Tell Your Sheriff to Say Hell No to O...
sheepdog

United States

#62 Jan 24, 2013
SunBow wrote:
sheepdog and ghh actually have brains and insight.
Thank you. I'm just calling it like I see it.
Odds

Branson, MO

#63 Jan 24, 2013
SunBow wrote:
sheepdog and ghh actually have brains and insight.
Only when viewed thru Neo-Con NRA colored glasses
sheepdog

United States

#64 Jan 24, 2013
Odds wrote:
<quoted text>Only when viewed thru Neo-Con NRA colored glasses
You sound like such a cute fluffy lamb. Will you go "Baah" for me?
SunBow

United States

#65 Jan 25, 2013
sheepdog wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like such a cute fluffy lamb. Will you go "Baah" for me?
Ha! Ha! Ha! Fluffy is right! I think you sound more like a traditional conservative than a neo-con. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. Better than being a hypocritical utopian liberal who claims to want to save the lives of children by banning firearms while at the same time insisting on abortion on demand.
vmart

United States

#67 Jan 29, 2013
Well any retard should. Know that guns no matter what gun it is assualt or rifle handgun no matter what guns dont kill people stupid people only kill people. Take all the guns away and they will find another way then what lets ban whatever way it is that they kill i mean get real and really come up with something better. As far as when the constitution was wrote no we aint waiting on red coats just dumba$$ politicians that have become those red coats
number9

United States

#68 Jan 29, 2013
Odds wrote:
<quoted text>It actually comes down to this, and it's something the far right and the NRA fail to realize... Times have changed. It's not the 1700's. There is no need for anyone to own a weapon thats used on the battlefield. Get a handgun for protection and a rifle to hunt. The voting demo has changed, The white neo-con is the minority. Like it or not you will see a shift in gun laws. It's just simple math.
I'm curious, if a firearm I own now, at one time resembled a "battlefield weapon", but no longer does, would that firearm be okay for me to own now?
TheDude

Sparta, MO

#69 Feb 5, 2013
NRA, functionally there is no difference between your Glock and an AR. You should stop listening to the Piers Morgan rhetoric.

As far as why we should own ARs, our history is full of examples as to the why. Do a little research on the battle of Blair Mountain, or the Battle of Athens for starters.
TheDude

Sparta, MO

#70 Feb 5, 2013
" Odds wrote:
<quoted text>It actually comes down to this, and it's something the far right and the NRA fail to realize... Times have changed. It's not the 1700's. There is no need for anyone to own a weapon thats used on the battlefield. Get a handgun for protection and a rifle to hunt. The voting demo has changed, The white neo-con is the minority. Like it or not you will see a shift in gun laws. It's just simple math."

Right, we should all get handguns for defense. Funny how handguns were responsible for the vast majority of firearms related homicides last year (similarly as well as previous years)yet the people with the disarmament agenda are still focusing on the evil "assault rifles". People of that ilk continue to fail because they ignore the facts and lack any real education on guns.

Until that camp can stop blaming the tool and focus on the real problem (broken people) they will continue to fight an uphill battle.
sheepdog

Fairfax, VA

#71 Feb 6, 2013
Well said.
Jerry Seinsmeld

Sparta, MO

#72 Feb 6, 2013
It will be a sad day for human rights if our government has modern weaponry and civilians are reduced to protecting ourselves with "rocks". It would be hard to keep our government in check and somewhat fearful of us in the aforementioned scenario. If the liberal agenda is to eventually disarm the masses, wouldn't they be wise to do it a little at a time so we don't protest too much? Think about it. Say no to "all" gun control measures. Don't let them get a foothold.
lovemycountry

Branson, MO

#73 Mar 5, 2013
Patriot wrote:
I'm not sure where our Sheriff stands on gun control, but he needs to get on board with other sheriffs like Sheriff Mack if he supports Obama's efforts to alter the Second Amendment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EhUPyrj3KgAXX
I

I don't know either how he stands, I know him as an aquaintance, and haven't had a chance to talk to him. I do know couple men going to the sheriff's academy, and they talk to the deputies, and 99% of them say they will not even think about taking guns. they say anyway, they wouldn't put their lives on the line for this president, and would fight with the people. They say mosst of them are gun people and also say do you know how many men are back in the woods, that would die first, before surrendering their guns. They also say that they would consider putting anybody in jail that went against the 2nd amendment.
417guy223

Hutchinson, MN

#75 Mar 7, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty ignorant about this stuff and I am genuinely asking....
Aren't machine guns generally illegal?(excluding the grandfathered miniguns?) Aren't certain submachine guns illegal? Since we have these and other "military only" firearms, does that mean assault rifles would be different and be ok for civilian use? Why?
Does ammunition matter? Are there sizes or specialty ammo that should not be for civilian use? Why?
An AR-15 is not a machine gun but yes most machine guns are illegal unless you have the right permit for them. The AR is the same as any other semi auto rifle it just looks like a military gun so people get scared of it. perfectly legal to have. The musket was the AR in 1776. The second ammendment is there to protect all the others. When the people fear there government there is tyranny when the government fears there people there is liberty. take a look at morning land dairy it was shut down and the sheriffs department help[ed but they were following orders. Pay attention to the questions asked about taking peoples guns. It starts with cheese people. just sayin. http://youtu.be/MqSJKPW9-tA
Sam I am

Salem, AR

#76 Mar 16, 2013
Go find someone who lived in Germany prior to Hitler. NOBODY thought that wonderful Adolph's plans to disarm all the civilians would be a detriment to anyone. It wasn't to round up the undesirables they said - it was to make for a safer, more humane Germany.
Gunnery Sgt

Ozark, MO

#77 Apr 18, 2013
NRA is for the Retarded wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, So when the 2nd Amendment was written we had a reason to need guns. Now Im fairly sure we dont have to worry about the British dropping off a few thousand Red Coats. The Framers of the Constitution had no way of knowing that fully automatic assault weapons would be in the homes of Idiot gun owners and either the teenagers of them would be able to just grap mommies gun and head off to school to kill everyone.
Nothing wrong with a handgun or rifle for protection or hunting but any a$$hole who defends the right to have assault rifles in your is just flat out brain dead and probably another Uneducated Republican $hithead.
Maybe these retards should have one of their childrens body ripped to pieces by one of these weapons and they wouldn't be singing the same tune.
Wouldn't it be great if you saw Obama get that kind of mad when Americans are killed? He didn't get that mad after Benghazi. He didn't get anywhere near that mad after what happened in Boston. But let his gun control bill go down in the Senate, this guy blows a gasket. And do you know why he blew a gasket. Because this gun control bill was supposed to fail in the House, so he could blame it on Republicans.
The Second Amendment is there specifically to make sure the people of this country have the firepower they need to defend themselves; and not just against burglars and muggers and purse snatchers and rapists, but government as well. It's why it's there. It's the Second Amendment. It comes right after the First. It's not an add-on and it's not a casual throw it in, just to put it there.
Gunnery Sgt

Ozark, MO

#78 Apr 18, 2013
NRA is for the Retarded wrote:
Im not a liberal. I educate myself on the issues and vote. I voted for Mcccain and if Chris Christie ran he would have had my vote but since you guys ran a guy that believes in wearing magic underware, thinks God flys a UFO and his backround was ripping apart businesses I went for Obama because he did a fairly descent job fixing 8 years of distarious economic policy and down right treasonous acts during Bush's Phony War to line the pockets of his constituents.
You Gun nuts are all the same. When the obvious solution to an obvious problem thats happened over an over presents itself you all act accordingly as per directed by the Fox News talking head of the hour. Restricting is not disarming buddy. I have a semi-auto, glock, and various hunting rifles. I dont need a Bushmaster AR-15 to protect my family or take down a duck or wild hog. Explain what your need is for an AR-15, hollow points and armor piercing bullets without using Fox News talking points will you... What is the practical need? Remember no phony bologna BS like Obama's taking my rights...
In Chicago you cannot get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. In Houston you can.

There are no gun stores in Chicago. In Houston, there are 1,500 legal places to buy a gun.

There were 806 murders in Chicago in 2012, and 207 in Houston.

Both cities have the same population...
Sigh

Elkhorn, NE

#79 Apr 19, 2013
Gunnery Sgt wrote:
<quoted text>In Chicago you cannot get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. In Houston you can.
There are no gun stores in Chicago. In Houston, there are 1,500 legal places to buy a gun.
There were 806 murders in Chicago in 2012, and 207 in Houston.
Both cities have the same population...
If you want to whip out statistics, I have a whole shitload of statistics from Europe that will show you that a disarmed society has a MUCH lower murder rate than the US.
Sigh

Elkhorn, NE

#80 Apr 19, 2013
For those that are actually trying to make a logical argument with a gun fanatic...just stop. You might as well just start beating yourself in the nuts, because you won't get anywhere with these guys. They Love their guns. They will allow people to die, just so they don't have to fill out a background check. Why....because they don't care. They truly think their little arsenal is someday going to hold the US government off. It is their sad, pathetic, little wet dream that they have. They walk around WP, or other small towns in the area, with their concealed weapon, and it makes them feel like a man...a big bad ass, to be carrying a gun. They need that feeling. And while you day dream about a fun memory of your kids, or your wife, or what you are going to do on the weekend, they daydream that someone will try to rob them...or they walk into a robbery...any scenario where they get to fire off a few rounds and save the day.
You see, it is a huge delusion to them. They fear the government. They fear their neighbors. They fear people of different religions, different colors...they fear everybody. The only thing that stops that fear in them is their gun.
So nothing you will ever say, will change their mind. Nothing. It's like trying to point out why someone's religion is wrong. They refuse to listen, instead they just continue to have their wet dreams, as an anti-American version of Red Dawn plays out in their head. Yes, they are anti-American. They are ready to go to war with their government. They don't care that 25,000 people per year die from guns, because you just never know when some liberal will try to declare martial law.
It is all truly pathetic. There is no reasoning with stupid. You can only try to avoid it.
number9

Lockhart, TX

#81 Apr 19, 2013
Sigh wrote:
For those that are actually trying to make a logical argument with a gun fanatic...just stop. You might as well just start beating yourself in the nuts, because you won't get anywhere with these guys. They Love their guns. They will allow people to die, just so they don't have to fill out a background check. Why....because they don't care. They truly think their little arsenal is someday going to hold the US government off. It is their sad, pathetic, little wet dream that they have. They walk around WP, or other small towns in the area, with their concealed weapon, and it makes them feel like a man...a big bad ass, to be carrying a gun. They need that feeling. And while you day dream about a fun memory of your kids, or your wife, or what you are going to do on the weekend, they daydream that someone will try to rob them...or they walk into a robbery...any scenario where they get to fire off a few rounds and save the day.
You see, it is a huge delusion to them. They fear the government. They fear their neighbors. They fear people of different religions, different colors...they fear everybody. The only thing that stops that fear in them is their gun.
So nothing you will ever say, will change their mind. Nothing. It's like trying to point out why someone's religion is wrong. They refuse to listen, instead they just continue to have their wet dreams, as an anti-American version of Red Dawn plays out in their head. Yes, they are anti-American. They are ready to go to war with their government. They don't care that 25,000 people per year die from guns, because you just never know when some liberal will try to declare martial law.
It is all truly pathetic. There is no reasoning with stupid. You can only try to avoid it.
The same can be said of your post. Waste of time trying to discuss things with someone whose mind is already closed.
KJP

Ozark, MO

#82 Apr 19, 2013
NRA is for the Retarded wrote:
Im not a liberal. I educate myself on the issues and vote. I voted for Mcccain and if Chris Christie ran he would have had my vote but since you guys ran a guy that believes in wearing magic underware, thinks God flys a UFO and his backround was ripping apart businesses I went for Obama because he did a fairly descent job fixing 8 years of distarious economic policy and down right treasonous acts during Bush's Phony War to line the pockets of his constituents.
You Gun nuts are all the same. When the obvious solution to an obvious problem thats happened over an over presents itself you all act accordingly as per directed by the Fox News talking head of the hour. Restricting is not disarming buddy. I have a semi-auto, glock, and various hunting rifles. I dont need a Bushmaster AR-15 to protect my family or take down a duck or wild hog. Explain what your need is for an AR-15, hollow points and armor piercing bullets without using Fox News talking points will you... What is the practical need? Remember no phony bologna BS like Obama's taking my rights...
I read your post until the part you said you voted for Obama then I can see clearly now the rain isn't gone in your head. Just because you libral democrats because thats what you are don't like guns doesn't mean guns are bad to own. You idiots don't like anything and nothing will ever be good enough. Obama isn't GOD and going to save anything or anyone. I felt a hell of alot safer when Bush was in charge then Obama. The AR-15 is a cool looking gun and very fun to shoot and yes if a wild hog is in full charge towerds you or your family members you would be begging for a AR-15 or a gun nut with a AR-15 to save your sorry libral ass. Nobody will get rid of the American people from owning guns not even your Hollywood President and his lefty goons.
Gunnery Sgt

Ozark, MO

#83 Apr 19, 2013
Sigh wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to whip out statistics, I have a whole shitload of statistics from Europe that will show you that a disarmed society has a MUCH lower murder rate than the US.
We don't live live in Europe, but feel free to move there so you can be safer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr HELLary Clinton 666 105,207
Sick n Tired of Walmart 2 hr Dissatisfied Cust... 1
South Howell County Ambulance (Sep '08) 5 hr Greg 106
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) 8 hr grave digger 50
FBI/IRS investigate His Place House of Worship 9 hr grave digger 6
Trump Plaza Motel coming to West Plains 21 hr grave digger 2
Trump is West Plains Voice Sat grave digger 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages