Hearts and minds

Hearts and minds

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 18, 2007, titled Hearts and minds. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

T he U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is known for forging strong, silent types.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Jonathan Brend

United States

#1 Oct 23, 2007
As the father of a current West Point cadet I am overwhelmed by the truth in this article. My wife and I were both torn apart and proud when our son was accepted at the academy. Now in his third year our son thrives in the environment at the academy. He has been to Italy,Spain,Holland and other places where he has been exposed to not only military life but museums and foreign culture. The camaraderie amongst his fellow cadets and in some cases their families has been wonderful. But the spectre of Iran and Afghanistan looms in the distance. Thank you Professor Samet. Your work is appreciated by this West Point family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kiryas Joel, United Monroe agree on new town Fri Figurela 1
News Injunction sought to prohibit Kiryas Joel from ... Thu Open Borders For ... 13
News Kiryas Joel, United Monroe agree on new town Jun 18 Kyle Hubbard 1
News Children buried by snow plow, rescued several h... Jun 18 RobertEKirsch 4
News Orange County dairy farm comes to sad end (Aug '10) Jun 16 Wayne 4
News Police: Girls beat woman for fun in upstate New... (Jan '13) Jun 16 Realist 16
Review: Pleasure Island (Nov '09) Jun 16 Realist 15

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages