154th state rep.
Kevin

Chestnutridge, MO

#129 Jul 24, 2012
Stan Fan wrote:
Wow! Reading this brings back 12 year old school drama memories! Its amazing what people say when they don't even know the other person they are bashing. I know Stan and his family and they are amazing....they have always been caring and compassionate towards other people. Stan is an awesome business man, christian, husband, and father! I think ALL these things should be took in consideration instead of what appears to be the fault of having a few tickets over him that I'm sure half the population of West Plains has had their share of....I do not know Rhodes, I'm sure he has good qualities as well as some bad stuff I'm sure we could drag out and air around town. Grow up! Stan IS the Man!!
Bottom line is that we the voters are hiring someone to represent us at state level and to MAKE Missouri law which we will be subject to. I want the person in there that has NONE of "few tickets." If they are going to vote on drunk driving laws for which I will be subject to, I don't want them having been a drunk driver themselves. Stan is a complete hypocrit and should serve jail time for that.
Stan Fan

Reeds Spring, MO

#130 Jul 24, 2012
He has not been convicted of anything as of today, has he?
Hmmm

Cross Timbers, MO

#132 Jul 24, 2012
Wow.Just a did web search for both these guys as I am new to town. Doesn't seem like either candidate is that perfect. Watson got ticket you said and I found out that was true but what is up with the picture of Rhoads with the 12 pack beer container on his head? Surely that wasn't at a church picnic.

Looks like both of them like to have a good time.
Howell County Voter

Sparta, MO

#135 Jul 24, 2012
So, since obviously both of the men in the race are worthless according you all of you, then go for the one who has been up front and is very open - Kathleen Hensley. She's honest, probably to a fault, and I think will do a good job. The other two - well, I wouldn't want them to represent me EVER!
Be Careful

Cross Timbers, MO

#137 Jul 24, 2012
I would be careful. The only man to ever walk the Earth and not make mistakes was Jesus. If this Stan was any kind of politician and really does have a campaign manager then they are probably already ready for this to come out. With today's technology it is almost impossible not to have some kind of picture or text out there that we wouldn't want our grandma to see.

Please be ready to know that smear campaigns have been going on for centuries and both sides usually have something on the other.

If you keep up with the dirty laundry then be prepared to use some bleach when it comes time to cleaning yours.

Both guys haven't looked like they haven't missed too many meals so there is probably some big bacon strips to see.
Bud or Miller

Cross Timbers, MO

#138 Jul 24, 2012
West Plains Native wrote:
One man is known to be involved in the following: Adultery, Driving While Intoxicated, Breaking up a church for self-serving reasons, Unlawful business practices and Tax issues. Even if I were to ignore the DWI, infidelity and shady business practices - I cannot dismiss what he did to Field of Faith church and the morally corrupt behavior he exhibited.
The other served for many years as one of our local underpaid and under-appreciated law enforcement officers and several years on a local school board. He is a level-headed guy with a servant's heart that is giving up a lot in order to run for public office. I have not found any dirty-laundry concerning him.
Easy choice for me.
<quoted text>
Give it time. It will be on Facebook tomorrow. The toughest thing will be to figure out if the 12 pack on his head is a Miller Product or Budweiser. If it is Miller then he won't get any money from the biggest contributor in Howell County.
wont be

Fordland, MO

#140 Jul 25, 2012
You can bet your grass I won't be voting for Shawn Rhoads , all he does is stand around and talk about people , I swear he is worst then a teen with all the pulling people a side and whispering he did at the fair and the heritage festival . If you are pretty good at reading people then he should be the easiest one to read trust me . Rather then give people the reason to vote for him he tells you about who not to vote for and points out all their flaws as if his own crap don't stink . To me that is a huge caution , red flag . He is not mature enough to handle the job .
@Fannie louise

Ava, MO

#142 Jul 26, 2012
Stanley Watson has my vote for certain! He's a fine young man & will do this office proud! I've known him & his family since he was a little bitty dude!! I think alot of Stan!! Just hang in there Stan , you know how people like to gossip, just don't pay any attention to them!!! Their hiding no telling what in their closet, we just don't know what it is but it will come out sometime !!!
derekp

Eldridge, MO

#143 Jul 26, 2012
As usual voters will try to make the best of poor cantidates. There really is a reason our part of the state is the poorest, gets less state money, and development. Our representation in Jefferson City is almost always below par.
wont be

Branson, MO

#145 Jul 26, 2012
Crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Stan, is this not just what you said Sean does?
you obviously don't know who your talking to . My name is far from Stan and I don't have balls I have ovaries and I am for sure entitled to my opinion since I did in fact see Shawn trying to dram people in to talk trash . I over heard some of the things he was saying to since he wasn't being quiet the whole time . I don't even know Shawn at all but I know how dirty he was being . My motto is don't point at people unless your hands are clean and anyone in their right mind should believe this . That is very unprofessional to sit around talking about people especially when you want votes . If it were me running although I am not much into politics , I would be drama free and give people a reason why I would want people to vote rather then bash . Why don't you talk to him in person about his campaign and see how the talk turns out.
Old fan

Ozark, MO

#147 Jul 26, 2012
wont be wrote:
<quoted text> you obviously don't know who your talking to . My name is far from Stan and I don't have balls I have ovaries and I am for sure entitled to my opinion since I did in fact see Shawn trying to dram people in to talk trash . I over heard some of the things he was saying to since he wasn't being quiet the whole time . I don't even know Shawn at all but I know how dirty he was being . My motto is don't point at people unless your hands are clean and anyone in their right mind should believe this . That is very unprofessional to sit around talking about people especially when you want votes . If it were me running although I am not much into politics , I would be drama free and give people a reason why I would want people to vote rather then bash . Why don't you talk to him in person about his campaign and see how the talk turns out.
How many STAN signs have been stolen ? ZERO..Whos to blame for that ?
VOTER

Cross Timbers, MO

#148 Jul 26, 2012
How do I give money to Rhoads? I found his website but his address he has listed doesn't give a street address.

Speaking of his website that made me know I was going to vote for him after looking it over. The other guy has some stuff professionally done but I liked the fact that Sean obviously put it together hiself. It had some incorrect spelling and other grammer errors but that just goes to show he is real.
The last thing we need in Jeff City is some slick dude using fancy words and dressing up like he thinks he is somebody.
Shawn is the type of guy I want to represent me because he is like most of us. Chuck was great in that way as well. They call us hixs and hillbillies anyway so why not have a real repsresnetation of us?
West Plains Native

Chestnutridge, MO

#149 Jul 26, 2012
The last shown post as I write this is number 148. The total number of post actually showing is 122.

148 - 122 = 26! THAT'S 26 MISSING POSTS! Topix will remove a post for a $20.00 bribe. So, it would appear that $520.00 ($20.00 x 26) is the amount that someone has drained out of their campaign fund... so far.

Groovy, huh?
Ms queen bee

Marshfield, MO

#150 Jul 26, 2012
VOTER wrote:
How do I give money to Rhoads? I found his website but his address he has listed doesn't give a street address.
Speaking of his website that made me know I was going to vote for him after looking it over. The other guy has some stuff professionally done but I liked the fact that Sean obviously put it together hiself. It had some incorrect spelling and other grammer errors but that just goes to show he is real.
The last thing we need in Jeff City is some slick dude using fancy words and dressing up like he thinks he is somebody.
Shawn is the type of guy I want to represent me because he is like most of us. Chuck was great in that way as well. They call us hixs and hillbillies anyway so why not have a real repsresnetation of us?
for someone who is knocking someones spelling you spelled (grammer) try grammar (hiself)?? wrong his self is correct or better yet try himself for (proper grammar)(hixs) try hicks (repsresnetation) try representation . There ya go maybe you need to go back to practicing your spelling and learning what the word grammar means . Oh yeah I am still not voting for Shawn but good luck and if he makes it as a state Representative and fails go back to topix and tell us all how you feel afterwards . Now have a great night .
hmm

Pomona, MO

#151 Jul 26, 2012
wont be wrote:
You can bet your grass I won't be voting for Shawn Rhoads , all he does is stand around and talk about people , I swear he is worst then a teen with all the pulling people a side and whispering he did at the fair and the heritage festival . If you are pretty good at reading people then he should be the easiest one to read trust me . Rather then give people the reason to vote for him he tells you about who not to vote for and points out all their flaws as if his own crap don't stink . To me that is a huge caution , red flag . He is not mature enough to handle the job .
Couldn't be more correct!
harshness

United States

#152 Jul 26, 2012
Do not vote Watson unless you want fat fucking Jack Garrett to run the show. The fat bastard abused his position as Judge and abused others including hard working men that provide are best law enforcement- the MO Highway Patrol. Do not let fat Jack control anything-the fat bastard should have gone to prison for his antics. His loud-mouth son is just as bad. This family thinks too high of their name. They have done nothing for their country, state, or community other than push their damn weight around. May their name be damned and eventually forgotten. Shawn will be new and will have things to learn, but vote him in and give him more years afterwards as it takes time to clean up a mess. But, he can do it just give him your vote and patience and for those who can assist him on issues regarding reinvigorating local business and thus creating jobs please give him advice as we all learn. Hang in their Shawn as we need you in office-just stick to your values and do not be afraid to ask for help. We are all together in this economic mess and good guidance will be needed-you are here because God wants you to carry the burden of leading.
West Plains Native

Chestnutridge, MO

#153 Jul 27, 2012
I do not support Stan but we really do not need profanity in this forum. We are better than than that.
harshness wrote:
Do not vote Watson unless you want fat f****** Jack Garrett to run the show. The fat bastard abused his position as Judge and abused others including hard working men that provide are best law enforcement- the MO Highway Patrol. Do not let fat Jack control anything-the fat b****** should have gone to prison for his antics. His loud-mouth son is just as bad. This family thinks too high of their name. They have done nothing for their country, state, or community other than push their d*** weight around. May their name be d***** and eventually forgotten. Shawn will be new and will have things to learn, but vote him in and give him more years afterwards as it takes time to clean up a mess. But, he can do it just give him your vote and patience and for those who can assist him on issues regarding reinvigorating local business and thus creating jobs please give him advice as we all learn. Hang in their Shawn as we need you in office-just stick to your values and do not be afraid to ask for help. We are all together in this economic mess and good guidance will be needed-you are here because God wants you to carry the burden of leading.
harshness

Verona, MO

#154 Jul 27, 2012
I apologize for the profanity but it is pretty evident Jack Garrett clearly backs Stan and it irks me that someone who factually broke the law as a sitting Judge has pull to probably keep Stan's legal issues out of the newspaper. I work hard and pay my taxes like others and I, too, have gotten one DWI and was wrong. Stan's DWI is not why I will not vote for him as we all make mistakes. But, my name was put in the paper when I got a DWI as it should have, but I certainly did not get 14 continuances on my case and would have never desired it. I got the same punishment that everyone else gets for a first DWI so I was told. Again, I deserved this, but clearly someone is pulling crap for Stan when he gets 14 continuances and not a word goes to the public. I know jacob garrett is representing him. Its anyone's guess who has the pull to keep such judicial nonsense occurring and nothing goes in the paper. Why would the Prosecutor or Judge allow such continuances. Either they personally want to help Stan or someone has a heck of amount of power to get them to do for Stan what others do not receive that is my point.

Since: Jul 12

West Plains, MO

#155 Jul 29, 2012
Also running for 154th is Kathleen Hensley, a conservative Republican. she has excellent character and qualifications. she has a bachelor's degree in Political Science, and an associate degree in Administration of Justice. Kathleen worked 15 years in Missouri Medicaid with abused and neglected children and then with the elderly and disabled. she knows the system and what needs to be changed including the need for drug testing for welfare recipients. She and her husband Ken have a small business and a cow/calf operation which he runs. Their children are grown. Her only job now is to represent us. she will do it with integrity and fight for our freedoms. Please vote for Kathleen Hensley August 7.
xyz

Ava, MO

#157 Jul 29, 2012
pooh wrote:
No pull? Maybe someone don't want him back on the police force. OR Maybe he has more pull than you realize. How do you know who he has screwed over. Sounds to me you might be a tad envious of all the good things and successful ventures he has accomplished. I am not a drinker, but, I have heard the old saying, "never trust a man that doesn't drink." I do believe he has my best interest at heart.
for starters ask his wife who he has screwed over...many times it was her, poor jody!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump! trump! trump! 2 min DICK 37
Christmas Lights in WP? 24 min DICK 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Norton 107,611
Shop with a cop 1 hr amen 2
Trump creating new Dawt Mill Dam and Lake. 1 hr its great again 4
TRUMP reopening IRON ORE mines in Howell County 4 hr maga 1
Obama dont like white people 4 hr Chattah 5

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages