Obama says US needs allies with it in Afghanistan

May 22, 2010 Full story: The Topeka Capital-Journal 20

President Barack Obama on Saturday told graduating cadets eventually headed for war that their country needs allies standing with the U.S. in Afghanistan at a time when some nations are questioning their commitment to that fight and the costs of war.

Full Story

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Winter Garden, FL

#1 May 22, 2010
End the War! Already 1000 Killed In Afghanistan!!!!

Stop trying to drag more into your Quagmire!!!!

Winter Garden, FL

#2 May 22, 2010
Obama’s Afghanistan strategy: familiar and still wrong

By ALLISON KILKENNY
Dec. 1 2009 -

President Obama has issued orders for the implementation of his Afghanistan strategy to military officials and cabinet members.

The plans include sending 55,000 additional US troops to Afghanistan (when counting the 21,000 he dispatched last winter shortly after his inauguration) as part of Obama’s grand scheme to “finish the job.” After this new escalation, more than half of the 100,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan will have been sent by Obama.

http://trueslant.com/allisonkilkenny/2009/12/...

What does “finish” and “the job” mean? Perhaps the president will enlighten us tonight during his speech at West Point, but for now, one has to assume the declaration in part means to build up the Afghanistan government and the military. It’s time for those Afghans to start taking some personal responsibility!

Winter Garden, FL

#3 May 22, 2010
CONT: Obama’s Afghanistan strategy: familiar and still wrong

By ALLISON KILKENNY
Dec. 1 2009 -

“While tomorrow night’s speech will have many audiences … a senior administration official tells ABC Newsone key message will resonate with all of them:‘The era of the blank check for President Karzai is over... The president will talk about, this not being ‘an open ended commitment’…”

As Greenwald points out, this chatter is all very familiar. President Bush said of those freeloading Iraqis:

I have made it clear to the Prime Minister and Iraq’s other leaders that America’s commitment is not open-ended. If the Iraqi government does not follow through on its promises, it will lose the support of the American people — and it will lose the support of the Iraqi people. Now is the time to act.

And that’s not the only similarity. Obama’s Afghanistan goals and promises are virtually identical to Bush’s Iraq plans:

* A demand by the Occupier for the Occupied to take personal responsibility for the chaotic aftermath of their society, which was destroyed by the Occupier:
Gladys

Chesapeake, VA

#4 May 22, 2010
I feel really sorry for these Patriotic Americans who, someday may have to fight for our freedom, to have to listen to this American Hating President. They have no confidence in this administration.
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#5 May 22, 2010
Black Hussein Obama said we need more allies, how true.

We sure don't have any allies in our liberal/fascist politicians which includes Hussein Obama and Congress, as well as the media.

This bunch is undermining the war on islamofascism. They support the enemy.

With Hussein Obama's blessings, there are hidden black islamic terrorists within the officer ranks of our military. Political correctness permits them to operate with virtual immunity.

Is it because Hussein Obama is aso a radical muslim/islamic?
rocky

United States

#6 May 22, 2010
Where are the daily american death toll numbers that were continually posted by the liberal press when Bush was president.You hardly hear a peep now about amreican losses.I quess it is now okay for americans to die now that the potus is in charge.What happened to the promise that he would bring the troops home?Instead he has escalated the war in Afganistan with no end in sight.Where are the Cindy Sheehans of the world with their war protests?It is amazing that the messiah is getting a pass from the liberal press.Also,I see that Gitmo is still open and that we are still holding prisoners in undisclosed locations overseas.
DJM

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 22, 2010
rocky wrote:
Where are the daily american death toll numbers that were continually posted by the liberal press when Bush was president.You hardly hear a peep now about amreican losses.I quess it is now okay for americans to die now that the potus is in charge.What happened to the promise that he would bring the troops home?Instead he has escalated the war in Afganistan with no end in sight.Where are the Cindy Sheehans of the world with their war protests?It is amazing that the messiah is getting a pass from the liberal press.Also,I see that Gitmo is still open and that we are still holding prisoners in undisclosed locations overseas.
aggree
obvious media bias if you dare to see it
the left never will

Winter Garden, FL

#8 May 22, 2010
Gladys wrote:
I feel really sorry for these Patriotic Americans who, someday may have to fight for our freedom, to have to listen to this American Hating President. They have no confidence in this administration.
Why don't you feel sorry for the Soldiers sent of to Die in a worthless sweaty hole called Afghanistan for a Treasonous president that's already signed a CIA order to Kill a US citizen without a court case or any due process?

Obama is trying real hard to be like LBJ in his Vietnam quest.
lets see

Pembroke, NC

#9 May 22, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
you know just months ago iheard the rallying cry of stay the coarse and calling everyone who did not agree with you a terrorist.
why the change of heart?
Drink The Hive

Orlando, FL

#10 May 22, 2010
The W.House Child Say' Or The He Read It?
Tony

Tampa, FL

#11 May 22, 2010
Hey, O-bribe-a, how bout your new loud mouth buddy from mexico jumping in afganistan......

I hear him b*tching about everything, but, I don't see him or his country do anything but whine and look for a free ride.
Dingo

Roseville, CA

#12 May 22, 2010
So you being a Moron, failed to look into the mirror and you profess yourself pretty.., You are sad.

Why didn't GW Bush accomplish the mission in Afghanistan?, wait, he did according you, you saw a picture of "Mission Accomplished", right?
the Messiah wrote:
Dingo

Roseville, CA

#13 May 22, 2010
Are you hiding Osama Bin Lidden under your trailer or is he working on GW Bush Ranch?

You remember what happened to Japan when the Japs attacked us?, we nuked the bastards and they bow down and signed that treaty on the " USS Missouri (BB-63)("Mighty Mo" or "Big Mo") with General Douglas McArthur So what did GW Bush do when America was attacked.., he tried a magic trick by Invading IRAQ. He fooled you, didn't he... GW Bush landed with the Navy uniform he longed to wear but he was a coward when his country called...
Tony wrote:
Hey, O-bribe-a, how bout your new loud mouth buddy from mexico jumping in afganistan......
I hear him b*tching about everything, but, I don't see him or his country do anything but whine and look for a free ride.
Shady Lady

Mchenry, IL

#14 May 22, 2010
President Bush had 37 Coutries join us in Iraq in 2003. Obama can't even get the Salvation Army to join him.
Dingo

Roseville, CA

#15 May 22, 2010
List those 37 countries?
and list how many troops those 37 fantasy countries.. contributed..

I like the term another poster said, "coliation of the debacle"
Shady Lady wrote:
President Bush had 37 Coutries join us in Iraq in 2003. Obama can't even get the Salvation Army to join him.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#16 May 23, 2010
Dingo wrote:
Are you hiding Osama Bin Lidden under your trailer or is he working on GW Bush Ranch?
You remember what happened to Japan when the Japs attacked us?, we nuked the bastards and they bow down and signed that treaty on the " USS Missouri (BB-63)("Mighty Mo" or "Big Mo") with General Douglas McArthur So what did GW Bush do when America was attacked.., he tried a magic trick by Invading IRAQ. He fooled you, didn't he... GW Bush landed with the Navy uniform he longed to wear but he was a coward when his country called...
<quoted text>
are you the last one to learn osama is working in the whitehouse as an advisor to obama on afganistan.
Glasnos

Deltona, FL

#17 May 23, 2010
Once again Obama playing politics over what is smart and practical. Having many nations looks good, but is impractical. Each country has it's own rules ... their troops will do only this ... or engage the enemy only under these conditions ... no way to fight a war. It becomes a UN headache ... bogged down and little gets done.
In fact, it's why US military has had so much trouble in the last 60 years ... too many lawyers and politicians making rules and judgements.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#18 May 23, 2010
I remember the "Coalition of the Willing"...what happened to that?
LOL

Tampa, FL

#19 May 23, 2010
OneRyder wrote:
I remember the "Coalition of the Willing"...what happened to that?
they figured out obama was looking for someone to blame when he fails.....

blaming Bush won't wash outside of the USA.
Shady Lady

Barrington, IL

#21 May 23, 2010
Google Iraq war/Multi Nationals. There was only 36 other countries, but I thought there were 37. At any rate Obama still cannot get anyone to follow him except some left-overs from the Bush days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 25 min frilled2b 6,430
Lexington Hills Condos (Sep '06) Sep 14 mike 151
First same-sex wedding of men happening Saturda... (Nov '13) Sep 12 Don Brown 6
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
Elliot Rodger RIP Sep 10 Jimmy Rustle 9
Hasidic investors propose 566-home development ... Sep 9 Wvilleresident 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 8 positronium 6,387
•••

West Point News Video

•••
•••

West Point Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

West Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE