First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

West Plains, MO

#1 Apr 19, 2013
What do you do when a 13 year is allowed to have her boyfriend (18)stay the night and sleep together. It is well known by her family they are sexually active.

DFS "investigated" and nothing has changed.

Do you let it go and hope for the best or ........?
jenn

United States

#2 Apr 20, 2013
Did you let the wppd know? What is wrong this child's parent and what is wrong with an 18 yr boys want to sleep with a 13 year old girl they all sound like they need some severe help.why didn't the FS do anythingwhy is that not considered statutory rapeit upsets me just hearing it
jenn

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2013
find out the school to the girl goes to a report it to the school counselor the counselor by law have to report it again
deadbeats

Branson, MO

#4 Apr 21, 2013
if its not your family then mind your own business!!
jenn

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2013
deadbeats wrote:
if its not your family then mind your own business!!
if you see something say something!
wondering

West Plains, MO

#6 Apr 21, 2013
deadbeats wrote:
if its not your family then mind your own business!!
It is my business considering it will be my tax dollars(along with all the other tax payers) supporting the child that I am sure she will end up pregnant with.

Just as it is the business of the original poster for the same reasons.

Since: Mar 12

Ozark, MO

#7 Apr 22, 2013
It's wrong reguardless. All children are our future and a 13 year old is not physically or mentally developed enough to be engaging in any sexual activity. All children are our future and to just let things be is making a conscience decision to say "OH WELL" to the future. People that are like that are just a waste of space on this planet. As far as the girl goes something needs to be done. She should be educated on the consequences of her actions. And the 18 year old boy...well he just needs his ass kicked. To the "I don't care" people out there, do you even realize what the effects are on a girl, physically. Probably not because you are to focused on yourself. But things like this effect everyone for generations. Definatly call the school counselor. If they report it charges have to be pressed.
Judge

West Plains, MO

#8 Apr 22, 2013
Family Services cannot do anything. Law Enforcement is the avenue to handle it, and the school counselor is a good idea.

Family/Childrens Services cannot remove children from a home. Thats right boys and girls, they cannot take your children.

If Law enforcement takes them, through the PD/SO or Juvenile office, CFS has to find a place for the children and provice services to the family, but they cannot take the children.

Little known fact, if they come to your door and want to come inside to chat, you do NOT need to invite them in, you do not need to even talk to them. If they come back with law enforcement, the only way you are REQUIRED to let Law Enforcement inside your home is if law enforcement feels there is immediate danger to your children, and they have to explain what they are looking for when they come in. You can still tell them to make CFS wait outside.

Their complete handbook explaining what they can do and what they cannot do is online.

They work simply by intimidation and bullying, and HATE it when they come across someone who knows better.
Annom

West Plains, MO

#9 Apr 22, 2013
Actually I just found our from a friend going threw the same thing with his 15 year old daughter. The age of consent is 15. So if she consents to have sex with him, they cant press charges. Welcome to Missouri!
a little input

Ava, MO

#10 Apr 22, 2013
Judge wrote:
Family Services cannot do anything. Law Enforcement is the avenue to handle it, and the school counselor is a good idea.
Family/Childrens Services cannot remove children from a home. Thats right boys and girls, they cannot take your children.
If Law enforcement takes them, through the PD/SO or Juvenile office, CFS has to find a place for the children and provice services to the family, but they cannot take the children.
Little known fact, if they come to your door and want to come inside to chat, you do NOT need to invite them in, you do not need to even talk to them. If they come back with law enforcement, the only way you are REQUIRED to let Law Enforcement inside your home is if law enforcement feels there is immediate danger to your children, and they have to explain what they are looking for when they come in. You can still tell them to make CFS wait outside.
Their complete handbook explaining what they can do and what they cannot do is online.
They work simply by intimidation and bullying, and HATE it when they come across someone who knows better.
You have some incorrect information . Having a friend who works for Dfs they do by requirement and for their own safety have to involve the law , they don't go without them and with the law being there it gives them the full freedom to be able to be in your or anyone's home no matter if you attempt to refuse . They started bringing the law in the middle of these cases because of drama so it keeps the peace and no one can refuse anything they ask them to do no matter what . It's highly not suggested to say no you can't go into my home and leads them to suspect that your hiding something to which could lead to further investigation . As far as a parent allowing a minor to sleep with the adult it's best to take it up with the law more then anything and in most cases , if the parent approves the law really can't do anything about it, not here in this state anyways . All both parties have to do is make up a story about not sleeping with each other , simple as that .
Judge

Ozark, MO

#11 Apr 22, 2013
a little input wrote:
<quoted text> You have some incorrect information . Having a friend who works for Dfs they do by requirement and for their own safety have to involve the law , they don't go without them and with the law being there it gives them the full freedom to be able to be in your or anyone's home no matter if you attempt to refuse . They started bringing the law in the middle of these cases because of drama so it keeps the peace and no one can refuse anything they ask them to do no matter what .
Yeah, great. You have a friend that works there. While someone may work there as a financial worker, or a clerical, that does not mean the information they give out is correct.

Often Childrens division social workers go to start investigations without law enforcement there. Very often.

Even if they do go with law enforcement, the rights of the people are still not infringed upon - no one HAS to allow DFS into their house. It is a fact, and just because someone told you they did does not make it true. I again suggest you do a google search on "missouri child welfare manual" and read it for yourself. You will find that your "friend" gave you invalid information and my information is correct. Of course, that is only the official manual published by the state of Missouri, and on their webpage.

Now - it is a good idea for the Law Enforcement to check on the children, even if it just with the kids coming to a window and waving.

It is a pesky little right, called the Fourth Amendment - and it has been upheld in a number of cases by the federal courts.

Or you can just sit here and argue. There is none so blind as those who will not see.
Judge

Ozark, MO

#12 Apr 22, 2013
a little input wrote:
<quoted text> They started bringing the law in the middle of these cases because of drama so it keeps the peace and no one can refuse anything they ask them to do no matter what .
I just had to go back and look at this again. Do you really even believe this yourself? No one can refuse to do whatever a childrens services case worker tells them to do no matter what, just because they have a law enforcement officer with them?

Really? And you believe this?

Wow. People are sheep.
wondering

West Plains, MO

#13 Apr 23, 2013
Annom wrote:
Actually I just found our from a friend going threw the same thing with his 15 year old daughter. The age of consent is 15. So if she consents to have sex with him, they cant press charges. Welcome to Missouri!
Depends on the age of the guy.

Since: Mar 12

Ozark, MO

#14 Apr 23, 2013
Yes DFS can get involved and charges can be pressed whether or not the parent agrees or is aware. It is because of the safety of the child. That's like saying it's okay for any adult to have sex with a child as long as it's okay with the parents. Think about it. It's called statutory rape. The cops however do have to find evidence and it depends on how careless the teens are or how persistant the cop is. It can be done. FYI DFS does not have to come to your door to talk to your children. They can always go to the school and talk to the child threre. Your methods of "out smarting the cops and DFS" are idiotic and makes you look like a less than upstanding citizen. You would be just compounding a problem. DFS was created to protect children. Law inforcement is there to protect citizens.(Yes I know, not 100% of them do it) but Reguardless, that is what the system is set up to be. Fighting them when they are simply trying to ensure children are safe just makes you an idiot!! Why hide when there is nothing to be hid? If you have something to hide than you should rethink your priorities.
Judge

West Plains, MO

#15 Apr 23, 2013
Teresa Royo wrote:
Yes DFS can get involved and charges can be pressed whether or not the parent agrees or is aware. It is because of the safety of the child. That's like saying it's okay for any adult to have sex with a child as long as it's okay with the parents. Think about it. It's called statutory rape. The cops however do have to find evidence and it depends on how careless the teens are or how persistant the cop is. It can be done. FYI DFS does not have to come to your door to talk to your children. They can always go to the school and talk to the child threre. Your methods of "out smarting the cops and DFS" are idiotic and makes you look like a less than upstanding citizen. You would be just compounding a problem. DFS was created to protect children. Law inforcement is there to protect citizens.(Yes I know, not 100% of them do it) but Reguardless, that is what the system is set up to be. Fighting them when they are simply trying to ensure children are safe just makes you an idiot!! Why hide when there is nothing to be hid? If you have something to hide than you should rethink your priorities.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? No one said that charges could not be filed if there was an issue. No one - but you of course. What was said, is you do not have to allow Childrens Services employees into your house. And you don't. I have provided you with proof - by doing a simple google search like I pointed out.

No one said either that anyone was "outsmarting the cops and DFS", that is all you. You are trying to put words in other peoples mouths, and by doing so you look like an idiot.

Childrens Services is there to protect the children, but can, and do, overstep their bounds. That is a simple fact. Anyone dealing with them SHOULD KNOW THEIR RIGHTS - and Missouri Department of Social Services is not going to help you to know those rights.

And - what is the DFS you are refering to? If you had a CLUE (they are selling them at Walmart so you could pick one up) you would know that there is no such agency as DFS. Check it out. Look it up. Then come back and admit you are wrong and do not have a clue.

Have a nice day.
whatever

Mount Vernon, MO

#16 Apr 23, 2013
(DFS)Division of Family Services. Now known as Family Support Division. The governor changes the name all the time. Just like welfare, AFDC, TANF - That's all the same thing - They just change the name. So yes DFS is an agency!
Judge

West Plains, MO

#17 Apr 23, 2013
Program Divisions:
Children’s Division
Family Support Division
MO HealthNet Division
Division of Youth Services

Support Divisions:
Division of Legal Services
Division of Finance and Administrative Services
Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Unit

None of those are DFS, and if Ms Royo is so smart she would know that, yet she does not even understand it.
wondering

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Judge wrote:
Program Divisions:
ChildrenÂ’s Division
Family Support Division
MO HealthNet Division
Division of Youth Services

Support Divisions:
Division of Legal Services
Division of Finance and Administrative Services
Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Unit

None of those are DFS, and if Ms Royo is so smart she would know that, yet she does not even understand it.
While DFS may not be the legal name anymore we all know what is being referred to!

Stop sweating the small stuff and worry about the real issue!

Whatever the name of the good for nothing agency is they are allowing a child to be sexually abused by an 18 yr old man!!!! And don't say it isn't abuse and that she is consenting because she isn't old enough to consent!
wondering

United States

#19 Apr 23, 2013
And the whole family is as bad as the agency for allowing it. They will all go to hell for it and when she gets pregnant there will be no more hiding it! Too bad it will be allowed to happen.
Judge

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Apr 24, 2013
it is simple. It is a law enforcement issue. Childrens division can only recommend that Law Enforcement act.

Remember - Childrens Division can NOT take children. ONLY law enforcement can - in an emergency that could affect the safety of the child, or by court order. Law Enforcement then turns the children over to Childrens Division.

It is frightening how it really works. Childrens Division has to ask the juvenile office to prepare the request for a court order to the judge, and they can turn them down. Then, the Judge has to be convinced.

If it is done as an emergency, ie say the PD takes a child out of the house because of imminent danger - then a court order has to be filed for very quickly in order for the removal to last any amount of time.

Childrens Division can NOT take children.

And for those that want to kick, yell, scream, or curse me, I am not saying the rules are right - I am just saying what the rules are.

Start with an agency that makes their social workers spend MOST of their time being clerical workers... They have a crappy job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 min RNC Rightwing NUT... 97,774
Are there any contemporary churches in West Pla... (Oct '10) 2 hr Judy 38
sr gowns etc 3 hr end of my rope 1
Workplace romance 3 hr dont cheat 48
Alzheimer's Victim's last song 4 hr Guitarantula 3
hot sauce as a punishment 4 hr survivor 14
lane baugh 5 hr Micheal haft 11
West Plains Dating
Find my Match

West Plains Jobs

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Plains

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]