Obama will send 30,000 more troops to...

Obama will send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan

There are 53 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Obama will send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Declaring "our security is at stake," President Barack Obama ordered an additional 30,000 U.S. troops into the long war in Afghanistan on Tuesday night, but balanced the buildup with a pledge to an impatient nation to begin withdrawing American forces in 18 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 1, 2009
what a girl !!
Insert Name Here

Saint Joseph, MN

#3 Dec 1, 2009
Why would he give our enemies the date of departure? I'm glad he's sending more troops. But I have to wonder if it isn't too few to really get it done. But giving the enemy a timetable is playing politics with our troops. He did it to appease the left. You NEVER tell your enemy your battle plans.
Cynical

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 1, 2009
More st00pid in NOT change; 30,000 troops are hopeless
Brodie from Shakopee

Shakopee, MN

#5 Dec 1, 2009
We need less military. We are running out of money. I am going to buy more gold as we are toast.
WhatEver

Tucson, AZ

#6 Dec 1, 2009
Insert Name Here wrote:
Why would he give our enemies the date of departure? I'm glad he's sending more troops. But I have to wonder if it isn't too few to really get it done. But giving the enemy a timetable is playing politics with our troops. He did it to appease the left. You NEVER tell your enemy your battle plans.
And, you believe in the date of departure? Great Speech!
yeah sure

Eugene, OR

#7 Dec 1, 2009
so he's not sending enough people, and he basically told the enemy to just wait and we'll be out of here in no time. This president is a real idiot. He is more about politics than doing the right thing. he may as well have just pulled everyone out. that would save American lives the next 2 years. There is no one dumber than a dflibtard.
NukeItFromOrbit

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Dec 1, 2009
All I hear is "This war isn't like Vietnam!". So then how, exactly, are we going to win it, huh?

All I can think of is 2 options: nuke it from orbit or turn Afghanistan into another state in the United States of America. Otherwise, yeah, it IS going to be like Vietnam. You think the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are going to just completely give up because we send 30,000 more people over to that hellhole? Yeah, right. They're religious nutjobs who'll fight to the death because their stupid little holy book tells them they'll get 72 virgins in "heaven".

There's only 2 options. Nuke it or take it over completely. Those are the only things we can do now. The Afghan army? Bunch of peasants with guns. They can't stop the Taliban and/or Al-Qaeda.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 1, 2009
America's role here is to prop up a corrupt regime that cannot stand on its own. We know that the minute we leave, the taliban will take over, so we are in an interminable occupation.

America's proper role is not to ensure that other countries have the governments that we pick for them, nor should we shed the blood of our children just for decades on end because our leaders are too cowardly to let the inevitable occur.
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 1, 2009
This is what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 1, 2009
NukeItFromOrbit wrote:
All I hear is "This war isn't like Vietnam!". So then how, exactly, are we going to win it, huh?
All I can think of is 2 options: nuke it from orbit or turn Afghanistan into another state in the United States of America. Otherwise, yeah, it IS going to be like Vietnam. You think the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are going to just completely give up because we send 30,000 more people over to that hellhole? Yeah, right. They're religious nutjobs who'll fight to the death because their stupid little holy book tells them they'll get 72 virgins in "heaven".
There's only 2 options. Nuke it or take it over completely. Those are the only things we can do now. The Afghan army? Bunch of peasants with guns. They can't stop the Taliban and/or Al-Qaeda.
THEY WILL COMPLETELY GIVE UP AS SOON DICTATOR HUSSAINE (MUSLIM ) "TALKS" WITH THEM, AND BOWS IN SUBMISSION TO BIN-LADEN !
Dont Re enlist

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 1, 2009
Prosecuting American 'War Crimes': The ICC claims jurisdiction over U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressed "great regret" in August that the U.S. is not a signatory to the International Criminal Court (ICC). This has fueled speculation that the Obama administration may reverse another Bush policy and sign up for what could lead to the trial of Americans for war crimes in The Hague.

The ICC's chief prosecutor, though, has no intention of waiting for Washington to submit to the court's authority. Luis Moreno Ocampo says he already has jurisdiction—at least with respect to Afghanistan.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274...

The US should never give any international body jurisdiction over anything that happens in the US, or anything done by US military personnel in foreign nations. This is just one more battle line between those who value US sovereignty and the America haters who want to weaken us.

Any word on his plans to prosecute the Taliban? How are those indictments going?

Still waiting for the ICC Mullah Omar indictment any day now...

JohnJ

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Dec 1, 2009
The pioneer press has this poll now on their front page which ask the question...

Do you think the Bush administration's failure to catch Bin Laden was an intentional act. I think not but...

One never heard a word out of the media of why Clinton and his administration let Bin Laden go free?
hdog

Elk River, MN

#14 Dec 1, 2009
NukeItFromOrbit wrote:
Allah's jacked it up to 72 now?
Rose

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 1, 2009
I feel sad. Change? Hope? America is going to go further into debt.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 1, 2009
JohnJ wrote:
The pioneer press has this poll now on their front page which ask the question...
Do you think the Bush administration's failure to catch Bin Laden was an intentional act. I think not but...
One never heard a word out of the media of why Clinton and his administration let Bin Laden go free?

It was a failure on clinton's part, but in fairness it was before 9/11.

I am put to mind of the irony that obama won the nobel peace prize as he increases US war activity. Those nobel prize folks really know how to pick them.
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Dec 1, 2009
JohnJ wrote:
If I remember correctly, lawyerly Bill said he didn't have anything to charge him with. Seriously.
Bob the Blunderbus

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Dec 1, 2009
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
This is what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.
Typical extremist nutjob. Complain, hate and fear, never anything constructive. What your solution blunderbus?
Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Dec 1, 2009
Wonderful!! I feel better now.
chilidog

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Dec 1, 2009
WhatEver wrote:
<quoted text>And, you believe in the date of departure? Great Speech!
Wise up America POLITICIANS lie and tell you what you want to hear but once again we will be faced with a legacy of dead and injured soldiers in another hopeless police ACTION AND THATS PUTTING IT MILDLY . History does not appear to influence these idiots that make our policy from the President on down. We will not win this war unless we are willing to kill millions of innocent civillians . ww2 was a no holds barred war where we firebombed cities and used Nuclear weapons but our cause was righteous and not some convuluted terrorism scare that we are being fed continuously to fuel our fears and keep the rich fatcat corporations in the war business . After these two fiascos Iraq and Afgahnistan our record will be wins 2 WW1 and 2 , 3 losses Vietnam, Iraq, AND Afghanistan AND ONE STALEMATE Korea and the UN backed us then and all we have is a DMZ to show for it ......
Woo Flung Poo

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Dec 1, 2009
Bob the Blunderbus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical extremist nutjob. Complain, hate and fear, never anything constructive. What your solution blunderbus?
u dum lib no one to talk. ancestor say dfl mean dum fo life. u shudup go back to work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sears and roebuck houses in cournwall (Apr '06) Sep 18 Circle of Friends... 8
disturbing the priest (Aug '14) Sep 11 do not disturb th... 2
News Orange County Legislature approves Palm Tree re... Sep 8 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1
News Trio indicted in fatal Newburgh shooting Aug '17 Buginfested 1
News What's new in the business scene (Dec '11) Aug '17 Really 11
Look who's a Sgt of of the Harriman Police Dep... Aug '17 Harriman Joke Dep... 1
Review: Pleasure Island (Nov '09) Aug '17 Debbie Greene 21

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages