little red Kenny

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

I would like to say hello to everyone and that im still a wild cowboy. i miss you all and please respond back.
ginny

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

hey!...anyone remember curly (doc) slocum, pete mario, joe sanchez from the 50's at pdr? they were stuntmen but were at pdr off and on during the summer months.
Jane

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

kevin conway wrote:
I went there as a ten year old in 1957. Who was the owner and younger woman who committed suicide there?
Vern Walter was the owner - the young girl was not at the ranch - Vern's wife was there - he met the young girl in therapy is the family story.
dbader

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

I went to both of the ranches as my parents were friends with Stan and Pauline. Sandy Herman sounds familiar to me. There were 2 girls that were somehow related to Stan, their names were Pam and Cheryl. not sure how but saw them sometimes when we were there. I have great memories. Does anyone know where it was? i would love to take a ride to the area.
Alice Brooke Robertson wrote:
Hi Brenda
Well, Syd is my brother and he and Pat were married. Pat died approx 13 years ago.
I am in touch with Karen & Ricky occasionally. What I will do is ask Karen if she wants to hear from you and then the same with Ricky. I cannot give out their info without their approval. I hope you understand that. I knew Sandy and Pat when I was really young when I went to visit Stanbrooke as a kid. I remember when they adopted the kids never seeing into the future and knowing Pat would become my sister in law. If you want to get in touch with me - I am on facebook or candi9@nc.rr.com
Alice Brooke Robertson

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Wow, Stan and Pauline were much later. I met Pauline on several occasions but never really knew her. The ranch was in Clinton Corners - his first one was up on Bulls Head Rd known as Stanbrooke. The second was opposite end of Clinton Corners - Circle R originally! Stan's family was small - he never had children of his own and only 1 brother who was my father - Pam and Cheryl might have been related to Pauline or Kate Justus who was briefly married to Stan! The funny part was that Pauline came from Lakewood NJ where I grew up but I never knew her from there!
michael-maguire- ireland

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Hi Joe:I hope you are doing well.Do you remember the English Literature class in the college(1970-72)? I am still trying to decipher that poetry by T.S.Eliot!
If you are doing that Peekskill Virtual Journey on Google Streetview make sure to call at the Maple Avenue Country Deli(2111,Maple Avenue,Cort-
landt Manor).That building(or part of it)was there in 1974.Do you remember it from 1973?
Allan

Thousand Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Stan Brooks and his nephew who married my aunt. I am trying to locate Stan's grandchildren.
Brenda
My father owned a summer home just down the road from the ranch.
As a kid Stan Brook would let us swim in his pool.In my early teens he let me ride for free, if I cleaned out the stable. The horse I rode was called Apples. In 1967, worked as a dish washer on the 4th of July weekend. Those were wonderful times.

Allan

Roger dodger ramjet

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

HI all you dude ranch people.. worked at rocking horse from 69 - 80 off / on,, stanbrook 71 -73,,/ was a guest at peekskill in the 60 s a few times. them years were GREAT / comparible to almost nothing else. [driving a horse / carraige in the city at NIGHT was damn close] big hi to Everyone like the cowboys, cowgirls, / 1000 s of cool guests . Big Gigantic thanks for letting me be apart of what ever you might call it.
Frank

Tarrytown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

michael-maguire-ireland wrote:
Hi Joe:I hope you are doing well.Do you remember the English Literature class in the college(1970-72)? I am still trying to decipher that poetry by T.S.Eliot!
If you are doing that Peekskill Virtual Journey on Google Streetview make sure to call at the Maple Avenue Country Deli(2111,Maple Avenue,Cort-
landt Manor).That building(or part of it)was there in 1974.Do you remember it from 1973?
Sorry to say the Maple Avenue Deli has recently closed. Probably not the people you remember, but this guy ran a very nice place, I guess there just wasn't enough business to support him.
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Michael, I will attempt that virtual journey! I do indeed remember the English Lit with Joe Quinn! Who else was in that class?
Joe used to have seminars in his house.. happy days.
Howie Levine

Netcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Wow, "modock" as in "Taubman". I remember the first weekend I worked for you in 1972 or so, I was 16, called you "Mr. Modock", everyone had a good laugh. And, yes, Barry was stoned all the time, so him comiing into the dining room calling for tips was no doubt true. Actually made quite a good amount of $$ there for the day, The $30 per weekend ended up pretyy much as $100 with tips.
Steve Modock

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Howie Levine wrote:
Wow, "modock" as in "Taubman". I remember the first weekend I worked for you in 1972 or so, I was 16, called you "Mr. Modock", everyone had a good laugh. And, yes, Barry was stoned all the time, so him comiing into the dining room calling for tips was no doubt true. Actually made quite a good amount of $$ there for the day, The $30 per weekend ended up pretyy much as $100 with tips.
Nice of you to call me Mr.Modock, I really wasn't that much older than you. I do remember you, but what Barry are you talking about?
michael-maguire- ireland

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

To Joe:I answered your question about the Eng.Lit. class,by e-mail.
To Howie:you were a waiter at the Ranch in the summer of 1974,weren't you? Do you remember me, working as a waiter there, in the summer 0f 1974?
I think me and the other three Irish waiters there that summer have become known as THE IRISH WAITERS!
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

To Joe:I answered your question about the Eng.Lit. class,by e-mail.
To Howie:you were a waiter at the Ranch in the summer of 1974,weren't you? Do you remember me, working as a waiter there, in the summer 0f 1974?
I think me and the other three Irish waiters there that summer have becomem known as THE IRISH WAITERS!
Michael I read your mail on my phone I'm on hols in Kerry until weekend and will reply then by e mail
Frank

Croton On Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Howie Levine wrote:
Hey Howie, I worked there in '72, and there are a few things I'll always remember. One was Barry calling out "tips!" as he walked through the dining room. Kinda' looking at the floor, or nowhere in particular, just "tips!". It was like a subliminal message to the guests!
Another was Kenny, and he was always going "easy, mother..." not to anybody in particular, it was just something he was always saying. He'd walk through the doors, "easy, mother...".
And another guy was always saying about one or another of us, "nice guy,........ sucks!". That one still cracks me up.
lilypond616

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

hi curley , i hope you came back from facebook to read this , i havent loged into this in a very long time , hope you are well , HI Mary i remember you wrangling with your own horse , i am still active riding and schooling my two , i am trying a little dressage , my guys are on a small farm in kent , putnam county , the owner has morgans, from dushin in garrisson , for all you ex pony clubers , working and riding , my dad passed away in april , had to move his belongings to my house from queens ny , now learning about his life in the service thru his paperwork my dad kept everything , stay safe everyone , keep this going , the best times were at peeskill dude ranch , always lil
will eickler jr

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

my grand father is jimmy eickler hes 92 and still goin
joe sack

Chappaqua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

fox good luck need a knee replacement myself doctor wantsto hol off as long as i an said i"m to young
joe sack

Chappaqua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

time for work have to tend bar tonight tlk to u late

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,381 - 1,400 of1,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

West Point News Video

•••
•••

West Point Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••