Concerned resident

Ozark, MO

#1 Dec 18, 2012
What's with the flyovers or whatever they are? Heard, but couldn't see, what sounds like a stealth jet or something very fast (started west to east, then east to west, and then west to east again, and with the last left a sort of loop of chemtrail-like clouds) go over our area on 12/6/12. It happened again just now, started west going east, then came back from the east and the sound sort of just stopped overhead and faded out, but didn't sound like it went any further west. Just too weird. Went outside both incidents to see if I could see anything, but saw absolutely nothing. Clear sky this morning and it was partially cloudy on 12/6/12, but at that time if there was a plane of some sort, I would think we should have been able to see the plane travel between the clouds. Anyone else hear these sounds too or even get to see anything that caused them?
yep

Hollister, MO

#2 Dec 18, 2012
I heard them too. I live north of town and hear/see them often, though it does seem to be more frequent since this summer. Nothing to be alarmed about. West Plains just happens to be in their 'fly zone' where they practice.
Me too

Ozark, MO

#3 Dec 18, 2012
We're 5 miles out and heard it too. I thought it was a jet, got outside and heard what sounded like a chopper with jet boosters. It sounded like it landed just over the hill, and took off again a few min later. Definitely WAS NOT air evac, but I could never see it. It sounded like it was on my roof!
Wondering

Canada

#4 Dec 18, 2012
I have been hearing them all day too. I wonder if the military is running some drills.??
Wylie

Calvin, OK

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Folks, please accept my sincerest apologies. You see, I have recently been cooking up big olí pots of down home beans, Yíall know how good they are ... Well, sadly, so does my wife. I honestly do try and keep an eye on her but sometimes she can be downright sneaky.
Iím sure most of you have encountered that somewhat unpleasant abdominal discomfort after a plate or two of those heavenly legumes. Well, the little woman is no different. Uh, sortta. She just canít quit after a plate or two. No, she has to sneak around and ingest the whole pot ...

Remember when you were a kid and youíd blow a balloon up as tight as you could get it and then pinch off the pucker end of it and then suddenly release it and be entertained as it erratically soared all about the premises?

Yep.

You got it.

That was she you all observed bouncing around the skies and totally disrupting the Peace and Serenity of The Greater Ozarkian Plateau ...
It might be a little disconcerting to observe such a display in the great outdoors, but you ainít seen nothiní till you observe her ariel exacerbations within the confines of a rather small and fully furnished front parlor ...

I shall endeavor to curtail her future activities ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr mEAT me in st louie 104,092
Ledbetter Puppy Mill 18 hr grave digger 2
Bootleggers B-B-Q 20 hr Wtfever 72
I'll betbyou think this Topix is about you Wed grave digger 2
Best and worst doctors at OMC Tue grave digger 29
mothers day May 3 grave digger 5
Cloud 9 ranch membership for sale (May '14) May 2 wantagoccampin 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages