Obama orders escalation, and then wit...

Obama orders escalation, and then withdrawal

There are 24 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Dec 2, 2009, titled Obama orders escalation, and then withdrawal. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Declaring "our security is at stake," President Barack Obama ordered an additional 30,000 U.S. troops into the long war in Afghanistan Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joecairo

Irvine, CA

#21 Dec 6, 2009
icblackness wrote:
Oba Mao has just guarantied our loss in Afghanistan. The best we can do in and for Afghanistan is legalize Marijuana. Keep a large military presence and reward Afghans for being in the Marijuana trade and kill Afghans involved in the Opium/Poppy trade. Allow the regular citizens in Afghanistan to prosper through their own hard work. Then we can bring our troops home. As it stands Obama is guilty of giving comfort to our enemies by stupidly announcing a withdrawal date.
Idiots!!! Where did he say he would withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by July 2011? Where?

a process to transfer responsibility to the Afghani's will BEGIN in 2011...not END!

I think this is a VERY smart move on the Presidents part. If you told me that instead of fighting to the last breath to get troops out of my village, all I had to do was wait for 18 months and they'd leave on their own, would I be up an at 'em the next morning, fighting like there was no tomorrow?

Heck No! I'd chill. I wouldn't risk my life to get a conclusion that will happen on it's own whether I die trying for it or not.

What a SMART way to diffuse the urgency of your enemy.

Also remember, that only the team on offense can run out the clock. If the Taliban are kep on the defensive, constantly retrenching and retreating, WE control whether or not they outwait us.

Most of you morons have NO IDEA on how to conduct military strategy. All you can do is point your racial hatred toward the President and complain about stuff you have zero comprehension of.

Air Thieves, the lot of you
joecairo

Irvine, CA

#22 Dec 6, 2009
wow, they automatically censored the word M_O_R_O_N. Paintywaistes.
icblackness

Santa Ana, CA

#23 Dec 8, 2009
joecairo wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots!!! Where did he say he would withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by July 2011? Where?
a process to transfer responsibility to the Afghani's will BEGIN in 2011...not END!
I think this is a VERY smart move on the Presidents part. If you told me that instead of fighting to the last breath to get troops out of my village, all I had to do was wait for 18 months and they'd leave on their own, would I be up an at 'em the next morning, fighting like there was no tomorrow?
Heck No! I'd chill. I wouldn't risk my life to get a conclusion that will happen on it's own whether I die trying for it or not.
Also remember, that only the team on offense can run out the clock. If the Taliban are kep on the defensive, constantly retrenching and retreating, WE control whether or not they outwait us.
Most of you **** have NO IDEA on how to conduct military strategy. All you can do is point your racial hatred toward the President and complain about stuff you have zero comprehension of.
joecairo, you are an idiot. We win by betraying the people of Afghanistan? Just die already joecairo.
exmilitary

Long Beach, CA

#24 Dec 8, 2009
joecairo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of you **** have NO IDEA on how to conduct military strategy. All you can do is point your racial hatred toward the President and complain about stuff you have zero comprehension of.
Joe,
You get it. All the people commenting on the fact that the enemy will retreat and wait us out, seem to think that is a bad thing.
The best tactic in a terrorist war where the enemy is co-mingled with the good guys is to get them to stop fighting and retreat from the combat areas so we can accomplish setting up a defensive position, beef up local fighters and military positions thus giving the locals a better chance of being sucessful in their OWN fighting when the enemy returns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sears and roebuck houses in cournwall (Apr '06) Sep 18 Circle of Friends... 8
disturbing the priest (Aug '14) Sep 11 do not disturb th... 2
News Orange County Legislature approves Palm Tree re... Sep 8 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1
News Trio indicted in fatal Newburgh shooting Aug 25 Buginfested 1
News What's new in the business scene (Dec '11) Aug 25 Really 11
Look who's a Sgt of of the Harriman Police Dep... Aug 25 Harriman Joke Dep... 1
Review: Pleasure Island (Nov '09) Aug 24 Debbie Greene 21

West Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages