ALDI Request for building variance de...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I Aint Stoopid

Reeds Spring, MO

#21 Nov 17, 2013
Sad Sack wrote:
I heard Aldi is going to have to close 6 months while they build their new store. Is this true?
No...the public wood starve man!
Wowser

West Plains, MO

#22 Nov 20, 2013
Aldi's presented no plan for parking during the construction, and were told as much. Once they do that, they will get their variance.

Good thing for those of us who are horsemeat lovers.
HUH

Kimberling City, MO

#23 Nov 20, 2013
The Sheriff's Dept. should provide parking since the majority of Aldi's parking lot is filled by people visiting the jail.
grave digger

Sparta, MO

#24 Nov 20, 2013
HUH wrote:
The Sheriff's Dept. should provide parking since the majority of Aldi's parking lot is filled by people visiting the jail.
dont think there ever is a problem with inmate visitors parking in the one little corner of that parking lot,,,maybe the county should think about building a new sheriff dept jail alot bigger with a yard so we all can drive by and look at who all are the library book detainers,,,them bastards,,,being late on their book returns,,,ha haa haaa,,,somebody is gunna complain about everything the city does or doesnt do,,,aldis sells horse meat,,,but yet they wont let a glue factory be built,,,a horse is a animal that causes more human injuries then any other animal,,,and needs the most money to be kept,,,so if they can make glue out of a horse,,,why cant elmers make glue out of every animal,,,cuz with all the stray cats running round west plains,,,west plains would be the leader of the glue buisness,,,and when the cats are gone,,,then the stray dogs,,,then the cows,,,my GOD people,,,we all could have kick butt union wage jobs round here,,,but no,,,cant kill an animal but can kill a baby,,,cant kill an animal but can kill anyones reputation,,,cant kill an animal but can kill anyones self esteme,,,all this cuz aldis wants a bigger building and somebody wants the sheriff dept to pay for more parking,,,
Gooday

Ozark, MO

#25 Nov 30, 2013
You people are uneducated idiots. You could at least get your facts straight before you hop on Topix. The variance was not heard by the council people. It was heard by the Board of Adjustments. If you read the Quill you would have seen those are people from the public who serve on that board AND there's a fine set of questions to be asked for the variance. If the answer is no on any of them it has to be denied by law.

So there.

No good ole boy system this time. Get your facts straight. And I'm a citizen who reads the paper and becomes informed. You can do the same. Don't assume.
Inbred Hillbilly Type

Branson, MO

#26 Nov 30, 2013
Gooday wrote:
You people are uneducated idiots. You could at least get your facts straight before you hop on Topix. The variance was not heard by the council people. It was heard by the Board of Adjustments. If you read the Quill you would have seen those are people from the public who serve on that board AND there's a fine set of questions to be asked for the variance. If the answer is no on any of them it has to be denied by law.
So there.
No good ole boy system this time. Get your facts straight. And I'm a citizen who reads the paper and becomes informed. You can do the same. Don't assume.
you sounds real smart and purty two!
tim

Olathe, KS

#27 Nov 30, 2013
y"]You people are uneducated idiots. You could at least get your facts straight before you hop on Topix. The variance was not heard by the council people. It was heard by the Board of Adjustments. If you read the Quill you would have seen those are people from the public who serve on that board AND there's a fine set of questions to be asked for the variance. If the answer is no on any of them it has to be denied by law.
So there.
No good ole boy system this time. Get your facts straight. And I'm a citizen who reads the paper and becomes informed. You can do the same. Don't assume.
Sorry calling bull sh!t on this one
The good old boys have that all covered. You are the ignorant one and you can bet your sweet ass that if it was one of there cronies it would have been slipped in fast and simple with no debate.
John Wayne Type

Ozark, MO

#28 Nov 30, 2013
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry calling bull sh!t on this one
The good old boys have that all covered. You are the ignorant one and you can bet your sweet ass that if it was one of there cronies it would have been slipped in fast and simple with no debate.
So...you think his "ass" is "sweet"? Thanks for coming out of the closet on Topix. Now get back in there!
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#29 Nov 30, 2013
Gooday wrote:
You people are uneducated idiots. You could at least get your facts straight before you hop on Topix. The variance was not heard by the council people. It was heard by the Board of Adjustments. If you read the Quill you would have seen those are people from the public who serve on that board AND there's a fine set of questions to be asked for the variance. If the answer is no on any of them it has to be denied by law.
So there.
No good ole boy system this time. Get your facts straight. And I'm a citizen who reads the paper and becomes informed. You can do the same. Don't assume.
there is no good ole boys round here,,,or no hillbilly mafia,,,what a joke,,,call the good ole boys by what they really are,,,control freaks with money who everyone knows their names and talk about them behind their backs 24/7,,,and not very well liked by many either,,,cuz look what they control,,,west plains a low wage area and on top the welfare list for the state of missouri,,,poor ass mafia if you ask the grave digger,,,ha haa haaa,,,would you want all their money and be talked about and hated by so many round here?,,,if you answer yes,,,you never had money,,,if you answerd no,,,your normal,,,ha haa haaa
Him

Ozark, MO

#30 Aug 10, 2014
How much longer till the new building is done? It's a nightmare in there
Honey Boo Boo

Sparta, MO

#31 Aug 14, 2014
Him wrote:
How much longer till the new building is done? It's a nightmare in there
Quill says it will open in October. I cant wait! The place is like a zoo.
ltl spoiled

West Plains, MO

#32 Aug 24, 2014
i was under the impression ( and i could be wrong ) that the city council denied a request for aldi to build on to the existing store and forcing them to build another larger one. now if the building permits have not changed good ole city council gets paid for the permit and a percent of the building supplies frankly does the city have a right to tell us what we can and cannot have and as far as new business the working /starving class of west plains could stand decent wages not to mention the people starving on social security
who could stand a few hundred a month increase then they may not be as far under the poverty level.
geez

Willow Springs, MO

#33 Aug 25, 2014
ltl spoiled wrote:
i was under the impression ( and i could be wrong ) that the city council denied a request for aldi to build on to the existing store and forcing them to build another larger one. now if the building permits have not changed good ole city council gets paid for the permit and a percent of the building supplies frankly does the city have a right to tell us what we can and cannot have and as far as new business the working /starving class of west plains could stand decent wages not to mention the people starving on social security
who could stand a few hundred a month increase then they may not be as far under the poverty level.
Yes you are wrong. The city only had a problem with their proposed parking and entrance into parking area during the construction phase. The city would also only receive a "percent of the building supplies" if those supplies are bought locally and thus city sales tax is charged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
saba store 5 min random 19
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) 49 min NotOfThisWorld 61
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Bannon Destroying... 109,086
Looking for a local Attorney (Apr '12) 1 hr grave digger 17
Rug Heads 4 hr grave digger 8
Hookup and have some fun 4 hr grave digger 2
National Debt At 18 TRILLION And Counting (Jan '15) 5 hr guest 145

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages