Joe Gallagher

Ireland

#21 Nov 29, 2006
Fantastic response. I remember Howie.(Fuzzy hair)I have had e-mails from Harvy and some great photos. A name in my head is Joe Baba a nickname Gunther I remember, The two Viet Nam vets who were always blasted. They lived in Texas.
I will be writing to my cousin's daughter soon and will re-establish the connection.
I was the honorary Irishman in the summer of 1973, I used to play Astral Weeks on a little tape recorde in the dining room as we cleared up,
Anyone remember Curly turning his Cadillac upside down after bringing the waiters out to dinner?
Harvey,
I will respond to you soon,promise.
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

#22 Nov 29, 2006
Dave
You sound like you had a lot of fun who was the chef in 1973? If that was you you were a right narky boll%",
I was very quiet when there I waited tables..remember a very fat family which landed at one of my tables and ther chef thought I was stashing all the pancakes for myself.#
Have a look at Harvey's photos

Cheers
Joe Gallagher
Dave Seley wrote:
I worked there from 1972, off and on until it closed as Head Chef, Dining Hall Manager, and a host of other jobs. I am still in touch with Andrew,(Moe's grandson, Don's son) and Joey (Bruno's son).
With some of the insane shit I pulled while there (like drilling holes in the wrnaglers room next door and shooting in bottle rockets, or riding my Harley into the dining room), I am surprized my name hasn't come up yet.
For you former wranglers out there...it was ME who always let out the horses in the middle of the night!
If you want to find me, I work at Harvard University. email david_seley@harvard.edu
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

#23 Nov 29, 2006
MKK wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, I remember it well. I knew Curly and Diana, Moe Hirsch, Ace,Don and Mally and the entire gang. Spent many weekends there riding. Awesome memories. The ranch was sold years ago. Ace and Moe passed away. Thanks for the happy thoughts.Do you hear from your cousin, Curly? MKK
Hi MKK
Curly was never big on communications, his neice Colleen visited me a number of years ago from Boston. Curly and his brother Joe live in happy retirement in Florida. I will write to Colleen soon. I am sure all these messages will mean a lot to all Curly;s family. His mother was my mother's sister and his father was my father's brother. We lived in Ireland and they in Brooklyn. Bay ridge.
If you like to e-mail me jggy2008@eircom.net willget me. By the way what is your name and what rank did you attain in Peekskill
Great to hear from you
Joe G
John Curly Gallagher

AOL

#24 Dec 3, 2006
Hello Everybody
Just want to say HOWDY
live in Ft. Lauderdale FL.
e-mail is
curlydude1934@aol.com
\\\
bigmanouch

AOL

#25 Dec 3, 2006
Hey I am Mike Curlys son I cant believe i found this site
bigmanouch

AOL

#26 Dec 3, 2006
MKK I amm Mike Curlys son I cant believe I found this site
bigmanouch

AOL

#27 Dec 3, 2006
andrew san marco wrote:
great to see that people still think about the ranch. i have many found memories of the ranch. Unfortunately, we have lost some of our family. My mother Mally passed away of cancer in 1994 and Moe passed away in 1991. I would love to know who MMK is? As Dave Seley said, we found each other a few years ago and remain friends to this day. Even though i'm younger than most of you, yes, Dirty Dancing was Disney compared to Peekskill Ranch. My father Don Lives in NJ and is retired. I live in NYC with my wife Andrea and our children Maddie and Brandon. I would love to hear from anyone regarding the Ranch, you can e mail me at asanmarco@tfsbrokers.com. Best to you all...
Hey Andrew this Mike how are u all is well here in sunn south florida i would like to know who mkk is as well I cant believe I found this site
bigmanouch

AOL

#28 Dec 3, 2006
bigmanouch wrote:
Hey I am Mike Curlys son I cant believe i found this site
E-Mail Bigmanouch@aol.com
Jill Sackal

Monticello, NY

#29 Dec 3, 2006
OH MY GOD! I have to thank Curly (aka "Q" to me) for sending me this link. Hello to all who may remember me. I started at PDR the summer of '72 in the kitchen, but my love was the barn. Worked my butt off to be the 1st female wrangler; I think I have that distinction. Patti Ludington (barn, waitress, horse Cheyenne?) passed quite a few years ago from diabetic complications. I still tell folks to this day that my best job, bar none, was when I worked at the Ranch. It was moot that we made $15/day for a 15 hr day. We were paid to have fun. Can anyone remember how many cadillacs Curly wrecked? Dave Seley, you bought my yellow Vega and blew it up soon after. My brother, Joe Sackal, worked there following me. We all have great tales. Big John? What's-his-name the pot washer who made a still in his room and fed it the potato peels? Ditzy Karen w/ the robin-egg blue RoadRunner? Ace? Bruno? I still have a picture of one of the transvestites that performed his girl act there. Would love to hear from anyone for catch-up. email c_peace01@hotmail.com
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

#30 Dec 3, 2006
Curly, I am sorry! I said you were not big on communications and you hit with the very next post with your e-mail address! I have sent you an excited e-mail as I am sure many others will. The place had such a special thing about it that thirty years on the memories are real and fullof fun. Could it be possible to get a website to upload photos etc ..then a movie....
Jill were you there in 1973 and was Joe ,you brother, a waiter in 1973?
Jill Sackal -aka Conklin-

Monticello, NY

#31 Dec 3, 2006
Hi Joe Gallagher of Dublin!
I was at the ranch from '72 until about '75, on and off that last year. Joey started suddenly when he was 14. One night when we were all out, a little tipsy, and a little short-staffed the next day. Curly stopped by my house in Peekskill around 10pm, I told Joey to get dressed he had a job, and we had him ride one of the hacks that bucked his first day. Joe worked in the barn the whole time I believe, but he stayed on a few years after me. We both stay in touch w/ your uncle from time to time thanks to the wonders of modern technology. When were you there?
andrew san marco

Mount Kisco, NY

#32 Dec 4, 2006
i certainly remember Jill Sackel. I was younger, but clearly remember you. Where is Accord , NY?
hope you are well. Karen's last name was Poynnient. yes she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I had a childhood crush on her. Do you know who MMK is? Mike i'll send you an e mail
bigmanouch

AOL

#33 Dec 4, 2006
Hey seley I remember when u rode ur bike through the dining and kitchen what an long strange trip the ranch was and Joe drop me line I would love to get to now you and say hi to collen and jill tell Joe I said Hi
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

#34 Dec 8, 2006
http://www.yorktownhistory.org/homepages/apri...

Have a look at this, a fire at the Ranch 1978?
Any memories of this
joe sackal

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Dec 9, 2006
had a lot of good times at the ranch the dicola twins donnie and dougie robert fox just to name a few friday night pizza and beer in the barn with q man ty curly for all the good times and fond memories
bigmanouch

AOL

#36 Dec 9, 2006
Yo whats up cousin hope all is well we should stay out of the chinese restaurants lol big Mike

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn, NY

#37 Dec 10, 2006
big mike whats happening? ran into joey pisani the other he is the door greeter at bj's lol will talk to you later
bigmanouch wrote:
Yo whats up cousin hope all is well we should stay out of the chinese restaurants lol big Mike

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Dec 10, 2006
big mike what's up? seen joey (bowie) pisani the other day he is the door greeter at bj's. will talk to you later!
bigmanouch

AOL

#39 Dec 11, 2006
Tell Joey i said hey how are things with u how about the DiColas still around what was joeys sisters name carol?
Dave Seley

United States

#40 Dec 16, 2006
Wow! Email me
david_seley@harvard.edu or
chefhockey@aol.com

Jill, Big Mike..all you guys bring back some awesome memories! I haven't changed much, just have a responsible job now, but still playing with a few cards missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Sat Paytone 12
So Long Teutuls! American Chopper Cancelled By ... (Nov '12) Jan 23 buginfested 40
Dangerous driving in region Updated at Jan 20 concerned citizen 1 1
Free or small cost beautiful wedding in NYC or ... Jan 17 Michael Roth 1
John McNeal Jr (1840-1923) Jan 15 Bob Wilson Jr 1
YOU Are Invited to new Chat Forum Jan 13 Chatter 1
CofN Fluoride and Chemical treatment to Drinki... Jan 13 Pure Spring Water 1

Blizzard Warning for Orange County was issued at January 26 at 3:29AM EST

West Point News Video

West Point Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE