United States

#1 Sep 8, 2013
I'm confused, and please no bashing on this subject. There's a dude I've seen on Facebook constantly putting that the "Sabbath" the day of the Lord is on Saturday. I wasn't raised that way but if his posts are true ,the seventh day is declared by God to be the Lord's day to worship, and rest from work then the way the calendar is the 7th day is Saturday, so why do all churches but which ever he goes to claim Sunday as the day of worship, and res? I'm just honestly confused

United States

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Rest, not res. Excuse the typo
Mister Stupido

Kirbyville, MO

#3 Sep 8, 2013
More importantly, why do humans put their faith in a book written by other humans? There may very well be a creator of sorts, but I'm pretty sure he, she, or it is not the humanized version depicted in the bible.

West Plains, MO

#4 Sep 8, 2013
Research the Roman empire Constantine. He used syncretism to blend early Christianity into Sun diety worship. His coins even said Sol Invictus, " the almighty sun". Hence Sunday became the day of worship for most, but it was not always so.

Branson, MO

#5 Sep 8, 2013
According to the New Testament, the believers were accustomed to meeting together on the first day(Sunday) of the week...In the Old Testament the Sabbath honored the first creation.

Christians celebrate the first day of the week as the day Jesus rose from the dead and established the New Creation.

Another key difference is that in the Old Testament keeping the Sabbath was necessary for righteousness sake. Not so for New Testament believers who were free to set aside whatever days they chose to do so - one or all.

1 Corinthians 16:1-3

New Living Translation (NLT)

16 Now regarding your question about the money being collected for Godís people in Jerusalem. You should follow the same procedure I gave to the churches in Galatia. 2 On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. Donít wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.

Ava, MO

#6 Sep 8, 2013
The real sabbath is Wednesday because that's hump day and who doesn't like to hump...ha haa haaa.
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#7 Sep 8, 2013
gravedigger wrote:
The real sabbath is Wednesday because that's hump day and who doesn't like to hump...ha haa haaa.
another fake grave digger,,,nice try but the grave digger doesnt joke about GOD,,,sorry,,,but the hump day camel on tv makes the grave digger laugh,,,cuz from now on,,,will picture you as that nasty ass camel,,,ha haa haaa,,,now thats grave digger funny right there,,,ha haa haaa,,,punk,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Pres Putin 5 min Creasy Bear 4
Maryland school shooting 15 min Creasy Bear 3
Privette is Pro-Censorship 21 min Creasy Bear 3
A Republican strategist 1 hr Hatshepsut 1
difference of opinion 1 hr leon 1
rare show of bipartisanship 1 hr Ramsey Bolton 2
Cambridge Analytica 1 hr Hatshepsut 1
Stormy Daniels 1 hr Stormy Worth Mill... 46

West Plains Jobs

Personal Finance