Marlboro schools raise taxes sharply

Aug 22, 2008 Full story: RecordOnline.com 43

The bad news will hit mailboxes here in about two weeks: School taxes are going up more than 30 percent.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Local

Newburgh, NY

#41 Jan 28, 2013
3kids64 wrote:
You really have no idea what you are talking about. Some people that teach in Newburgh in particular have nursing degrees, auto mechanic certifications, etc and yes they can work elsewhere for more money. Get off your angry rant it gets redundant.
What percentage do you suppose that might be, 10%. MAYBE? Where would all those elementary school teachers find work in the real world? Social studies teacher? Gym teachers? English teachers? Shall I continue?

The FACT is that government teachers, by and large, wouldn't survive a day in the real world, which is why the VAST majority of them aspired to government employment and literally living the life of child, carried through life on the backs of their neighbors.

The emperor has no clothes...
Marlboro citizens

Danielson, CT

#42 Mar 26, 2013
happier in ct

Waltham, MA

#43 Apr 5, 2013
If you dont like high taxes, you should move outta ny state. I grew up and marlboro, and left because of the high taxes. I now live in a much wealthier rural town im upstate CT and i couldn't be happier. For a 2000 sq ft house in litchfield county with 3the acres, you only pay 2,500 bucks a year total for taxes. Yes thats both school and property taxes, and the schools are wonderful. Get out of marlboro and ny state. Its a sinking ship

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alvarez guilty in gang slaying (Dec '08) Oct 15 thetruthlives 9
Review: Caliber Imports Oct 14 Johnnymongo 2
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Oct 9 Tony 8
Newburgh-Beacon bridge suicide on 3/17/20014 (Mar '14) Oct 9 Deborah 9
Mama Rose thompson Hovick (Gypsy Rose Lee) site... (May '08) Oct 5 George CCHS 1965 49
First same-sex wedding of men happening Saturda... (Nov '13) Sep '14 Don Brown 6
Highland Falls schools lose aid, short $2.2M (Feb '10) Jun '14 Anonymous 2

West Point News Video

West Point Dating
Find my Match

West Point Jobs

West Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Point News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Point

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]