Posted in the West Plains Forum

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 Aug 14, 2013
Is it too late to invest?
classy action

United States

#2 Aug 18, 2013
I'm quite sure Greg and Angie have "educated" at least some of their investors who lost thousands of dollars on this Ponzi scheme, but in case they did not, the deadline is September 5, 2013 to submit a claim.

100K file Zeek Rewards claims; time running out for others

BY PAUL B. JOHNSON, HIGH POINT ENTERPRISE

A relatively small percentage of victims of the Zeek Rewards pyramid scheme have submitted claims to a federal court as the deadline to file and recover money in the scam approaches in less than a month.

The receiver overseeing the investigation into the massive, global pyramid scheme, which was based from a small office in Lexington, provided a recent update and reminder about victims filing claims by the Sept. 5 deadline.

“To date, while more than 100,000 claims have been submitted or are in the process of being submitted through the claims process, hundreds of thousands of affiliates of Zeek Rewards and other entities that hold potential claims against Zeek Rewards have not filed claims,” reports receiver Kenneth Bell, an attorney out of Charlotte.

The claims process opened May 15 through the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. Zeek Rewards, which billed itself as an online multilevel marketing business, was shut down by the courts a year ago this month. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission termed Zeek Rewards and its parent company, Rex Venture Group,“a $600 million Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse.”

The receiver set up the website www.zeekrewardsreceivership.com to provide information on the investigation into the pyramid scheme money recovery and set up an online portal where victims can file claims.

“I would encourage you to submit your claim prior to the close of the claims process if you believe Zeek Rewards owes you money for amounts that you invested in Zeek Rewards. I anticipate that a substantial percentage of valid claims will be refunded,” Bell reports.

Bell previously has indicated that he’s recovered approximately $300 million in assets, though he’s been candid in saying that he doesn’t believe Zeek Rewards victims will receive full restitution for what they lost.

In response to a question from The High Point Enterprise, Bell said he wasn’t implying in the letter that he’s surprised by how many claims have been filed so far.

“I just wanted to encourage all potential claimants to file claims,” he told the Enterprise.
Watcher

Ozark, MO

#3 Aug 18, 2013
classy action wrote:
I'm quite sure Greg and Angie have "educated" at least some of their investors who lost thousands of dollars on this Ponzi scheme, but in case they did not, the deadline is September 5, 2013 to submit a claim.
100K file Zeek Rewards claims; time running out for others
BY PAUL B. JOHNSON, HIGH POINT ENTERPRISE
A relatively small percentage of victims of the Zeek Rewards pyramid scheme have submitted claims to a federal court as the deadline to file and recover money in the scam approaches in less than a month.
The receiver overseeing the investigation into the massive, global pyramid scheme, which was based from a small office in Lexington, provided a recent update and reminder about victims filing claims by the Sept. 5 deadline.
“To date, while more than 100,000 claims have been submitted or are in the process of being submitted through the claims process, hundreds of thousands of affiliates of Zeek Rewards and other entities that hold potential claims against Zeek Rewards have not filed claims,” reports receiver Kenneth Bell, an attorney out of Charlotte.
The claims process opened May 15 through the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. Zeek Rewards, which billed itself as an online multilevel marketing business, was shut down by the courts a year ago this month. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission termed Zeek Rewards and its parent company, Rex Venture Group,“a $600 million Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse.”
The receiver set up the website www.zeekrewardsreceivership.com to provide information on the investigation into the pyramid scheme money recovery and set up an online portal where victims can file claims.
“I would encourage you to submit your claim prior to the close of the claims process if you believe Zeek Rewards owes you money for amounts that you invested in Zeek Rewards. I anticipate that a substantial percentage of valid claims will be refunded,” Bell reports.
Bell previously has indicated that he’s recovered approximately $300 million in assets, though he’s been candid in saying that he doesn’t believe Zeek Rewards victims will receive full restitution for what they lost.
In response to a question from The High Point Enterprise, Bell said he wasn’t implying in the letter that he’s surprised by how many claims have been filed so far.
“I just wanted to encourage all potential claimants to file claims,” he told the Enterprise.
Don't know who "Greg & Angie" are, but somebody obviously has an axe to grind where they are concerned. You better be correct about your allegations here. A number of people have been successfully sued for libel because of their posts on these boards. You're kidding yourself if you think you are totally protected from being found out.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Aug 18, 2013
Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know who "Greg & Angie" are, but somebody obviously has an axe to grind where they are concerned. You better be correct about your allegations here. A number of people have been successfully sued for libel because of their posts on these boards. You're kidding yourself if you think you are totally protected from being found out.
You don't know who Greg & Angie are? As stated in the subject line of this thread, I was referring to Greg & Angie Worley. Are you not the same "Watcher" who vehemently defended Greg in the "new church" thread? The one who adamantly denied being Greg but is simply a very close friend of Greg's? You are way too easy. You are a hypocrite and a cowardly fake.
Watcher2

Ozark, MO

#5 Aug 18, 2013
Diptera wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know who Greg & Angie are? As stated in the subject line of this thread, I was referring to Greg & Angie Worley. Are you not the same "Watcher" who vehemently defended Greg in the "new church" thread? The one who adamantly denied being Greg but is simply a very close friend of Greg's? You are way too easy. You are a hypocrite and a cowardly fake.
You sound frustrated.
Heather

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2013
What is going on?
mercy me

Ozark, MO

#7 Aug 18, 2013
Heather wrote:
What is going on?
Apparently this diptera character who according to his/her postings on the Faith Assembly Thread is a current member there has bad feelings toward the previous pastor, and feels called by the lord to start thread after thread attacking him, his wife, his daughter...a real low-life.
Whatz-up

Ozark, MO

#8 Aug 18, 2013
Watcher2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound frustrated.
Now that you have publicly identified yourself as a member of Faith Assembly and a close friend of Jerry and Beth Heath, they must feel warm and fuzzy all over reading your attacks against other pastors in town. Did they ask you to do it?
Whatz-up

Ozark, MO

#9 Aug 18, 2013
Diptera wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you have publicly identified yourself as a member of Faith Assembly and a close friend of Jerry and Beth Heath, they must feel warm and fuzzy all over reading your attacks against other pastors in town. Did they ask you to do it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 50 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 99,415
Am I the only Jewish person in this town? 53 min Anonymous Proxy 19
omc staff 2 hr peaceful 5
White House leading a campaign of ignorance 2 hr tim Must Be Destr... 1
Prostitutes in WP 2 hr tim sucks the big... 12
This new ad shows exactly how warped the minds ... 2 hr Second Amendment... 1
Desiree LaChapelle 3 hr jallen028 1
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info