wondering

United States

#1 Jan 10, 2014
What is going on since they have remodeled the store? I use to love us cellular when you went in to the store you were helped immediately or no longer than a 10 min wait, Not true now the other day I waited 45 minutes that's crazy and it's not only me the other people sitting there had waited that long and a couple of them left. I am really curious as to what has happened. They use to have battery swap, a system where you were not locked in a contract for upgrading, also now when you do upgrade you have to pay an activation fee of $30.00 I really hate this I used to love us cellular been with them for years just now thinking about looking in to changing does anyone have any input on another provider that may be cheaper? I have heard really good things about straight talk but I like to be able to go in to the store if I have an issue with my phone that's why I pay extra for the service but I may go that way it would save me a lot of money. What about Verizon any information on them please help.. or any others in west plains I have never shopped around always been pleased with us cellular until now so disgusted with them right now ugh what choices do I have in this town advice will be much appreciated thank you I have been very patient with them but it's not getting better.
Disappointed

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2014
I have been with them for years now. Was happy until they went 4g. I have the note 3 and it was great until then. Now I loose Internet service everywhere, drop calls all the time. Last time I went into the store they lied to my face. Just about to tell them where to shove it.
wondering

Branson, MO

#3 Jan 10, 2014
Disappointed wrote:
I have been with them for years now. Was happy until they went 4g. I have the note 3 and it was great until then. Now I loose Internet service everywhere, drop calls all the time. Last time I went into the store they lied to my face. Just about to tell them where to shove it.
I understand I'm so frustrated I asked them what happened to the deal they had with no contracts I didn't know they changed that I wasn't told of the change he wasn't to nice about it. I have been a very loyal customer recommended them to friends I'm just tired of the bs and having to wait 45 min plus to get waited on when they are not that busy ugh.
wondering

Branson, MO

#4 Jan 11, 2014
What is another service I have never even looked but I'm so disgusted I know there is Verizon any others???? what is the best and most affordable?? What I'd the best service?
Disappointed

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2014
I hear good things about straight talk and Verizon. Don't really know yet which one I'm going to go with.
Anon

Tecumseh, KS

#6 Jan 11, 2014
Got Verizon, coverage is good but they gouge the heck out of you every chance they get and do not offer unlimited data plans and it is a contract would not recommend them and as soon as my contracts up I am ditching them.
Posibility

Branson, MO

#7 Jan 11, 2014
It depends on if you text or talk alot. I use Net10. It's the budget division service for Tracfone and I pay $30 for 300 minutes and 60 days of service. If I load another card before the 60 service days are up then the days and minutes roll-over. You can accumulate up to 2 years of service days. Net10 also has 1-year phone cards or if you talk alot $25 for 750 minutes for 30 days, but this card has no roll-over. The non-contract phone-cards are available at Walmart and Dollar General. In some areas they are as low as $5.
If you text and talk alot Net10 has an unlimited talk/text 30 day card for a straight $50. I love this company because there are no hidden charges or fees. The start-up cost is $30 for the phone (flip or regular) and includes a 300 minute/60day phone card.
US Cell Sucks

Kansas City, KS

#8 Jan 12, 2014
We had US Cellular for over ten years. Once they started changing things we had significant problems. Dropped call, texts that would not go through, data not connecting or slow, and the horrible billing issues. We tried ATT but they were not much better and the manager at their store is a pure bitch. So we went with Verizon and our service is leaps and bounds better than either one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 51 min MSRose 105,371
Is Shawn Rhoads endorsing Trump or not? 5 hr eyes roll 7
Grisham Properties (Feb '14) 10 hr grave digger 45
real haunted areas/places in or around west plains (Oct '09) 15 hr grave digger 216
my man dave 'sparky' stone (Jan '12) Tue Mason 34
Sick n Tired of Walmart Jul 25 grave digger 3
South Howell County Ambulance (Sep '08) Jul 24 Greg 106

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages