Since: Oct 17

Location hidden

#1 Jan 12, 2018
Wal Mart raises their minimum wage to 11.00 dollars an hr then the very next day closes 63 Sam's stores? That took care of that wage raise pretty quickly huh?
printed forest

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2018
It's a business, sometimes stores need to be closed. Sam's is an old model no longer effective.

JC Penny , Stage, and Sears chains are losing money and closing many stores, but the local stores have a niche and still remain profitable. The jewelry store and Papa Johns didn't make it. Consumers grocery losed long ago, because Walmart put them under, but the crappy Big Lots remains profitable.

Also, the local Walmart should be closed down because it fired Frank.
Creasy Bear

Branson, MO

#4 Jan 12, 2018
printed forest wrote:
It's a business, sometimes stores need to be closed. Sam's is an old model no longer effective.

JC Penny , Stage, and Sears chains are losing money and closing many stores, but the local stores have a niche and still remain profitable. The jewelry store and Papa Johns didn't make it. Consumers grocery losed long ago, because Walmart put them under, but the crappy Big Lots remains profitable.

I really miss that Consumers Grocery. They had the freshest produce, just as good as a Whole Foods without the price tag.

Problem in this town is there is a very low demand for quality good's, and food is on the top of that list. Reason why even your higher end chain resturants don't come here.

The only reason Ruby T's is here is because of their business model, which is to put their resturants on major hwys in small towns to snag travelers, as well as the townies.

I could never understand how Papa Johns stay's in business........hands down the worst of the chain store pizza.
Citizen

Branson, MO

#5 Jan 12, 2018
Creasy Bear wrote:
<quoted text>

I really miss that Consumers Grocery. They had the freshest produce, just as good as a Whole Foods without the price tag.

Problem in this town is there is a very low demand for quality good's, and food is on the top of that list. Reason why even your higher end chain resturants don't come here.

The only reason Ruby T's is here is because of their business model, which is to put their resturants on major hwys in small towns to snag travelers, as well as the townies.

I could never understand how Papa Johns stay's in business........hands down the worst of the chain store pizza.
I totally agree the food & retail offerings SUCK.

It's pathetic that places like Chick Fil A and Target are considered "high end". We had a Quizno's - gone...seems like a Lowe's or something was going to happen - nope.
Creasy Bear

Branson, MO

#6 Jan 12, 2018
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

I totally agree the food & retail offerings SUCK.

It's pathetic that places like Chick Fil A and Target are considered "high end". We had a Quizno's - gone...seems like a Lowe's or something was going to happen - nope.
Your right !! That was just as the housing market imploded. They were going to go in where the old Skateland was, just below Wally World. The dirt work started to level the area......then nothing.

If they put a Lowe's in here.........it would put all local plumbing, Elec & hardware stores out of business. People have Zero loyalty to anything in this town.

Remember Aide hardware store on the square.........they had everything, repair parts, antique parts etc.........I miss that place.

Enter User Name

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jan 12, 2018

Charley's Sub sandwiches are the, best in the world. They're in 37 states and 11 countries. They were voted number 1 in the world and, I agree. Get a Charley's. You won't be sorry
Creasy Bear

Branson, MO

#8 Jan 12, 2018

I was at Walmart today at the deli counter..........a Lady walked up & said to the deli girl " could I have a pound of your chopped ham........It's the best-chopped ham I ever had, that ham is excellent "

The words " chopped ham" & " excellent"........should never be in the same sentence" LOL !!!!
Enter User Name

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Jan 12, 2018
Creasy Bear wrote:

I was at Walmart today at the deli counter..........a Lady walked up & said to the deli girl " could I have a pound of your chopped ham........It's the best-chopped ham I ever had, that ham is excellent "

The words " chopped ham" & " excellent"........should never be in the same sentence" LOL !!!!

Did you see President Hussein Obozo there? Just curious as to whether Muslims, do eat pork when nobody is looking.
lowes depot

United States

#10 Jan 12, 2018
Creasy Bear wrote:
<quoted text>

If they put a Lowe's in here.........it would put all local plumbing, Elec & hardware stores out of business. People have Zero loyalty to anything
Who can afford to be loyal? You go to where the best price is or where the service or policies overcome the higher price. Unless you own a store and hope the seller of high priced goods will return the favor and buy your high priced items.

If you want to help out the small local businesses that have items with a higher price, walk in and toss a $20 bill on counter. Tell them this is to help you out, but I'm going to shop at Store X and buy what I need for $100 less. You can then give $20 to a local charity. So, you saved $60 on one item and helped out two charities. Nobody is going to do that though, they are going to keep the $100 savings.
Creasy Bear

Branson, MO

#11 Jan 12, 2018
Enter User Name wrote:

Charley's Sub sandwiches are the, best in the world. They're in 37 states and 11 countries. They were voted number 1 in the world and, I agree. Get a Charley's. You won't be sorry
I never heard of them until your post........never saw one in my travels either !!! Jersey Mike's in Springfield isn't too bad. The thing with subs is that the roll is 60% of the flavor....a good fresh baked Italian roll { google Sarcone's }.........meatball, roast pork, cheese steak.......etc. ingredients are pretty straight forward & easy to locate {even here}, but that roll is pure gold !!!

Wondering

United States

#13 Jan 14, 2018
printed forest wrote:

Southern hills jewelry closed??
Creasy Bear

Branson, MO

#14 Jan 14, 2018
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if they closed up yet, but yes, they are closing.
hope this helps

Ozark, MO

#15 Jan 14, 2018
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They still had some jewelry left last week, mostly watches and the nice rings. They have been discounted quite a bit but are still on expensive - but worth the price for the quality. Joe has already retired but the ladies have still been there a bit longer selling what inventory they can. If you are interested in anything I suggest you go ASAP, they aren't announcing a closure date but it will be soon.
Wondering

United States

#16 Jan 14, 2018
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buncha Losers 1 hr EMTs Are Cool 37
Liberal Politician / Definition 2 hr Liberal Free Zone 3
Bobby Roberts ne 1 know what happened to him? (Dec '08) 3 hr Nathan 20
Why doesn't Ky 3's Lisa Rose lose some weight? (Jan '16) 4 hr Judgmental News W... 73
Springfield on Live PD 4 hr justsaying 2
This reality is quite different 5 hr Creasy Bear 60
Chi-Town's best Democrats 6 hr Creasy Bear 20

West Plains Jobs

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages