Badgering Sebelius wrong

Badgering Sebelius wrong

There are 6 comments on the Springfield News-Leader story from Nov 6, 2013, titled Badgering Sebelius wrong. In it, Springfield News-Leader reports that:

She won't go on the exchanges because she has employer-provided insurance. The exchanges are for people who don't have affordable health insurance provided partially or completely by their provider, or those who can't afford what is currently available to them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News-Leader.

me the me

Kimberling City, MO

#1 Nov 19, 2013
I think a lot of "badgering" should be applied to state and federal members of government who have done, and are currently doing, everything in their power to block people they are supposed to represent from access to health care. Everyone is up in arms that the federal healthcare website does not work properly. If all the states had set up their own exchanges the need for a federal site would be moot. If the state governments would all allow the Medicaid expansion to go through then hundreds of thousands of people who do not have access to medical treatment would be able to have that access. The blame and the "badgering" needs to be redirected to those who truly deserve it. They should all be ashamed of themselves for their lack of caring for people in need of what should be a basic human right. Instead they are so proud of themselves for denying medical insurance and thus medical care for children, elderly, and the working poor.
grave digger

Kirbyville, MO

#2 Nov 19, 2013
Your out look is way off,,,you say all these people without health care will have health care if this goverment control takes place,,,well your wrong,,,in America and in every corner of every state,,,any American could and can walk into any ER and get free health care,,,and when your there that hospital will sign you up for medicaid,,,state run medicaid,,,they always have,,,and once the people are on medicaid they can use that medicaid and go to any doctor they want,,,so the democrats saying there is 40 milion people un isnsured is wrong,,,every poor person in this country has always been on some kind of state welfare help,,,obamacare is goverment control and thats all it is,,,cuz if it was a good thing,,,then with obamacare,,,if the welfare systems went down and not up,,,,obamacare would be a good thing,,,plain and simple,,,all it does is make everyone give money to the insurance companies at what the insurance companies say they want,,,the grave digger doesnt agree in abortions,,,but have to now support abortions,,,wont have anymore children,,,but have to support the people who decide to now,,,it will never stop and your right of choice just went out the window,,,thats not America no more,,,maybe the dumbo obama and the lefty idiots would of created a stronger country with making more jobs so everyone coud work and we wouldnt have these welfare problems in any state,,,but no,,,they played their lefty control games and all got filthy rich,,,obamacare just made things worse for every American,,,now go pay what a insurance company decides you should pay for your healthcare,,,,
Alex Drones

Walnut Shade, MO

#3 Nov 19, 2013
Rep. Cory Gardner tweeted today

"Unbelievable: I was told at @HouseCommerce hearing that 60-70% of http://healthcare.gov still needs to be built."

We can spy on the world, but we can't build a website.
grave digger

Kirbyville, MO

#4 Nov 19, 2013
Alex Drones wrote:
Rep. Cory Gardner tweeted today
"Unbelievable: I was told at @HouseCommerce hearing that 60-70% of http://healthcare.gov still needs to be built."
We can spy on the world, but we can't build a website.
is this rep a democrat?,,,cuz the dumbo should of known that cuz the dip poop democrats all voted for this wonderfull sham of a law,,,the law that is going to handle everyones healthcare but cant even get off the ground after 3 yrs and 500 million tax payers dollers,,,vote for anyone else in the next elections other then a democrat,,,,
Gov of Apes

West Plains, MO

#5 Nov 19, 2013
me the me wrote:
I think a lot of "badgering" should be applied to state and federal members of government who have done, and are currently doing, everything in their power to block people they are supposed to represent from access to health care. Everyone is up in arms that the federal healthcare website does not work properly. If all the states had set up their own exchanges the need for a federal site would be moot. If the state governments would all allow the Medicaid expansion to go through then hundreds of thousands of people who do not have access to medical treatment would be able to have that access. The blame and the "badgering" needs to be redirected to those who truly deserve it. They should all be ashamed of themselves for their lack of caring for people in need of what should be a basic human right. Instead they are so proud of themselves for denying medical insurance and thus medical care for children, elderly, and the working poor.
Does kind of put it in perspective.

March 21, 2010 to October 1, 2013 is

3 years, 6 months, 10 days.

December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is

3 years, 5 months, 1 day.

What this means is that in the time we were attacked at Pearl Harbor to the day Germany surrendered is not enough time for this federal government to build a working website.

Mobilization of millions, building tens of thousands of tanks, planes, jeeps, subs, cruisers, destroyers, torpedoes, millions upon millions of guns, bombs, ammo, etc. Turning the tide in North Africa, Invading Italy, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Race to Berlin - all while we were also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific!

.and they can't build a health care website.
Sheila

West Plains, MO

#6 Nov 19, 2013
grave digger wrote:
Your out look is way off,,,you say all these people without health care will have health care if this goverment control takes place,,,well your wrong,,,in America and in every corner of every state,,,any American could and can walk into any ER and get free health care,,,and when your there that hospital will sign you up for medicaid,,,state run medicaid,,,they always have,,,and once the people are on medicaid they can use that medicaid and go to any doctor they want,,,so the democrats saying there is 40 milion people un isnsured is wrong,,,every poor person in this country has always been on some kind of state welfare help,,,obamacare is goverment control and thats all it is,,,cuz if it was a good thing,,,then with obamacare,,,if the welfare systems went down and not up,,,,obamacare would be a good thing,,,plain and simple,,,all it does is make everyone give money to the insurance companies at what the insurance companies say they want,,,the grave digger doesnt agree in abortions,,,but have to now support abortions,,,wont have anymore children,,,but have to support the people who decide to now,,,it will never stop and your right of choice just went out the window,,,thats not America no more,,,maybe the dumbo obama and the lefty idiots would of created a stronger country with making more jobs so everyone coud work and we wouldnt have these welfare problems in any state,,,but no,,,they played their lefty control games and all got filthy rich,,,obamacare just made things worse for every American,,,now go pay what a insurance company decides you should pay for your healthcare,,,,
Better look into your Medicaid laws. You have to make nothing and be disabled to get it unless you are a child. MedicId laws changed years ago. They don't want us to have health insurance. If we have any property then it will go to pay medical bills if you have any. They want us broke and dying so they can thin the population and make more money. Pretty damn sad! No government money is supposed to be going for abortions. The health insurance is not affordable for anyone. It's based on income. It's so expensive and the deductibles are so high, no one can afford it. If we could afford health insurance now, we would have if. I pay $110 for a low level office visit. Anything extra runs about $160 more. I don't think the government should tell us we have to have it unless they will actually make it affordable!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DRS Technologies Wins $34 Million in New Contra... (Apr '08) 1 hr Here ya go 5
Creasy Bear and grave digger 2 hr AmedmentForElf 8
On the by-pass today in West Plains 2 hr Karl Unger 5
Planet X , Nibiru and September 23-25 2017 2 hr Pucker Up 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr DNC is a DYING PARTY 110,166
the three of us 5 hr Eagle 9 25
bbq ribs 11 hr frankie 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages