Washingtonville High School principal...

Washingtonville High School principal charged with sexual abuse of 16-year-old

There are 166 comments on the Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Washingtonville High School principal charged with sexual abuse of 16-year-old. In it, Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record reports that:

Washingtonville High School Principal Michael J. Rossi was arrested Monday night and charged with having inappropriate sexual contact with a 16-year-old boy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record.

Another Former Student

Chicopee, MA

#42 Oct 21, 2010
I'd just like to repeat some of the things that have already been stated. Mr Rossi was my coach & teacher at Hastings High School. Myself and many other students were in numerous situations in many different settings with him. I never once felt uncomfotable, and he never conducted himself with anything except for the utmost integrity! He was a role model for many students and I can think of many that would never have graduated if it were not for the Hastings Alternative School Program which he directed. Believe me I will be as angry and disgusted or more as some of the people that posted here if the facts come out and this is true. But if anyone deserves judgment to be held until the facts are known it is Mr Rossi who has done so much for so many,
Hastings 07 Graduate

Cocoa, FL

#43 Oct 21, 2010
First of all, i would like to say that i agree with many of the people before talking about how this is just an accusation and not to judge before there is a conviction or some sort of evidence. I also want to say being a former student and graduating 07 that Mr.Rossi wouldn't do anything of the sort and fool around with lil boys because there was a situation at our school where a student (Mr.Austin) has had the same accusation with the help of officials and the school handled it well and the guy was fired and his rep was tarnished. After seeing that, do you really believe that Mr.Rossi, a married man, after seeing those consequences that teacher had to deal with would really go and do something so low? give yourself a second to evaluate the situation before you go forth and make an accusation, or at least wait and see what the outcome is in the end. Again, Mr. Rossi is a great man and has been a great role model to former students that went to Hastings High School, and already has made accomplishments at Washington, don't let one little boy help ruin his rep untill he is proven guilty.
so sad

Nyack, NY

#44 Oct 21, 2010
former hastings student wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Rossi was qualified in helping 'troubled' kids. He started an amazing program at Hastings High School called HASP. The program is still going and has helped so many teens, myself included, to graduate and give us a chance when no one else would. Even after he left HASP to become the vice principle he still took interest in it and all the students in it like he ran it. If he was a pedophile than why in over 20yrs of teaching has this NEVER happened. I know he's inocent. He has to be. he's an amazing guy and you all will see when this ends. WE LOVE YOU MR.ROSSI!
He CONFESSED to police. He DID do this. He did text the boy relentlessly, and with inappropriate content. He texted the boy that he wanted to see him shirtless doing push-ups in his office. He DID have the boy in his car alone on a school holiday. He did all this without the boy's parent's consent. Again, just because he's never been accused or caught before does not mean he didn't do it! Pull your head out of the sand. Sometimes seemingly good people do very bad things. Bill Clinton did. Priests have. People's next door neighbors who say hello over the fence and seem perfectly nice have. Female teachers in residential treatment facilities have. We trust these people. And they might appear wonderful and do some great things. But that doesn't make it impossible for them to commit a crime.
former coworker

Bedminster, NJ

#45 Oct 21, 2010
Mr Rossi has never carried himself with anything but grace and integrity since I've known him since 2005. He helped me so many times one on one to make me a better educator and more comfortable as an employee. His kindness and compassion for others has made me a better person and leader of young people. Its no coincidence that so many others have written similar similar accounts to this one. Because he is a wonderful person and hopefully the truth will set the record strait. What ever happens Mike, know that you are respected and cared for. Good luck my friend...
so sad

Nyack, NY

#46 Oct 21, 2010
former hastings student wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Rossi was qualified in helping 'troubled' kids. He started an amazing program at Hastings High School called HASP. The program is still going and has helped so many teens, myself included, to graduate and give us a chance when no one else would. Even after he left HASP to become the vice principle he still took interest in it and all the students in it like he ran it. If he was a pedophile than why in over 20yrs of teaching has this NEVER happened. I know he's inocent. He has to be. he's an amazing guy and you all will see when this ends. WE LOVE YOU MR.ROSSI!
Did the HASP program involve round the clock text messages with inappropriate content and private meetings off school grounds on school holidays in his car?
Local

Newburgh, NY

#47 Oct 21, 2010
If what they're saying about the text messages is true, he's toast. Simple as that.

