The old Pinebrook Inn Siloam Springs
Curious

Hollister, MO

#21 Apr 29, 2013
POPPA, I don't think it is a bad thing just that I am from New England..Boston to be exact and very new to the culture out here and formalities. Honestly the people here are much more laid back with a better friendly attitude. I love the country and what it has to offer, especially an old Inn with so much history dating back to the 1800s.
poppa

United States

#22 Apr 29, 2013
We have lots of old mills around here your family could enjoy. we have Rockbridge its two miles north on highway in off 95 in Gainesville we have hodgson springs and that's out dora on highway 181 .we have dawt mill on highway 160. You can eat there too. They have a great restaurant. it is in Tecumseh. Enjoy your new life in the Ozarks. I've always wondered about how life would be in Boston.
Owner of Pinebrook Inn

Ava, MO

#23 May 1, 2013
Curious wrote:
Does anyone know who owns the old hotel in Siloam Springs? I found a website it looks beautiful and has so much history since the 1800's also heard it was haunted. I would like to go out there and look around but I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities or anyone else for that matter by trespassing
The Inn has wonderful history as you have probably read on the website. You are more than welcome to come by for a tour you will need to set up a date and time with us. We only tour during the week. The Stevens Family..
[email protected]
bufford

United States

#24 May 3, 2013
Pinebrook in isn't haunted. I lived with and worked for the folks who owned it two years ago. I lived there for about a year. the folks that own it are real nice. people would stop by a lot just to see the place. the last I knew they were still workin on remission the upper two floors. the woman who owned it her name is Sarah Stevens I want to say. very nice woman very hospitable
Mike

Reeds Spring, MO

#25 May 4, 2013
Spooky wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the current owners. They are very nice people!
what is their phone number? The one on the website is the old owners.
thatgirl

Reeds Spring, MO

#26 Jul 19, 2013
I was just out there. The family was moving and leaving the property vacant. I was there to pick up some things she was selling but wow I was a blown away by the size and beauty of the inn.

It struck me as strange that after 4 years she was leaving it vacant (she said there was a possibility of selling it though) I don't have the money and I got kind of a haunted vibe from the place but I am sad see it just sit empty and waste away :(. I think that maybe the reason they are leaving so abruptly is because it may be haunted but I do not know.
oldteacher

Blanchard, OK

#27 Jul 20, 2013
I remember Moody creek! I never went out there to jam i guess i missed it, but was lucky enough to jam with moody creek at ozarka village...The springs were dammed up and a huge lake was made out of it. A friend of our named Wayne owned it in the early 80's and liked to walk around the property buck naked carrying his shotgun...he was amused at the locals reaction. The house was 22 rooms? and 4 stories, made from concrete and gravel mix, i believe the trusses were probably sawmill oak. Sturdy x 2
Cathy

West Plains, MO

#28 Jul 20, 2013
beenthere wrote:
use-2 party there back in 1972 what a place-people come scared to death 2 go up to the 3rd floor-it had a great big stairs. the kitchen was real big-the cabnets went to the ceiling. but it wasn't a ghost house. had fun thier . last time I was their bud Collins an carl payne or cp was there. and the hayes brothers- hardy- rex d. terry c- watts-frog-norm b- bc-l-c. we had the MOODY CREEK band their- had a lot of fun- david hunter-RIP- GA COLLIN rip. norm burnet-rip- see all u guys later I thought it burn down long time ago.
Norm B. is not dead. He is married to Beverly P. who's g a Collin? Don't remember him. Sure wasn't in Moody Creek Band! There was lots of fun times there. We went all over the place and no ghostly phenomenon. I've had those types of experiences but not at Pine Brook. Maybe my deceased uncle who used to own it way back, was protecting us.
What privacy

Sparta, MO

#29 Jul 21, 2013
Curious wrote:
SPOOKY, the woman we talked to was a previous owner at the phone number we called and she was rude to me when I was being polite with nothing but respect...blah...blah...blah.. I would even give you my email as to make it private if possible. Thank you for your time and hope for a positive outcome on this.
And then once you do get an answer of some sort you come back on here blabbing to everyone what they said.
How is that kept private?
Clueless

West Plains, MO

#30 Aug 2, 2013
What privacy wrote:
<quoted text>
And then once you do get an answer of some sort you come back on here blabbing to everyone what they said.
How is that kept private?
You are a class A f*cking MORON!!! They didn't post any information about this person just that they were rude so how is that not keeping information private?
Arff

Sparta, MO

#31 Aug 6, 2013
We went there a few years ago when it was for sale and toured the facility with the owners. They were midway in refurbishing the place. It has quite a history. The springs there were world renowned for there healing qualities. They had a bath house in the lower level where customers could take a mineral bath. They had some famous folks come to stay back in the day. Saudi princes were said to have stayed there as well. Think I'll go back to see what it looks like today.
bud

United States

#33 Dec 29, 2013
Curious wrote:
Does anyone know who owns the old hotel in Siloam Springs? I found a website it looks beautiful and has so much history since the 1800's also heard it was haunted. I would like to go out there and look around but I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities or anyone else for that matter by trespassing
i live there come see me i wont shoot you more than once.if you want come on out its scary but fun...
bud

United States

#34 Dec 29, 2013
i live there now and its scary,,,but fun come on out...
justgooutthere

Ozark, MO

#35 Jan 4, 2014
go out 14 to T hwy turn left, drive to to sharp corners and the driveway to it has rock collumns right at the opening on each side if, if not, look to your right after county road 5150 takes off to the left, don't go down it just using it as a reference point......or go out CC hwy to CR 5150 go to end of dirt road and go left about 200ft and it's on your right.... :) old dirt bike rider, used to ride all over down there.... :) hope that helps
Mr Dixon

Columbia, MO

#36 Feb 25, 2014
I am the owner. We want it open for business again very soon.
Gertrude Buttmaker

Ozark, MO

#37 Feb 26, 2014
This really takes me back a spell.
Sad to say

West Plains, MO

#38 Apr 12, 2014
The inn caught fire tonight from what I here it will be a total loss. Sad to here the news never got a chance to see it in its glory. Hope every one is ok if anyone was living there.
grave digger

Hollister, MO

#39 Apr 13, 2014
Sad to say wrote:
The inn caught fire tonight from what I here it will be a total loss. Sad to here the news never got a chance to see it in its glory. Hope every one is ok if anyone was living there.
peice of area history,,,how sad,,,but the site and land will still be haunted,,,or will it,,,cuz aint nobody really knows what happens after death,,,now do we,,,are the ghost we see just re-plays of time?,,,if so how come all time isnt re-played,,,is after we die we are just dead and gone forever?,,,then why do people see ghost,,,if GOD isnt real then how come we have good spirits and bad sprits? F--k darwin and his theory which was the seed of confussion,,,f--k the tv show star trek which was the seed of confussion,,,there is only one science that means anything to mankind,,,the science of medicine,,,if these scientist theory following know it alls were so smart,,,how come they cant find a missing airplane,,,f--k the internet which is the seed of confussion,,,there is only one fact that anyone can count on in this world,,,faith in GOD,,,atheist have no faith cuz the atheist faith changes with every new theory,,,faith in GOD doesnt or hasnt or will change,,,man didnt evolve from apes or fish you retarded bastards,,,so what if mans dna is close to an ape dna,,,cuz GOD made everything so the dna of everything would tie in together,,,f--k obamacare,,,just cuz a country the size of texas works doesnt mean it will work for America as a whole,,,you lefty atheist mother f-----g retarded bastards,,,f--k islam,,,you towell headed women face covering sand dwellers,,,thats how stupid the islam is,,,without women mankind couldnt survive you mother f-----rs,,,,f--k hillary clinton as maybe the next president,,,that shoe dodging crooked lier,,,other then that,,,whatzzzzz up,,,,ha haa haaa
katherin

United States

#43 Apr 14, 2014
We as a community needs to help Joe and his family members build up another one of a kind amazing building. Joe and his family are good Christian folks. We should show them our support. This inn was part of our history too. My family had 5 generations spending time there and I don't want to see that go my great grandpa was the head carpenter on it I think we should help him design either a large add a blog or we could use some kind of historical parks and rebuild you have to think of something awesome to help him. Just trying to think of what we can do.
Scott

Dallas, TX

#44 Apr 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
Pinebrook just burned down this past weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump is a liar. 17 min Pot calls kettle ... 5
Nuclear War On The Horizon? 29 min Positively Deplor... 57
Will trump really help the working poor? 45 min Positively Deplor... 5
Thomas Peabody Lies Again 47 min MAGACARES4YOU 31
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr LOL AT YOU 109,626
chinese restaurant 3 hr Creasy Bear 6
Just don't understand 3 hr Creasy Bear 7

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages