Obama orders 30,000 more troops to Af...

Obama orders 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan

There are 19 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Obama orders 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Declaring "our security is at stake," President Barack Obama on Tuesday ordered an additional 30,000 U.S. troops into the long war in Afghanistan, nearly tripling the force he inherited as commander in chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Constitution

Newbury Park, CA

#1 Dec 1, 2009
Did anyone else listen to his speech tonight? How can so many words say so little? Nothing but more blame placed on the previous administration. Yes, the GWB presidency was a disaster, but it has been over for almost a year. If placing blame on the preceding president is now how business is done, how great will the the president who takes office in 2013 have it? He will be following this disaster. BO has never had a job, let alone served in the military, but he acts as if he is an expert in both areas. At least he does when he is reading his teleprompter. What a clueless leader. Continually throwing America under the bus, while getting nothing accomplished. He stuffed a waste of a spending program down our throats in about 3 seconds, but has been fence sitting on Afghanistan and Iraq for months while American soldiers die. He is helping to destroy America with his far left wing Marxist ideology, and needs to be replaced ASAP.
popcorn

Ontario, CA

#2 Dec 1, 2009
Why do you say the GWB presidency was a disaster?
bah

United States

#4 Dec 2, 2009
popcorn wrote:
Why do you say the GWB presidency was a disaster?
He put pressure on airlines against "racial profiling," that allowed 9/11 to take place. He pressured banks to give loans to poor people with little oversight. He allowed Greenspan to get bubbles going in stocks and real estate that almost destroyed this country, and gave him a medal on retirement.
On the other hand, Dems have a problem coming up with viable candidates, so that people like Bush (no other rational choice) get into office. Obama is the republicans fault for the same reason.
btw, we need at least 50K, not 30k in Afghanistan if he seriously hopes to get out of there in 3 years. When we won WWII we put over a million troops in Germany. We didn't put them there to enjoy the scenery. We did it to reshape Germans and their value system with no room for them to wiggle. We were successful too. If we'd only sent 30k troops, they'd still be shooting our soldiers in the head from belfry towers today.
Was is always about bringing your opponent to his knees, as efficiently as possible, and as soon as possible. There's no other way to go about it, and if you can't, or won't do it, don't start a war.
Under the circumstances in Afghanistan, without concentration camps, Obama will never get a handle on the place, and I doubt we'll be doing the concentration camp thing.
Hitler and the jews gave war a bad name. Thanks to his damned fight with the jews, every war we have from now on will be prolonged for no good reason.
bah

United States

#5 Dec 2, 2009
"Was" = "war"
Welfare state

Honolulu, HI

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Broken promises after broken promises and a total failed presidency in the making. The republican sweeps in 2010 and 2012 will be shocking.
geesh

United States

#8 Dec 2, 2009
I bet those kids loved it when Obama's War bull speech rant interferred with Charlie Brown.. What a piece of work that guy is around the holidays.Always considerate.right.. He has no connection to Christmas because he really has no real faith.. He just attended a racist church with Wright that's all.

Since: Jul 07

Portsmouth, VA

#9 Dec 2, 2009
"One didn't have to be a cadet on Tuesday to feel a bit of nausea upon hearing Obama's speech. It was the least truthful address that he has ever held. He spoke of responsibility, but almost every sentence smelled of party tactics. He demanded sacrifice, but he was unable to say what it was for exactly."

from Der Spiegel, Germany
Seal Beach Rob

Long Beach, CA

#10 Dec 2, 2009
Where's "Code Pink"?

Do they only Hate War when the Repubs are in charge?
Robert J G Jackson Sr

Long Beach, CA

#11 Dec 2, 2009
What I did not hear from the President was any passion, any will, any determination to succeed in the war, to win. I find that disturbing.
u fell for it

Baldwin Park, CA

#12 Dec 2, 2009
T-shirt slogan says it best:
SO, HOW'S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY THING WORKING OUT FOR YOU?
funny

Cerritos, CA

#13 Dec 2, 2009
Thank you to all the sheep that voted in a child to be our president. He voted 'present' in the senate so that his election plans would go as planned. He got elected by people that believe car commercials are reality.
LBres

Cerritos, CA

#14 Dec 2, 2009
No more messing around. Bug out and nuke the place for morbid. Mission Accomplished.
American

Long Beach, CA

#15 Dec 2, 2009
Robert J G Jackson Sr wrote:
What I did not hear from the President was any passion, any will, any determination to succeed in the war, to win. I find that disturbing.
And what would you call a "win'
Dan Martinez

Long Beach, CA

#16 Dec 2, 2009
LBres wrote:
No more messing around. Bug out and nuke the place for morbid. Mission Accomplished.
Four well placed Nukes could end our troubles with the 12th Century hobos. Problem solved.

Not a single ONE of these cave dwellers and lunatics is more important to me than ONE American soldier.

Bring our troops home NOW.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Dec 2, 2009
GoodNewz wrote:
"One didn't have to be a cadet on Tuesday to feel a bit of nausea upon hearing Obama's speech. It was the least truthful address that he has ever held. He spoke of responsibility, but almost every sentence smelled of party tactics. He demanded sacrifice, but he was unable to say what it was for exactly."
But Obama did say what it was for. He regards the Taliban as a security threat to the U.S., and hopes to destroy them and their allies.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#18 Dec 2, 2009
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>But Obama did say what it was for. He regards the Taliban as a security threat to the U.S., and hopes to destroy them and their allies.
Obama's war plan is bull... Like John Kerry Quoting "I voted for it, before I voted against it"... Obama sending troops to die in Afghanistan then reversing himself...

The fascist liberals care about nothing accept money... Something paper pratically worthless, that can be reprinted, yet liberals don't give a hoot about people that will die. Lives that can't be replaced and whom have No Hope... and... No Change...

The Party of Death, Taxes, Immorality and Greed...

The WarMongers of Hateful Liberalism

OBAMA LIES... SOLDIERS DIE!!!

Liberalism is a Disease and a Mental Disorder...

The Arm and Hammer Poison of Liberalism
Never Surprised

Westminster, CA

#19 Dec 2, 2009
I rather see those 30,000 troops on our borders combating the flow of guns, drugs, and, human smuggling....
bjh

Alton, IL

#20 Dec 2, 2009
GoodNewz wrote:
I think he chose to give his speech in front of the cadets because they
had no choice but to sit quietly and listen to it. It might have been a different story in front of civilians.
sorry

United States

#21 Dec 2, 2009
Dan Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>
Four well placed Nukes could end our troubles with the 12th Century hobos. Problem solved.
Not a single ONE of these cave dwellers and lunatics is more important to me than ONE American soldier.
Bring our troops home NOW.
Can't nuke. It would make Oprah cry. Not an option.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thurway traffic stop leads to drug charges Upda... Jun 23 internet troll 1
Does anyone know Keith Brulatour? Jun 18 Inquiringminds 1
Adoptees Born at Julia L. Butterfield Hospital ... (Jan '12) Jun 17 Kaetlyn 51
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Jun 12 Kim Burns 17
Bugsy Moran Jun 6 de moe smelly 1
North Miller st? Is this one of newburghs worst st (Oct '06) Jun 2 Phillip 304
News Blooming Grove supervisor suggests ward system ... May 31 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages