Joe Gallagher

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2006

I am an Irishman who worked as a waiter in a dude ranch near Peekskill in the summer o 1973. I was a university student at the time and I have greaat memories of my time in Peekskill.
My ncousin John'Curly'Gallagher and a man called Mo Hersch used to run it . I have memories of a Cadillac driven by someone called Ace with 'ACE' on the reg plate.
I would love to hear from anybody at all who had a connection with the place,any photos,or history etc.
Someday I will show my kids Peekskill.but will never tell them all the stories!
Joe Gallagher Dublin Irish Republic
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2006

Further to the previous, e-mail jggy2003@yahoo.co.uk
cathy ferretti decunza

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2006

my family spent every summer vacation at peekskill dude ranch 1960 to 1970. i would cry everytime we had to leave. during that time we bought 2 horses and brought them with us and moe always gave us free board while we were there. i met my first love at peekskill. dane christopher white he was a rangler. my brother Tony use to work at the ranch as well. i can see everything as if it were yesterday.
sandy snowcone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2006

I worked at the ranch a wrangler when I was 16..Lady Flash was my horse..I remember ..dougie and Donny the twins, dorthy Darlene, Matt, some dude named fox..and Tony Volpe the blacksmith,,heard about curly he knocked out a horse by punching it ..not sorry I didnt meet him ..edware the egyptian maintenance man and a dude we called fetus
Harvey

Saint-sever, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

I knew Curly when I worked on the Ranch as a wrangler in 1974.

Some photos on www.kentgal.com/peekskill
Howie Levine

Long Valley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

I worked as a waiter at the Ranch from summer 1972 (I think!) for 3 years, including during the winter (they were open weekends). It was my formative education on drugs, sex and poker. I knew Curly, and Ace, and San Marco, and Moe Hersh, and all those characters (don't forget Steve Taubmann, otherwise known as "Modoc"). Quite a cast...
Joe Gallagher wrote:
I am an Irishman who worked as a waiter in a dude ranch near Peekskill in the summer o 1973. I was a university student at the time and I have greaat memories of my time in Peekskill.
My ncousin John'Curly'Gallagher and a man called Mo Hersch used to run it . I have memories of a Cadillac driven by someone called Ace with 'ACE' on the reg plate.
I would love to hear from anybody at all who had a connection with the place,any photos,or history etc.
Kevin Nelson NY

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2006

I remember going to the Peekskillin 1968, but now have agirlfriend who lives in Peekskill. Would love to know exactly where it was located so that we could drive by, and see if it is still there. I just showed her a keychain that my aunt found with the Peekskill logo on it.
Harry Stephens

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

I worked at the ranch on two different occassions. In the late 60's I was a waiter and in the mid 70's was a bartender and then served as the social director when Bruno and Donnie had a falling out. Dirty Dancing had nothing on the Peekskill Dude Ranch! Hey Howie, do you remember the great smell in the rooms over the barn and the scent of Aramis whenever Ace walked by? How about the Powder Puff reviews?
David

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2006

I heard the Ranch was sold to a convent and is now run by some ministry.
Kevin Nelson NY wrote:
I remember going to the Peekskillin 1968, but now have agirlfriend who lives in Peekskill. Would love to know exactly where it was located so that we could drive by, and see if it is still there. I just showed her a keychain that my aunt
found with the Peekskill logo on it.
David

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2006

The Ranch was located off Furnace Woods Road. You can get a birds eye view of the joint by typing in the address on local.live.com . The place was or still is some kind of convent I heard.
enwhycentral

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

The ranch is and has been for a very long time, an orthodox Jewish seminary. It appears somewhat rundown.
MKK

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

Joe Gallagher wrote:
Joe, I remember it well. I knew Curly and Diana, Moe Hirsch, Ace,Don and Mally and the entire gang. Spent many weekends there riding. Awesome memories. The ranch was sold years ago. Ace and Moe passed away. Thanks for the happy thoughts.Do you hear from your cousin, Curly? MKK
MKK

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

Howie Levine wrote:
I worked as a waiter at the Ranch from summer 1972 (I think!) for 3 years, including during the winter (they were open weekends). It was my formative education on drugs, sex and poker. I knew Curly, and Ace, and San Marco, and Moe Hersh, and all those characters (don't forget Steve Taubmann, otherwise known as "Modoc"). Quite a cast...
<quoted text>
Modoc is a podiatrist living somewhere Newport News in Virginia. And Lady Flash was the horse I rode when I worked weekends as a wrangler. She had that front leg that she lifted when she was resting.... appeared to be a trick (more like a bad tendon). Don't forget Mac Pollay, he was part of the old guard there.... Moe, Mac, Ace, Curly, Bruno, Tony Volpe, Don... wow, there are names I haven't hear in a long while.
Diana

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2006

Hi,
I worked at the ranch in 1970. What a crew. I remember Burt the Cowboy, Walter Zimmer the riding instructor, and of course Ace, Curley, Bruno, Moe and his wife and his little girl and the rest of the crazy crew. I know Burt died about 15 years ago. Does anyone know about Walter or Curly?
Please post more photos if anyone out there has any.
Thanks.
Diana

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2006

Harvey wrote:
I knew Curly when I worked on the Ranch as a wrangler in 1974.
Some photos on www.kentgal.com/peekskill
Hi,
Do you have any other photos. Would love to see more. I worked at the rance in 1970. What an experience!!!
Thanks,
Diana
Dave Seley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

I worked there from 1972, off and on until it closed as Head Chef, Dining Hall Manager, and a host of other jobs. I am still in touch with Andrew,(Moe's grandson, Don's son) and Joey (Bruno's son).
With some of the insane shit I pulled while there (like drilling holes in the wrnaglers room next door and shooting in bottle rockets, or riding my Harley into the dining room), I am surprized my name hasn't come up yet.
For you former wranglers out there...it was ME who always let out the horses in the middle of the night!
If you want to find me, I work at Harvard University. email david_seley@harvard.edu
Dave Seley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

Anyone remember Gunther?
(The wacko maintenence guy who chain smoked and never removed the cigarette to flick the ashes?)
andrew san marco

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

great to see that people still think about the ranch. i have many found memories of the ranch. Unfortunately, we have lost some of our family. My mother Mally passed away of cancer in 1994 and Moe passed away in 1991. I would love to know who MMK is? As Dave Seley said, we found each other a few years ago and remain friends to this day. Even though i'm younger than most of you, yes, Dirty Dancing was Disney compared to Peekskill Ranch. My father Don Lives in NJ and is retired. I live in NYC with my wife Andrea and our children Maddie and Brandon. I would love to hear from anyone regarding the Ranch, you can e mail me at asanmarco@tfsbrokers.com. Best to you all...
andrew san marco

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

Diana asked about Curly. Curly lives in Fort Lauderdale near his son Michael. Bruno lives in Fairfield, Ct. To Joe Gallagher, are you in touch with "curly"?
Howie

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2006

Harry Stephens wrote:
I worked at the ranch on two different occassions. In the late 60's I was a waiter and in the mid 70's was a bartender and then served as the social director when Bruno and Donnie had a falling out. Dirty Dancing had nothing on the Peekskill Dude Ranch! Hey Howie, do you remember the great smell in the rooms over the barn and the scent of Aramis whenever Ace walked by? How about the Powder Puff reviews?
Yeah...my first summer I had a room over the barn. Took me until sometime in December before the smell would wash off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,438
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Point Discussions

Search the West Point Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 1 hr Billy O Liar 16,774
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Billy O Liar 6,357
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Billy O Liar 6,337
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Lexington Hills Condos (Sep '06) Jul 17 curious 149
FAA investigates congressman's drone wedding video Jul 17 Sigh 2
Washingtonville High School principal charged w... (Oct '10) Jul 16 deep quarry 163
•••
•••

West Point News Video

•••
West Point Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Point Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••