Best Hair Salon in Town?
Past Walmart HW 160

Ozark, MO

#21 May 2, 2012
Katies cut and styles is pretty cheap and friendly. I haven't had no complaints with my family having their hair done there.
Meredith

West Plains, MO

#22 May 3, 2012
geez wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but who can afford them I know some one that went in there and it was like $125.00 to get a cut and highlights sorry but that is way to expensive color is not that expensive!!
It's worth it to look good. I have found you get what you pay for usually. I went to Elite when I first arrived here, as I was told they were the best. I would highly disagree. I got a red dye job that faded within 2 weeks and my hair was cut so unevenly it was just ridiculous. I took a pic in of a swing bob to Illusions and came out looking like Dorothy Hamill from the 70's! Ugh! I would go to Platinum and Studio 21. I like both.
Yeah

Forsyth, MO

#23 May 3, 2012
I agree with everything you have said Meredith. You do get what you pay for. I've been to about 10 of the salons in this town. FYI though, red is a very high maintenance color. It usually will fade very quickly especially if its a bright red. I'm just glad I discovered my salon.. lol because now the search is over.
Platinum Salon 4172552088

West Plains, MO

#24 May 4, 2012
Thanks for all the feedback! We strive to provide a great salon experience. We understand that everyone had indivdual hair preferences so its awesome that West Plains has so many fantastic salons to choose from. We apprecaite the kind words:)
Not shocked by that

Sparta, MO

#25 May 4, 2012
Kkelly wrote:
I had a bad experience at Elite Image.
I've never heard of Platinum or Eclipz. How are the prices??
I've heard great things about Studio 21, but I've never been.
And no, I don't work at any hair salon lol. Just wanting a drastic change, trying to find a place that can do that for a fair price without messing up my hair.
I have also had a bad experience with Elite Image and it wasn't the first time. The first time I let it slide the second time, HELL NO! I have also heard great things about Studio 21, and Tangles and Co. Good luck with your search! If you do find a good one, please post!
just wondering

Sparta, MO

#26 May 4, 2012
Platinum Salon 4172552088 wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback! We strive to provide a great salon experience. We understand that everyone had indivdual hair preferences so its awesome that West Plains has so many fantastic salons to choose from. We apprecaite the kind words:)
Who all works at your Salon, if you don't mind listing names? I have just recently heard about your Salon!

West Plains, MO

#27 May 4, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Who all works at your Salon, if you don't mind listing names? I have just recently heard about your Salon!
I don't mind at all! There are two of us who are full time, I'm Cassandra, the owner and then there's Serena. We are both graduates from Paul Mitchell schools. I went to the one in Tampa and Serena went to the one in Springfield. We also have three part time stylists that travel from Springfield once a month. You are more than welcome to come in anytime and we will give you a tour of our salon :)

West Plains, MO

#28 May 4, 2012
Kkelly wrote:
I had a bad experience at Elite Image.
I've never heard of Platinum or Eclipz. How are the prices??
I've heard great things about Studio 21, but I've never been.
And no, I don't work at any hair salon lol. Just wanting a drastic change, trying to find a place that can do that for a fair price without messing up my hair.
Hi there,we offer free consultations if you would be interested :)
For Sure

West Plains, MO

#29 May 5, 2012
I LOVE Hair House! Rhonda Gatewood!!! She has done my hair for a long time and my family's hair too. Awesome job!!!!!!!
gossip

Branson, MO

#30 May 5, 2012
Studio 21 is great, but they will talk about you when yiou leave. Just dont tell them anything personal. Best cuts in town, but biggest gossips. Mostly the heavy blond girl with the tattoos. She is just mean. I had my nails done there and a perm and listened to her talk mean about everyone. no one stopped her. And the feminine guy and the brunette were just as bad. Colleen was good and Regina was nice to people. The other three were mean begind peoples backs. They did give great cuts and colors that I saw so they arent all that bad,
kiddy kat

Branson, MO

#31 May 5, 2012
gossip wrote:
Studio 21 is great, but they will talk about you when yiou leave. Just dont tell them anything personal. Best cuts in town, but biggest gossips. Mostly the heavy blond girl with the tattoos. She is just mean. I had my nails done there and a perm and listened to her talk mean about everyone. no one stopped her. And the feminine guy and the brunette were just as bad. Colleen was good and Regina was nice to people. The other three were mean begind peoples backs. They did give great cuts and colors that I saw so they arent all that bad,
That's just plains for ya's !

Sparta, MO

#32 May 6, 2012
kiddy kat wrote:
<quoted text> That's just plains for ya's !
Really it is not just West Plains. Anywhere in US I figure. Sad state of affairs, but so true. Everybody minding everybody else's business, judging. And then a vast majority hop up and run to Church on Sunday and pretend they aren't like that. If everyone that pretended they weren't like that weren't like that the world would be a wonderful place.
just a girl

Saint Peters, MO

#33 May 6, 2012
I like Style Center, have went there for years.
Megan

West Plains, MO

#34 May 6, 2012
gossip wrote:
Um, I go in about once every 6 weeks and I have never seen any example of what you have described. I have great conversations with my hairdresser there and she has shared some very personal details about her own life with me! When I go in it's always upbeat and fun and I have never seen anyone talk maliciously about customers or anyone. I think they are very nice, honest, open and fun.
??

West Plains, MO

#35 May 7, 2012
Platinum Salon 4172552088 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind at all! There are two of us who are full time, I'm Cassandra, the owner and then there's Serena. We are both graduates from Paul Mitchell schools. I went to the one in Tampa and Serena went to the one in Springfield. We also have three part time stylists that travel from Springfield once a month. You are more than welcome to come in anytime and we will give you a tour of our salon :)

I thought the omers were a couple from Springfield in fact I think they r unless u bought it from them...
Zeezer

Springfield, MO

#37 May 8, 2012
I liked the Cutting Warehouse on Missouri Ave, but now I LOVE the Cutting Warehouse! Bruce Joyce is the new stylist there and he is GREAT! Not to mention he's GREAT eye candy too!
carefully commit

Galena, MO

#38 May 9, 2012
Judy at Eclipse is a wonderful lady
Karleen at Scissors is also wonderful. I love them both they do great work and always make sure you are satisfied.

West Plains, MO

#39 May 10, 2012
[QUOTE who="??"]<quoted text>
I thought the omers were a couple from Springfield in fact I think they r unless u bought it from them...
[/QUOTE]
We actually opened the salon together 2 years ago. As of January this year I am the sole owner. Even though they don't currently own the salon we still work together in some capacities.:)
mitzi

Rogersville, MO

#40 May 10, 2012
mitzis tat parlor and hair saloon. cheap but not certified.
My Opinion

West Plains, MO

#41 May 11, 2012
I have always received superior treatments at a fair price with NO GOSSIP at Platinum. Friendly and professional atmosphere that allows you to actually relax and be pampered by the whole experience. I would highly recommend going in for a tour and consultation, you won't be disappointed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone use birth control in this town? 12 min Prosterilization 1
Karmakarmakarma chameleon 16 min MoneyBox 1
Free poodle doodles 19 min PoodleDoodler 1
Woman with a full beard in Walmart bathroom 43 min OMG 1
Be careful spending up the money from your kid'... 3 hr Misinformed 6
City road repair sucks 4 hr nlp 17
Most people who are now anti abortion have alre... 4 hr Chattah 1
Kevin - Wife beater 5 hr Kevins-ex 81
More from around the web

Personal Finance