Since: Oct 10

Mountain Home, ID

#48 Oct 21, 2010
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the HASP program involve round the clock text messages with inappropriate content and private meetings off school grounds on school holidays in his car?
do you believe EVERYTHING the MEDIA says???? obv. you do which is so very sad. this kid is looking for attention and you're giving it to him! he never admitted to touching him! you're just assuming that because the media is. people like you sit around and believe the medias every word making this world full of drama and lies. THINK FOR YOURSELF! have YOU PERSONALLY READ THE TEXTS?!?!?!? no didnt think so....
no one is that good of a pedophile to NEVER get caught IF this is true it would have happened before. and he would have gotten caught. more people would be coming forward right now!

oh and btw you compared him to pres. clinton REALLY?!?!? hes an adult and so was she its a completely diff situation!
former student

Orlando, FL

#49 Oct 21, 2010
That kid should be considered very lucky to have any type of association with Mr.Rossi, just cause hes so nice, if he really wanted to, he can touch and text me all day...in all areas! enough said about this man, live your lives.
former student

Orlando, FL

#50 Oct 21, 2010
i was joking, but foreal, this kid wants attention
former student

Lodi, NJ

#51 Oct 21, 2010
monroe mom wrote:
i agree with East Haven 5, the fact that a high school principal would be texting a 16 year old student is inappropriate to begin with and therefore will lead one to believe the worst. Teenage boys have better things to do then make up a lie of this magnitude. I hope this sick man confesses quickly and saves the tax payers money and time.
things to do than accu
Mr. Rossi is a former teacher and baseball coach of mine and I can tell you he had a very open relationship with all of his students that never approached inappropriate. He would give rides home to students or come for dinner if there was a family issue he felt needed attention. This took place in a small town. Our entire school had 300 students. It wasn't uncommon for teachers to have interactions with their teachers/coaches outside the classroom/field. We regularly ran into teachers in supermarkets or parks etc. Please be careful about what you say about this man. His reputation is at stake and if he didn't do it and is innocent this will still make an everlasting brand in the community. Remember the DUKE lacross team? Everyone thought they did it and in the end it turned out they clearly didn't. Monroe Mom please be careful when you start accusing this man of things. There are people who are reading this who had love him and think very dearly of him, and maybe even his family. They don't need to read that.
Anonymous

Saugerties, NY

#52 Oct 21, 2010
I happen to be a student at Washingtonville High School. Mr. Rossi in my mind would be the last person to do this kind of thing. Kids around the school all know that the victim has be suspended many times and kicked off the football team twice for drug use. The victim is nothing but trouble. There is also talk about how the texting was done from a computer (via aol instant chat) and was sent to the victim's phone. It was not actually from Mr. Rossi's phone. They have yet to check his computer or the victims computer for anything on this. If the kid is lying then this kid has successfully ruined a man's career. Nice going asshole.
a concerned American

Piscataway, NJ

#53 Oct 21, 2010
a conserned father wrote:
This Rossi guy is the lowest form of human that can be. The parents of this kids should hang him by his Ba**s. I hope he rots in jail and Tyron and Jermaine will take his manhood away. Hey Rossi what ever evil you do to others it comes back to you. GOD DONT LIKE UGLY> P.S. Just feel horrible for your wife and kid(s). What a nice place to work when you are a pedophile.
"its people like you and the total moron below who have made this country the sad scary place it is....not people like Mr. Rossi who has done nothing but try to help kids all his life. You sound like you could be the parents of the SICK kid who would lie about something like this and ruin a good person's life. Crawl back under the rock you came out from. We don't need any more losers in the world like you"

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#54 Oct 21, 2010
Student wrote:
I went to Washingtonville High School for four years and have had many encounter with Principal Rossi. He's a good guy and a great principal, so before you start making these slanders about him and his family. Lets get to the bottom of this because if I had met you (concerned father) and made these random accustions about you when I was 16 you would be in the same position he's in. He has done nothing, but made postive changes to Washingtonville school and has my full support
My question to you is were you in the same room with the principal and the student? If you weren't then you need to be quiet and let this investigation to take place.

Let me tell you something. When my sister was in middle school, many people thought the principal was a great guy, and he was highly respected. However, little did they know that this so-called principal was sexually abusing girls who got in trouble. He told them that he wouldn't call their parents if they committed some sexual acts with him. Meanwhile, the staff and parents like yourself thought this guy was a great principal. He was such a gentlemen while in the presence of parents. One day when my sister was in gym class, this slime bag came in and stood way in the back, thinking no one was looking at him. My sister caught him watching a young girl and staring her up and down like he wanted to eat her. Mind you, these were middle school students (7th and 8th grade) ages 12 & 13. So you see, just because a school principal seems like a respected family man doesn't mean he is. Of course they're going to put on their best behavior in front of you and others, but this guy may have some deep, dark secrets you don't even know about.
Sean

Flushing, NY

#55 Oct 21, 2010
Texting is a new tool and all types of people text, it's an easy way to communicate with out conflict. Some teachers have favorites and kids their trying to help out. I have friends that parents knew Rossi would drive them to school because they couldn't handle their child. He's good guy in my book. If he's guilty, he's gotta pay the price, and DAMB! That's weird Ross!!
Roosi was my teacher in Hastings for 3 years and never did anything innapropriate. He actually went out of his way to stress the issue of sexual harassment and not to engage in it in any form.
The truth will come out and hope the kid was lying!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#56 Oct 21, 2010
a concerned American wrote:
<quoted text>"its people like you and the total moron below who have made this country the sad scary place it is....not people like Mr. Rossi who has done nothing but try to help kids all his life. You sound like you could be the parents of the SICK kid who would lie about something like this and ruin a good person's life. Crawl back under the rock you came out from. We don't need any more losers in the world like you"
I don't know if he actually committed this crime or not, but really, don't assume that because he helped so many students that he's not capable of doing this. This is one of the main reasons why so many kids refuse to tell their parents if they were sexually abused by a school staff. They think no one will believe them because they hold such a person with high regards. So they quietly suffer and personalities drastically changes for the worse.
supportRosssi

Maybrook, NY

#57 Oct 21, 2010
There is no finer man than Mike Rossi. He is a devoted administrator, who strives to do all that he can for children. Mike Rossi is all about family, faith and being the best person he can be. All of you who are just running your mouths know nothing about this man. We should all strive to be more like Mike Rossi. The world is a better place because of him. As for the incident in question Mr Rossi has done nothing wrong. It is merely the accusations of a sick child who was trying to extort money and ruin the career of an incredible human being. The truth will prevail and Mike Rossi will continue to hold his head high!
Sister Dole

Newburgh, NY

#58 Oct 21, 2010
Dear conserned father from Rochester and concerned mother from NYC...

Might I ask if you have ever stepped foot in the 'Ville or even heard of the WHS Wizards until reading this Juicy Gossip?

Things will always be said about people, but a their character is always revealed by those who know the person the best.

It is a real tragedy for this to come out no matter who is telling the Truth and who is Lying. It always comes down to one person's word against another. But justice will always prevail, because Truth can't hide for too long.

It is a travesty and dishonor to Washingtonville, either way. If the allegations are true it ruins WHS's reputation, and if they are not it is shameful for this student to make-up such lies, and will still ruin Principal Rossi's reputation either way. Unfortunately, things like this happen more than many wish to realize these days in every small town, big city, college, or corporation. That is the worst tragedy of all.

And in the end opinions don't really matter, so try to bite your tongue a bit, because rudeness never got anyone anywhere in life.

Because what if you were falsely charged of the same thing?
HASP 99

Calgary, Canada

#59 Oct 21, 2010
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. But this is a guy who would bang on your door to wake you up for detention ( if u were in danger of suspension or worse )
This is a guy who came to at least 2 of my friends funerals, and hugged us. I'm the first person to say that Age innapropriate sexual relations deserves severe punishment, and I stand by that no matter what my bias..
HOWEVER ( and heres my bias)if there is anyone whom ive come across in my 15 + years as an acedemic, that deserves an elevated degree of what we call the "benefit of the doubt".. Its Rossi.

He is also the kind of person that would make an honest admission to a "mistake" or committed crime. I honestly do not doubt that.

Sad for the victim and his family if thats what this is and tho $$$ wont make up for it.. somebody should still get a check.
Diane

New Windsor, NY

#60 Oct 21, 2010
WoW who made you judge and jury! Your right God don't like UGLY and you'll get your for making such ugly comments without knowing if the poor guy is guilty.Concerned parent my @ss more like UGLY parent!
Diane

New Windsor, NY

#61 Oct 21, 2010
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
He CONFESSED to police. He DID do this. He did text the boy relentlessly, and with inappropriate content. He texted the boy that he wanted to see him shirtless doing push-ups in his office. He DID have the boy in his car alone on a school holiday. He did all this without the boy's parent's consent. Again, just because he's never been accused or caught before does not mean he didn't do it! Pull your head out of the sand. Sometimes seemingly good people do very bad things. Bill Clinton did. Priests have. People's next door neighbors who say hello over the fence and seem perfectly nice have. Female teachers in residential treatment facilities have. We trust these people. And they might appear wonderful and do some great things. But that doesn't make it impossible for them to commit a crime.
I'd love to know where you got all your information from? Perhaps some gossip. shame on you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Defender of yeshivas should face the painful facts Wed LOUAL 4
Mayor Kennedy is dead. Apr 15 Realist 1
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Apr 12 Fredt 20
News Cantor: MacArthur continues to struggle as othe... Apr 3 pipe layer 16
Commute to NYC Mar 21 guest 1
Lori whyte Mar '18 Shhhh 1
Who has that right now? Mar '18 Thatguy84 1

West Point Jobs

Personal Finance

West Point Mortgages