blueyehorse

Orlando, FL

#1423 Dec 27, 2012
joe sack wrote:
fox good luck need a knee replacement myself doctor wantsto hol off as long as i an said i"m to young
Joe I waited 3 years and now I'm having it done I can't even walk without a cane. my legs get very tried go fine other doctor I changed doctor and having it done jan.8th I rode for 30 yrs. at pdr with curly stu,etc I had gone to the jewett clinlic in florida,now going to Celabration hospital. to young is a out for the doctor. rick
ginny slocum

Live Oak, FL

#1424 Dec 27, 2012
blueyehorse wrote:
<quoted text> Joe I waited 3 years and now I'm having it done I can't even walk without a cane. my legs get very tried go fine other doctor I changed doctor and having it done jan.8th I rode for 30 yrs. at pdr with curly stu,etc I had gone to the jewett clinlic in florida,now going to Celabration hospital. to young is a out for the doctor. rick
Hey there, fellow Floridian (and former New Yorker)...I had osteoarthritis in my knee so bad I was crying and felt I could never walk again...finally bit the bullet in Sept. of this year and had total knee replacement surgery....best thing I ever did. I was completely healed in six weeks and walk normal again with no pain or limp. Had it done at Orthopedic Institute in Gainesville, Fl....Dr. Jason Shinn....everyone said it is remarkable. Good luck with your surgery...you won't be sorry.
Fran Good

Delray Beach, FL

#1425 Dec 29, 2012
blueyehorse wrote:
<quoted text> Joe I waited 3 years and now I'm having it done I can't even walk without a cane. my legs get very tried go fine other doctor I changed doctor and having it done jan.8th I rode for 30 yrs. at pdr with curly stu,etc I had gone to the jewett clinlic in florida,now going to Celabration hospital. to young is a out for the doctor. rick
Hey Ricky,
I didn't know about your problem.
good luck on 1/8... Fritzi
Fran Good

Delray Beach, FL

#1426 Dec 29, 2012
someone named Teri is looking for old photos.
I put many under Peekskill Dude Ranch, 1958 - 1962.
also, 1978 - 1980.
Fritzi
ginny slocum

Alachua, FL

#1427 Dec 30, 2012
will eickler jr wrote:
my grand father is jimmy eickler hes 92 and still goin
hi....my name is ginny slocum, married for 54 years to Douglas Slocum, nephew of Jimmy Eickler and Owen Eickler. Doug was a "mystery man" when we married; I never knew (still don't) much about his past, other than to meet Owen and his wife at a rodeo. I knew Jimmy used to manage Cimmaron Ranch way back when, but why Doug never kept in touch with family is still a mystery. Met his father once before he passed away and Doug's sister Lillian, but that's it. Doug is 81 now and still a mystery! If you have any family info you can share with me, I would be very grateful. Thank you.
ginslo38@yahoo.com
Ted -Teddy- Petrara

Pully, Switzerland

#1428 Jan 10, 2013
Wow!! Just unbelieveable to have found this sight. I remember all of you guys. Robert Fox, you were riding the big red appoloosa at the time. We would all go to Connelly's to cash our checks. Curly bailed me out of jail for a minor pot offense. Mike--you remember me?? We used to party in your room (over the barn). you were amazing. all of you were amazing. EXCEPT for Dennis, the barn manager. he was a real SOB.
Brooklyn Boy

Manning, SC

#1429 Jan 10, 2013
Mary wrote:
I worked there in the early 80's ish. I was a wrangler I used my own horse. Captain Jack. I can't remember the name of the woman in charge then.
I knew a Mary Ann when I visited Peekskill, blonde women if I remember it. My Mom would bring us up from Brooklyn often and when I was there I would always hang out with her daughter Jasmine. I was pretty young so that would put it in the mid 80's give or take. Jasmine was in love with a horse named Bid Red, wanted her Mom to buy it for her. They later went to Pine grove. That was the last time I saw Jasmine. We brought little monkeys in the gift shop. Mine white and hers pink. I still have it. Best time of my life. I would have brought the horse for her if I had the money. Jasmine never rode much when I was there cause I couldn't keep up, I'll never forget her. I hope she's living the best life she can, and I hope she got her horse.
BARRY ROSEN

Kissimmee, FL

#1430 Jan 31, 2013
Alice Brooke Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stanley Brooke who owned Stanbrooke was my uncle and I used to work up there on weekends. The dude ranch was in Clnton Corners Near Rhin

ebeck. Lots of memories there.
i MET MY WIFE THERE, MY FRIEND GEORGE DiJULIO WENT TO HELP HIS FRIEND DENNY KLEIN, FROM ROCKING HORSE RANCH WHO WAS THE MANAGER OF STANBROOKE i WENT UP TO VISIT AND BROUGHT A LOT OF FOOD UP FOR THE WEEK END, MY FAMILY WAS IN THE WHOLESALE FOOD LINE, WE , I THINK TED ROMA OWNED TE PLACE T THE TIME 1970WERE HAVING A FOOD IGHT AND SHE WALD IN TO THE KITCHEN AND GOT HIT WITH FLANK STEAK, CAN'T REMEMBER WHO THEW IT ME, GEORE OR DENNY,BACK THEN LEE VAN WAS THE COOK AND STU JONES WAS THE BARN FORMAN
rick

Orlando, FL

#1431 Feb 1, 2013
Fran Good wrote:
someone named Teri is looking for old photos.
I put many under Peekskill Dude Ranch, 1958 - 1962.
also, 1978 - 1980.
Fritzi
fran everything went well im ahead of schudcle getting better thanks rick
DONALD DAVENPORT

Boynton Beach, FL

#1432 Feb 17, 2013
Great Trip Down Memory Lane. Always one of my favorite
retreats, great food, fun and always interesting people.
Side-shows with the Crew was an added pleasure.
The riding was great too for a City Boy.
My ex-wife and I were good friends of Don and Mally San Marco
before the birth of Andrew. As I moved from NY to LA we lost
touch. I did return in the early 70's to the ranch bringing
a film crew on a shoot for Playboy. Now that was a real Hoot,
particularly in the Exercise Room with the vibrating machine.
Very Fond Memories Overall. Regards to All.
Donn
george inness

Danbury, CT

#1433 May 13, 2013
i was a rnger alon with my brothers bimzy nd hard rock and som other wranglers wer manney stretch cant remember the other gies oh this was in the 50s
george inness

Danbury, CT

#1434 May 13, 2013
toney v cirley max bird lader on i new a formen stewey heck of a nice ge
george inness

Danbury, CT

#1435 May 13, 2013
my brother soapy and i used to show horses for mo plesure pole bending rening barrel racing art brock houser was the truck driver ace was the bartender sorrey i an such a lousey speller
jodi

Jupiter, FL

#1436 May 20, 2013
my family would go to the dude ranch every labor day weekend. i have so many fond memories of that place...the rides (fast and slow, the pool, the nightime games, curly, etc.
deputy dawg

Las Vegas, NV

#1437 May 31, 2013
To George Inness. I worked at the ranch in the 50's along with Bimzy, Manny, Curley, Doc, Billy and a few others. I remember Bimzy real well. He would work mostly weekends. I bought a few Cowboy hats from him through Mallory Hat Co where I believed he worked. I was a young I mean really young wrsmgler. My name is Lenny and my horse was Dice
george inness

Danbury, CT

#1438 Jun 13, 2013
nice to hear from you lenny.
george inness

Orlando, FL

#1439 Jun 13, 2013
george inness wrote:
my brother soapy and i used to show horses for mo plesure pole bending rening barrel racing art brock houser was the truck driver ace was the bartender sorrey i an such a lousey speller
George, I remember soapy so very well and Art I was going with Arts daughter back then. remember going with them many times showing the Appolosas and velet ike. Iwas a wrangler as I grew up with curly stu, flip,manny it was many good yrs up there. spent some 20 yrs working with Mac Pollay with his vending machines. Rick Landow
george inness

Danbury, CT

#1440 Jul 4, 2013
lenny i worked at the ranch when i was 15 years old
bud chase and caroline plade their, that was in 19/58. max was a good friend of my family.
deputy dawg

Las Vegas, NV

#1441 Jul 10, 2013
I left the ranch in late 1957 or early 1958 and went back into the U S Army. When i was there the band was lead by a fellow named Don. I remember Bud and Caroline. I think they hosted some parties at there home.

My brother Michael was working there and was married there as well. I'm not sure when he left. Nice to hear from you.
Allen

Queens Village, NY

#1442 Oct 14, 2013
This is so cool! I went there with my family for a vacatin in the summer of 1965 or 1966. My horse that I rode was "Buddy"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Correction-Tard Dave Curtin Cheating on "Wife" ... (Jun '14) Dec 14 Sad 2
EX Judge Jeffery Werner STILL driving around dr... Dec 14 Watching U 1
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Dec 6 Jiom 9
Newburgh Ranked Third Worst US City (Aug '07) Dec 4 scotty1burgh 41
Cranky voters have officials worried Dec 4 hatteras island f... 2
NY boys buried in snow pile heard rescuers calling Nov 28 No sympathy for T... 1
Reasonable Locksmithing (Dec '13) Nov 25 Reasonable Locksm... 10

West Point News Video

West Point Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Point News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Point

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

ESPN12:35PM
Rolle wants to finish his career with Giants
ESPN 2:28 PM
Revis: Rex's shaky status with Jets is 'sad'
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:03 PM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick