Middle Class Dude

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Is the middle class doomed to fade out of existence leaving only the rich and the poor to inhabit the Earth?
Happy Feet

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Sadly yes! I watched a video called newamerica3.com just last night and I have to say it really opened my eyes as to what is happening in our country.
Underdunk

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Judged:

Middle Class Dude wrote:
Is the middle class doomed to fade out of existence leaving only the rich and the poor to inhabit the Earth?
Maybe, if we start taxing the rich thier fair share say 1995 rate, stop trying to police the world, make sure we never fight another war who's sole purpose was to line the pockets of defense contractors and big oil, and create another "new deal" like FDR did. Protecting the poor and reestablishing the middle class should be the priority not allowing billionares to skirt thier taxes
the

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

republicans need to get rid of the teabaggers in the house who are deliberately blocking the recovery

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Sadly no it won't when there is a liberal Muslim in office....
FYI

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

It will get worse before it gets better.

China and India, the two most populous nations in the world, are currently experiencing their 'industrial revolutions' that the U.S. Experienced over 100 years ago. These periods in history are the fertilizer for growth of the middle class.

This burgeoning middle class in the two most populous countries now want to upgrade their lifestyles with the American currency that we have been paying for their goods and services with for decades.

For instance, China recently imported 'only' 1.5 billion bushels of U.S. Corn - good for American farmers, right? In a mere 3 years, it is estimates that China will import 12 billion bushels of U.S. Corn!

One expert said that, unless U.S: farmers can increase their production 8 FOLD, the average American will not be able to afford chicken, pork, or beef, as corn is their primary source of feed. Have a drought here and there and the prices go up from their. NOT a very bright future - laws of supply and demand.

The middle class has been shrinking for decades. The majority, percentage-wise, will fall into the 'working poor.'

Others, filled with despair over the lack of opportunity brought about by competitive forces in the marketplace (compounded by lack of education and valuable skill levels) will fall to welfare program levles and require society to support them until they upgrade their skill set and/or education. Yet, others will turn to drugs and alcohol in an attempt to dull the growing despair of a dead-end job with no actual plan for a brighter future - so they reach out for the false promise of 'Hope and Change'... and the suction of the downward-spiraling vortex grows stronger and stronger as America screams toward it's destiny upon the scrap heap of history - joining The British Empire, The Ottoman Empire, and The Roman Empire. Who was it? Nero fiddled while Rome burned?

If AMERICANS don't pull their heads out of their @$$e$ and educate themselves, and get GOD and family values back in their lives, sadly, they deserve what they get. MANY have ignorantly chosen their own destiny, for it is ONLY them - individually and collectively - that can change the course of history ... but they might have to miss an episode or two of 'American Idol,' or the like, to do so.

If that's as much as they care about their future, and the future of their children and grandchildren, then why should any of the rest of us?

The cycle is perpetuated and the beat goes on....

FYI

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

PS - I hate auto-correct. It makes us look like we can't spell simple words or know proper word forms... and I do not proofread such long and rambling thoughts that I free from my thoughts LOL
Donna

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

individual economy will never improve most of the America people dumb and lazy!
TheDude

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

It's not going to change until we change and throw away that dirty diaper known as DC.

We're long over due for setting term limits for congress. It was meant to be about service, not serving their own interests.
cad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

FYI wrote:
It will get worse before it gets better.
China and India, the two most populous nations in the world, are currently experiencing their 'industrial revolutions' that the U.S. Experienced over 100 years ago. These periods in history are the fertilizer for growth of the middle class.
This burgeoning middle class in the two most populous countries now want to upgrade their lifestyles with the American currency that we have been paying for their goods and services with for decades.
For instance, China recently imported 'only' 1.5 billion bushels of U.S. Corn - good for American farmers, right? In a mere 3 years, it is estimates that China will import 12 billion bushels of U.S. Corn!
One expert said that, unless U.S: farmers can increase their production 8 FOLD, the average American will not be able to afford chicken, pork, or beef, as corn is their primary source of feed. Have a drought here and there and the prices go up from their. NOT a very bright future - laws of supply and demand.
The middle class has been shrinking for decades. The majority, percentage-wise, will fall into the 'working poor.'
Others, filled with despair over the lack of opportunity brought about by competitive forces in the marketplace (compounded by lack of education and valuable skill levels) will fall to welfare program levles and require society to support them until they upgrade their skill set and/or education. Yet, others will turn to drugs and alcohol in an attempt to dull the growing despair of a dead-end job with no actual plan for a brighter future - so they reach out for the false promise of 'Hope and Change'... and the suction of the downward-spiraling vortex grows stronger and stronger as America screams toward it's destiny upon the scrap heap of history - joining The British Empire, The Ottoman Empire, and The Roman Empire. Who was it? Nero fiddled while Rome burned?
If AMERICANS don't pull their heads out of their @$$e$ and educate themselves, and get GOD and family values back in their lives, sadly, they deserve what they get. MANY have ignorantly chosen their own destiny, for it is ONLY them - individually and collectively - that can change the course of history ... but they might have to miss an episode or two of 'American Idol,' or the like, to do so.
If that's as much as they care about their future, and the future of their children and grandchildren, then why should any of the rest of us?
The cycle is perpetuated and the beat goes on....
. It is so right on.
Crystal

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

cad wrote:
<quoted text>. It is so right on.
www.blacklistednews.com
Getrid

Seymour, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Of walmart. Problems solved.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

No
nope

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I'ts only going to get worst and will not be getting better period , end of sentence . Trust me .
Inside Out

Mansfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Do you feel like you're improving?
Are you doing your job better?
Are you treating other people better?
Are you less judgmental toward others?

...look in the mirror. It starts with me and you -- the individual person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What do people think bout Haylie Parscal? She d... (Mar '10) 25 min too easy 11
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 92,009
How can you let a man come before you girls Mrs... 3 hr grade school argument 11
Local shooting 6 hr bube 3
Democrats 12 hr Hell yah 4
i need help 12 hr Hell yah 6
The old Pinebrook Inn Siloam Springs (Apr '13) 14 hr Owner from 2009 to 2013 71
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Plains Jobs

•••
•••
•••