Atheists in the high school

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Soldier_of_the_C ross

Branson, MO

#1 Mar 24, 2013
I'm a bit disturbed at the amount of atheists attending the high school. Should I be more focused on protecting my own kids or encouraging my children to reach out to them and show them the light of Jesus. I've been told about a few, a teacher named Mr. Owens, a student named Chelsea Sharon, and I know there are many more, my daughter has told me about them. What should we God fearing parents do about our own children? I feel as if they're sheep in a crowd of wolves.
cautious

Ava, MO

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Americans have freedom of religion. If your children have strong faith, they won't change from seeing something different. Live & let live.
proffit

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2013
The sky 'IS' falling !!!!!!
The Enlightened One

Marshfield, MO

#4 Mar 24, 2013
Soldier_of_the_Cross wrote:
I'm a bit disturbed at the amount of atheists attending the high school. Should I be more focused on protecting my own kids or encouraging my children to reach out to them and show them the light of Jesus. I've been told about a few, a teacher named Mr. Owens, a student named Chelsea Sharon, and I know there are many more, my daughter has told me about them. What should we God fearing parents do about our own children? I feel as if they're sheep in a crowd of wolves.
I suggest you stop trying to impose your religious views on those around you and your children. If you want to believe in fairy tales...more power to you. Just keep your ignorance to yourself. Generally speaking, Atheists have higher I.Q.'s than the religious and have higher morals. We don't eat babies by the way.
Seriously

Forsyth, MO

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Um, what makes atheists so bad or "wolves"? I am an atheist. I do not do drugs, do not steal, commit adultery, murder, or gossip maliciously about others. I work, raise my children to be well mannered and honest. I pay my bills and donate to the poor. What is wrong with me? Please do tell!
Lavendardardarda r

Forsyth, MO

#6 Mar 24, 2013
You are pathetic that you are naming people in an attempt to shame others or create problems for those who may not share your beliefs. Shame on you for posting names, you ignorant, fake christian.
Bill Henderson

Calera, OK

#7 Mar 24, 2013
As a Christian (and not apologizing for it.) I "somewhat" agree with T.E.O. in regards to school keeping secret from church. As for the school environment and spreading the Gospel of Christ, when an opportunity presents itself to a non-believer then your children should do as Christ commands us , but only when a non-believer asks. There are alot of believers in this world today who are doing as Christ commands However, We as followers of Christ should concede that the church Today is not what Christ wanted or intended. We as followers have gone astray from Real teachings of Christ and need to get back on track. Non-believers have EVERY right to believe/not believe as they choose. We as Christians should Lead people to Christ, not Force Christ on people. We accomplish this by expressing genuine love for The Haters, expressing genuine forgiveness, expressing genuine compassion even though We are the judged. Remember, Our reward is not here on earth but with our Father. I encourage and prayer for everyone (including myself) to stay in God's word , fellowship with others at appropriate places/times and Pray for non-believers no matter how much they hate us. When non-believers open their minds, God will step in and open their hearts. If not, everything we as do as Christians will be in vain. P.S./ Atheist/Anogstics/Satanist out there. God still loves you no matter what you say,do or feel towards believers. We as Christians have NO right to judge you. We're just suppose to love and pray for you. We'll leave any judgement up to The Judge.
geez

Ozark, MO

#8 Mar 24, 2013
First, you should teach your kids that you don't come to Topix and GOSSIP about others. Especially putting the name of a minor on here. That's not only immoral but illegal in some places.

Secondly, you teach your kids that guess what... not everyone shares the same faith as they do but you love, pray for and respect those people anyway.

Lastly, you read the Bible and see that God said the majority of the world would turn on him but those that remained faithful would inherit the earth.
grave digger

Sparta, MO

#9 Mar 24, 2013
its a public school system and in this country you can beleive in anything you want,,,the grave digger is suprized that there isnt any scientology freak kids in this school yet,,,give it a few yrs,,,this thread shows everyone how churches still run things around these parts,,,owens cant be preaching anything to any kid,,,cuz quite frankly,,,every church down here makes up their own rules and beleifs and this is the main reason there are so many atheist in this area,,,you warped church goers chased everybody away from the church an GOD an JESUS,,,there are 10 laws GOD gave and JESUS said the most important was to love thy neighbor as you love thyself,,,not make up your own rules for your church,,,then condem anyone who doesnt beleive in your man made rules,,,
Soldier_of_the_C ross

Branson, MO

#10 Mar 24, 2013
They are like wolves in that they are trying to lead the Christian children astray from Heaven and the Lord to eternal death. I'm not sure about you, but I am very on edge at the thought of my children roasting in eternal flames because a few bad eggs felt 'enlightened'. I can't even imagine why their parents aren't saying something to them about it. But as for mentioning names, if they don't want people to know about it, they shouldn't be so eager to tell my children about it. And maybe the minor's parents will hear about it from this and have a serious talk with them. I came to topix to get the word out and hear other's opinions. I am thinking seriously about seeking out her number and calling her parents about it myself, but I wasn't going to be so harsh at first, so I came here to get the word out to other Christian parents instead.
Soldier_of_the_C ross

Branson, MO

#11 Mar 24, 2013
Besides that, other parents should know what kind of people their kids are hanging around. How different is it from having them watch those Steven Hawkings shows? You should know about the danger those around your children pose, especially to their eternal soul.
highschooler

Branson, MO

#12 Mar 24, 2013
are you talking about Chelsey Shearin? kinda short, had dark hair but now is blonde? I didnt know she was atheist if thats who it is
grave digger

Sparta, MO

#13 Mar 24, 2013
Besides that, other parents should know what kind of people their kids are hanging around. How different is it from having them watch those Steven Hawkings shows? You should know about the danger those around your children pose, especially to their eternal soul.
the grave digger knows about the soul and dangers,,,but its a public school system and the laws in this country dont go along with under GOD anymore,,,and the grave digger knows when your kids are grown up and out of school they will make the right choices and the grave digger doesnt think any of these atheist kids are taking any christian kids from their beleifs,,,the atheist dont preach atheist but the christians preach GOD,,,your kids are gunna be kids no matter what you preach,,,and what you preach in the end when they are grown up and out of this school is what they will remember anyway just like you and all of us parents sound and preach just what our parents preached an taught us a children,,,got to have faith my dear,,,faith takes care of all problems,,,worries,,,fears,,,
highschool2013-2 000

United States

#14 Mar 24, 2013
The Enlightened One wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop trying to impose your religious views on those around you and your children. If you want to believe in fairy tales...more power to you. Just keep your ignorance to yourself. Generally speaking, Atheists have higher I.Q.'s than the religious and have higher morals. We don't eat babies by the way.
wtf this is stupid. U r imposing ur relious views on this person .. Makes no sense..
cautious

Ava, MO

#15 Mar 24, 2013
What's so hard to understand about Freedom Of Religion? Are you American? MO is a 'right to pray' state. That means if a kid rolls out a prayer rug and prays facing Mecca, or one recites the 'Our Father', or one wears a Star of David, or one casts a circle, it's all good. If you don't want your children exposed to other customs, keep them out of the public.
living in fear

West Plains, MO

#16 Mar 24, 2013
first of all there are to many false religions... too many dam hypocrits and too many wanna bs.. just live ur life... the best way you and ur family know how... nobody has the answers to everything and just because its in a book were u there to witness everything that happened in it?? nobody on this earth can tell u yes ... so live the best life u can ..
The Enlightened One

Marshfield, MO

#17 Mar 24, 2013
Keep spewing your ignorance on here and you will do more to harm your religion than to help it.
aur56

Monett, MO

#18 Mar 24, 2013
They are like wolves in that they are trying to lead the Christian children astray from Heaven and the Lord to eternal death. I'm not sure about you, but I am very on edge at the thought of my children roasting in eternal flames because a few bad eggs felt 'enlightened'. I can't even imagine why their parents aren't saying something to them about it. But as for mentioning names, if they don't want people to know about it, they shouldn't be so eager to tell my children about it. And maybe the minor's parents will hear about it from this and have a serious talk with them. I came to topix to get the word out and hear other's opinions. I am thinking seriously about seeking out her number and calling her parents about it myself, but I wasn't going to be so harsh at first, so I came here to get the word out to other Christian parents instead.
IF your faith is strong and your childrens faith is strong, then you have nothing to worry about..The world is full of people that aren't christian, they will have to deal with non christians everyday ,so they just need to mantain their faith..This is not a problem, all religions are going to be out there,atheist are out there..kids will question, they should question your beliefs, this is a choice they will make whether you or atheist influence them or not.You getting on Topix and naming people is wrong, and I have to say is very unchristian..throwing stones is not your job or mine..
HAHAHAHAHA

Forsyth, MO

#19 Mar 24, 2013
Bad eggs? I see plenty who claim to believe in god,jesus and christianity who are bad eggs.You are a f*cking moron.And if you have such a problem with diversity,then maybe you should pull your kid out and home school.
grave digger

Sparta, MO

#20 Mar 24, 2013
HAHAHAHAHA wrote:
<quoted text>Bad eggs? I see plenty who claim to believe in god,jesus and christianity who are bad eggs.You are a f*cking moron.And if you have such a problem with diversity,then maybe you should pull your kid out and home school.
you have to admit that the second they took GOD out of the public school system the morals and the family values have been in a decline for the worse,,,even if your an atheist you have to admit you would rather have your children hang with a christian kid because of the morals and family values they are taught,,,or would you rather have your kids hang with a kid that has no faith and doesnt learn morals,,,cuz you atheist fools are the ones who ruin everything and every soul,,,you dont think twice about abortions,,,thats murder,,,and anyone claiming to be a christian wouldnt support abortions for any reason,,,or the death penelty,,,just saying,,,but the truth of today is,,,there is a war against the christian faith and the target is the children all because some dont beleive in GOD,,,but the good news is,,,this war was perdicted and GOD wins in the end and the war will never be won cuz christians will b around to the end of days,,,people shouldnt choose between GOD and the man made rights of america,,,who cares if the man made supreme court decides a child cant pray in school or its ok to kill babies,,,if an atheist has the right to complain about prayer in schools then a christian has the right to complain about an atheist,,,if my kid has to respect a atheist or muslims feelings,,,then they have to respect my kids,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman with a full beard in Walmart bathroom 16 min grave digger 3
I hope the neighbors enjoy the music tomorrow. 23 min grave digger 2
Sloppy females with dirty hair, chipped nail po... 36 min Rob Stark 6
18 year old messing with young miners? 40 min Rob Stark 5
Bounce House accident 43 min Rob Stark 2
Im gonna barbeque your dog 3 hr Calvin Ralls 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Johnny R 104,060
Kevin - Wife beater 6 hr ryan 83
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages