First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jen

Ava, MO

#23 Dec 12, 2009
Forgiven?YOU ARE SOOO RIGHT;God bless you for that!!Igrew up made to go to a PENTECOSTAL church & let me tell you Junction Hill pentecostal church are a bunch of back stabing ppl..My mother goes there.she is the biggest holy roller!!
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#24 Jul 23, 2010
My dad was ordained. He was a deacon in two churches. My moms granddad and great granddad were ministers.

It's a cult.
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#25 Jul 26, 2010
I just wanted to add that all charismatics are part of the same cult. They could be Pentecostal, Assemblies of God, Latter Rain. They really like to use the term non-denominational. If you see or hear that, most likely they are pente and won't admit it cause they want converts. Any one that tells you to read Acts to find out about their religious beliefs, is a charismatic.

Sarah Palin is one. She goes to an Assemblies of God. She speaks in tongues.
mtn view man

United States

#26 Jul 30, 2010
seems to me that all churches used to act like the pentecostals but as time has went by they all have changed and slowly let that way of life fall to the wayside.[giving in for attendance and money] i remember growing up when women wore dresses and didnt cut their hair, and men kept their hair cut and wore long sleeved shirts no matter what church you went to and now pentecostols are being singled out because they wont change?????? besides i always thought that living for GOD was an experience and a relationship not a religion!!!! a religion is what the scribes and pharises had.and if anyone must know iam an APOSTOLIC believer[1 GOD & SAVIOUR] his name is 'JESUS'
confused

Kosciusko, MS

#27 Apr 24, 2013
want to leav pentecostal church how can u know i mean jesus name only baptism acts 2 38
him

West Plains, MO

#28 Apr 24, 2013
Yes... Clearly... You have these dim-witted followers who get all riled up by whatever charismatic idiot in stage with a combination of screaming, threats, and a fear of God. It's comical to think a grown-up can get taken in by this type of carnival sideshow. These poor souls actually think they are speaking in tongues when its nothing but inane babble. I feel for these folks handing over thier hard earned money to these charlatan's. One of the lowest turds would be Greg in town here who was cheating on his wife then left her while he was "preaching" the word of God.
undecided

Kissee Mills, MO

#29 Apr 26, 2013
This is the deal folks..........it is all about a personal relationship with Jesus. Don't miss out on an opportunity to have that relationship just because you see someone you know that goes to church not being the "perfect christian" because one of these days we will ALL be judged and you will either spend eternity in hell or heaven, just focus on Him and he will direct your path.
home school

Austin, TX

#30 Apr 29, 2013
Cult? No, that would be the Roman Church. the RC likes to call all others 'cult' & 'heretic'.

Christians who use only the Bible are not cults whether we agree with them or not.
serene

Courtenay, Canada

#31 Jul 13, 2013
Of course the Pentecostal Church is a cult. It functions on the same emotional hype that is present in any ecstatic state cult. If you look closely at voodoo ceremonies the same psychology is at work. (That's also true at an Amway convention, for that matter.) In these groups people allow themselves to be swept away by strong emotions rather than any exercise of mind. They are reduced to a vulnerable state and then manipulated. These groups are often controlled by right wing groups who have political agendas.

Sparta, MO

#32 Jul 13, 2013
Yes, Absolutley and for sure. The Pentecostal church is a cult
Patty

West Plains, MO

#33 Jul 13, 2013
empty pockets wrote:
ok.....i can tell you have never looked up the defination of the word cult. so i so politly did it for you........
- religion: a system of religious or spiritual beliefs, especially an informal and transient belief system regarded by …
- religious group: a group of people who share religious or spiritual beliefs, especially beliefs regarded by others as…
- idolization of somebody or something: an extreme or excessive admiration for a person, philosophy of life, or activity
so therefore to answer your question.......yes they are a cult. any religion or group that believes in any certain thing or group of things is a cult. now there are good cults and bad cults. but for sure you will never find a bad christian....you may find one that is bad and claims to be a christian...but the proof is in the puddn and if they are bad....they arnt a christian!
Get a clue. There are religions that are based on facts and founded rituals. A cult is one of luring people in so the head person can be worshiped and take the young girls like in the Jim Jones suicide pact. Find the spirit of God inside yourself, then you find spirituality! Worship God not man!
Patty

West Plains, MO

#34 Jul 13, 2013
Bad to Question wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure one of the main reason's TV is is forbidden is due to the content of todays programs. However, have you ever thought that one the reasons they do not allow TV is due to the money? Makes sense that since cable or Dish costs money,
if they dont allow it, leaves more money that can be given to the church when the offering plate is passed around!
Hmmmm, give that some thought!
These religions have their own customs and rituals! TV content is not their issue. They don't think God wanted us to waste time doing this. They rather play music and dance outside the church. No dancing in the church or In public. Only when they have their evening meal and want some entertainment.
Patty

West Plains, MO

#35 Jul 13, 2013
drawerlegs wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. My church is where ever I happen to be.
I was raised in a penicostal church when I was younger. We had to wear the dresses, no make up, and no jewerly. I was always scared to death with all the jumping, hollering and chairs flying across the room. I was always glad when my mom got mad at the preacher and we could go back to being "normal".
I've been to other churchs and have seen lots of things. Some people who had been in a bar the night before drunk and with a man "not " there husband. I figured if people could raise hell all week and get religest on Sunday ,they were'nt any better off that I was.
I belive in God and I pray everyday. I dont need a church with a bunch of hypercrites to has peace in my heart.
Exactly! We all have a personal relationship with God and will be judged and given what you give when we all bow before him! Jesus said that two in his name is a Church. I believe it can be me and Jesus makes two. I am worshiping the Father and Christ is his son and our Saviour!
Patty

West Plains, MO

#36 Jul 13, 2013
forgiven wrote:
hey, like you i have had to wonder about some things. but the good Lord forgave me and i will tell you what i think about churches in general. the Ten Commandments tell you a lot. but when it comes to dressing in long sleeves only dresses etc. you need to dress modestly but if you are living for the Lord He will definately let you know if you are in the right or wrong in the way you dress if you will listen for his voice. it's what's inside the persons heart that God looks at. of course, he doesn't want a woman to run down the street half naked. i think we all agree on that. but, the experience i've had with the long hair, long dresses, etc. i very seldom heard any good stuff come out of their mouths about other people. i came to the conclusion that these people needed a tv in stead of looking out the window. but i have had a terrible time getting that out of my system. i don't have to try to look like that. or anything else. i ask God daily what he wants me to do and say and to help me. no, i don't think the pentecostal churches are a cult. but, i do think that there are a lot of man made laws floating around to make others feel quitly because they were made to feel quilty about it. oh, i know i will be condemned for this. but, follow the Lords leading and don't let man make you feel unworthy.
I've not heard of our government calling the Pentecostal religion a cult. They did however declared the Mormons a cult years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vanessa howell 3 min old zizzer 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr The GOP Is Dying ... 101,539
El Charros (Apr '10) 7 hr hotsauce 24
woman who was shot 7 hr who dat 62
Sam Harris demolishes Christianity 7 hr tim 9
thank you vets 8 hr tim 18
If Jesus wasn't a virgin birth...? 8 hr grave digger 11
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]