA INC actually. Our boy is doing just what he's supposed to do, pretty much like the clowns before him that we owned as well..

euh. timeline. Yeah. That was a little clumsy, but our stocks haven't really suffered all that much and our buddies at the networks are ironing that one flat as we speak, so it looks like straight sailing for the next couple of years.

Yeah, I know! Aint it great?! these fools are still bickering amongst eachother over who the worst clown really is! Can you believe it? Nah. dont worry. we still have them believing its the patriotic thing to do to send your offspring off to be blown to bits. All we need to do is keep inventing the next threat and they'll just keep supplying the gunfodder. unbelievable uh?

Well, Got some more counting to do so tadah to you now..
Sam

Long Lake, MN

#54 Dec 16, 2009
A green job for all Americans: removing BHO bumper stickers!

Every time I see a "Green" car with a recently removed bumper sticker I just wonder?????

Cologne- Germany

#55 Dec 17, 2009
I don't mind the citizens of USA showi8ng their flags and projecting a new leader who had promised with flowery language to change the climate of the global political spectrum.
I do mind about those innocent US citizens who still DREAM a pious, congenial, human life which is evaporating like the snow in Himalaya..

War had more havoc to the environment than any other factor.

USA under Obama should try to practice what he had preached during his long election campaign.
Hope I have and the real change is not to be seen so far.
Sorry for my critical observations.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newburgh man admits to driving over gas station... Nov 19 Buginfested 1
News Hasidic Jews in upstate New York Nov 14 The Bible Student 4
News Putnam Valley music teacher accused of sexually... (Sep '07) Nov 10 Jim pv 10
News KJ's formation of new town up to Monroe voters Nov 9 Realist 4
News KJ wins court approval to tap Cornwall well Nov 9 Realist 4
News West Point launches inquiry into cadets' fists-... (May '16) May '16 Old Surfer Dude 1
News FVR inspires West Point's young Pinoy cadets (Jul '15) Aug '15 Brainiac of Beaco... 2

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages