Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93346 Jan 14, 2014
Constitution Party wrote:
Your Mission Statement says that you all want to limit the Federal government to constitutional delinations only.

So in essence, your constitution party wants to totally do away with the federal government outside of electing congress, representatives, presidents, minting money and organizing a militia. So what happens to all the government entities that are not set out in the constitution such as the IRS, Homeland Security, Department of Transportation. Social Security, Medicare, Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC, NASA, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Education, etc?.

So in essence, the constitution party wants to gut the federal government back down to false representation only. Why does that thought make me shudder..

And I thought the Teabaggers were the crazies.
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93347 Jan 14, 2014
The Constitution Party wants to take us back 237 years. The Tea Party only wants to digress us backwards 50 years.

The crazies just keep getting crazier.
Impach Obama

United States

#93348 Jan 14, 2014
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire. As a liberal, I am for prosperity of all US citizens, including the middle class.
These days, it is primarily the "Tea Partiers" in the US House who are anti-prosperity and growth for the American middle class. The "Tea Partiers" have spent a lot of time on foolishly attempting to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and attempting to enact their various religious laws.
However, they do not seem to be able to find the time to attempt to help the US economy -- like passing jobs bills, for example, to provide prosperity and growth for ALL Americans.
Lieing propogandist. All the liberal Demonrats have done is expand government and reduce freedoms to destroy prosperity and growth for the middle class.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#93349 Jan 14, 2014
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he? Simple as those who follow him.
He is part of an agenda to expand government and take away freedom so you will be dependant upon him.
That is the Liberal agenda-The people are too stupid to fend for themselves so limit their growth and prosperity.
Keep your change (the currency).
I would rather earn and spend my own gold and contribute to a robust economy than line and fill the coffers of the greedy narcisistic liberal Demonrats.
Simple solution then. Just speak up and tell your greedy repubs to stop giving big business tax breaks! Then they can use those saved millions to move their companies overseas for slave labor salaries and then shipping those goods back into our country for the same or higher prices as before the movemnet.

That is what is destroying the middle class in America. NO JOBS! Only thanks to greedy big business repubs lobbiests!

Not only are the greedy repubs destroying the middle class {which usually do not get governemtental financial support or tax breaks} but are destroying this nation. Big business and the wealthy wish for this country to become as most third world nations so we all become slaves to their needs!

Do away with greedy big business lobbiests so we the workers can have a "fair shake"!

“Now do whats right!”

Doolittle, Mo.

#93350 Jan 14, 2014
Impach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid moron! How many times do you have to be told that the Tea Party is an American Middle Class movement!
The GOP is their first tool which is being reformed and you stupid narcisistic freedom robbing Demonrats are in great fear of what will be the fate of your agenda.
Always amuses me when someone realizes he is owned so he reverts to his childish name calling days.
Mutt

Sikeston, MO

#93351 Jan 14, 2014
Impach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Lieing propogandist. All the liberal Demonrats have done is expand government and reduce freedoms to destroy prosperity and growth for the middle class.
Impeach these nuts!

“Now do whats right!”

Doolittle, Mo.

#93354 Jan 14, 2014
Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeach these nuts!
I have a suggestion for you'all stop using this campaign slogan {IMPEACH} AND ELECT A CANADATE THAT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WILL VOTE FOR.

Let me assure you American's will never elect an extremist, right or left. Ron Paul, Rand Paul or ?{maybe you can name a lefty extremest who ran or who will run for the office.}
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93355 Jan 14, 2014
Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan & Kevin McCarthy: Plot To Sabotage US Economy with Frank Luntz

On January 20, 2009 Republican Leaders in Congress literally plotted to sabotage and undermine U.S. Economy during President Obama's Inauguration.

On that night in a private room at the Caucus Room restaurant in Washington, Republican leaders plotted to intentionally sabotage and undermine the Obama presidency at every turn, no matter how much damage it did to the American people.

In Robert Draper's book, "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives" Draper wrote that during a four hour, "invitation only" meeting with GOP Hate-Propaganda Minister, Frank Luntz, the below listed Senior GOP Law Writers literally plotted to sabotage, undermine and destroy America's Economy.

The Guest List:
Frank Luntz - GOP Minister of Propaganda
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA)
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA),
Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX),
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX),
Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-MI)
Rep. Dan Lungren (R-CA),
Sen. Jim DeMint (SC-R),
Sen. Jon Kyl (AZ-R),
Sen. Tom Coburn (OK-R),
Sen. John Ensign (NV-R) and
Sen. Bob Corker (TN-R).

Non-lawmakers present Newt Gingrich

Con't.in next post
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93356 Jan 14, 2014
Two months after their covert meeting where they plotted to sabotage the US Economy, in March 2009, Rep. Pete Sessions said Republicans should follow the model of the Taliban in its battles against President Obama.

"Taliban Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban. Insurgency is the way they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- is an example of how you go about to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that Insurgency may be required when [dealing with] the other side"
~Rep Pete Sessions, March 2009 to National Journal

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/08/1098... #
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93357 Jan 14, 2014
Republicans Are Clearly Happy to Destroy the Country...If They Can Get Political Leverage Out of It

Republican Senators included Tom Coburn, John Ensign, Bob Corker, Jon Kyl and now-Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint.

Newt Gingrich was also in attendance and on my radio show a few months ago, he bragged that the purpose of the dinner meeting was to come up with a plan to sabotage the Obama presidency.

After all, he said that,“the opposition party ought to sit down and try to figure out how to get back in power. That’s why they’re the opposition party.”

During the dinner, the Republican conspirators vowed to bring Congress to a standstill, regardless of how badly Congressional inaction would hurt the already hurting American economy and people.

In essence, they pledged to each other to obstruct filibuster and block any legislation that might improve the economy, and thus make President Obama look good.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/r...
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93358 Jan 14, 2014
Tea Party Republicans Seem Determined to Destroy the United States for Their Own Benefit

I’m reaching a point with tea party Republicans where I no longer know what to say to these people. The idiocy emanating from that part of the Republican party is so vast that they’ve passed the point of ideological political differences and have fully embraced outright mental instability.

I really believe these people have every intention to destroy the United States. It’s the only way they can get what they really want.

But what do they want, you ask? Well, a country based on a Constitution they wished existed, crafted by theology—controlled by the rich.

See, the Constitution as it stands now doesn’t support the kind of nation they want. They want some kind of Constitution based on theocracy. Something that our current Constitution doesn’t support. Which is clearly stated right from the beginning, where it says Americans have the “freedom of religion,” which also means freedom from religion and freedom to practice any religion.

But we really can’t just focus on “tea party Republicans” because it isn’t just about a label as much as it is about the people involved. Sure, the “people” have flocked to the Republican party, but long ago many of these areas that are currently “tea party-backed” regions of our country were once filled with staunch Democrats.

But as these people shifted from Democrats, to Dixiecrats, to Republicans and now “tea party Republicans,” they’ve made it clear that there’s one group of people they support, and want in control of this country—wealthy, white, straight, Christian males.

Read more of this article here:
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/tea-party-...

A very good explanation of who the Tea Party really is.
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93359 Jan 14, 2014
Who the hell do these Tea Party Republicans represent? I'll tell you who they don't represent.

Women

Well, they sure don’t represent women. Many of them voted against the Violence Against Women Act, opposed legislation which would require employers to pay women the same as men, stripped abortion rights and fought against easier access to contraceptives. They’ve attacked Planned Parenthood all across the country, and some have even gone as far to claim that not all rape is actually rape. The way in which many of these conservatives treat women like second-class citizens is reprehensible. It’s often a group of all-male lawmakers sitting on a committee deciding what’s best for women’s health. It’s pathetic and it shows a total disrespect for women.

Any Religion Other Than Christianity

These people really believe they represent Christianity – I, however, do not believe that they do. They represent some cult-like hybrid of a political party blended with a handful of excerpts from the Bible. I call it “Republicanity.”

But when it comes to tolerance for other religions, Republicans have none. To many of them, most other religions are just filled with heathens and Muslims are all just radical terrorists who hate the United States and wish to see it destroyed — which, of course, is absurd.

They talk often about “religious freedom,” but they really only mean religious freedom for their religion. And they really don’t even mean religious freedom. What they actually mean is they want the freedom to enforce their religious views on other people.

And that’s not religious freedom, that’s religious control.

Con't
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93360 Jan 14, 2014
Minorities/Immigrants

Well, they’re getting better when it comes to minorities — at least a few of them, anyway. But it’s not because they want to, it’s because they really have to. They realize if they want to remain relevant in national elections they better start appealing to minorities better — specifically Latinos.

Don’t forget, this is the party that just last year had their presidential candidate run on the immigration platform of “self deportation.” For those unaware of what self deportation is, it’s the process of making life so unbearable for undocumented workers that they return back to their home countries. Essentially, the policy that we should treat undocumented immigrants so inhumanely that they’d flee the United States.

And let’s not forget that a sensible immigration reform bill was sent to the House of Representatives, but Speaker Boehner just refuses to vote on it — literally. He won’t allow the bill to even come up for a vote.

Then should we look at their new strict measures as it relates to their voter ID laws? Laws which seem to specifically target minority voters. Well, laws which target voters who often vote for Democrats — and many of these voters happen to be minorities.

Or the comments similar to those made by Republican Senator Rand Paul, who said he feels that the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional.

Quick, name a few of the most recognized faces of the Republican party or the right-wing media:

George W. Bush, John Boehner, Dick Cheney, Eric Cantor, Mitch McConnell, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, Glenn Beck, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, John McCain—I’ll stop there. The list, of course, is just based on who I think of when I think of recent “big name” Republicans.

Notice anything? Almost entirely male, with only one female — and every single one of them is white.

So they sure as heck don’t represent minorities.
Con't
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93361 Jan 14, 2014
The Poor/Middle Class

Last year they threatened to allow tax breaks for every American to expire, unless the top 2% got to keep their tax breaks as well. Think about that for a moment. They would rather have 100% of Americans pay more in taxes instead of just the top 2%.

Hell, their entire political ideology is based upon “give more to the rich, then they’ll give back to us.” Their push for fewer regulations, eliminating the minimum wage, austerity, a flat tax or tax cuts in general always benefit the rich. If they happen to help the other 98% of Americans — well that’s fine and dandy, but that’s not the stated objective.

When millions of Americans needed a job, you know what they did? Forced budget cuts which eliminated tens of thousands of public jobs. Then they have the nerve to accuse those needing government assistance of being “lazy moochers.” Nothing quite like forcing people on welfare, building policies which ensure more people will rely on welfare, then complaining about people being on welfare.

It’s asinine.
Con't
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93362 Jan 14, 2014
Workers

How exactly do they represent workers? They vigorously oppose unions (you know, the things which fought to give us safe working conditions, overtime pay, health benefits, weekends, holidays and worker’s compensation). They always oppose any mention of a hike to our minimum wage, don’t support regulations which would keep companies from outsourcing jobs and often fight against any government regulation which might provide protections for workers against unethical business practices by their employers.

When it comes down to helping the business or the worker, they choose the business every time.

Children

Ah yes, the “pro-life” party. Ironic considering they also often brag about their frequent use of the death penalty. Republicans are great at caring about an unborn fetus, it’s just the whole – rest of his or her life they tend to not care about. You know, because if that child happens to be born female, into a family of immigrants who aren’t Christians, who happens to be gay and ends up working blue-collar jobs their entire life — that child is everything Republicans constantly stand against.
Oh Really

Malden, MO

#93363 Jan 14, 2014
So much for the party of "family values." They are the worst of the worst hypocrits and liars I have ever witnessed.
Guest3

United States

#93364 Jan 14, 2014
I venture to this thread on a rare occasion and find it is very much like a soap opera. Same story different day. It is almost as much a liberal propagandist blog as "Oh Really" seems to subscribe to. C'est la vie on Topix.
reel

United States

#93365 Jan 14, 2014
Jest have mo babies!!! U get all kindza monies...havent yall got that figurd out ?
Brain Dead Liberals

West Plains, MO

#93368 Jan 14, 2014
OMNIBUS SPENDING BILL CONTINUES FUNDING FOOD STAMP ADS IN MEXICO
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

Iran Celebrates American ‘Surrender’
~ Thanks Obama. We are losers all around the world now.
http://conservativebyte.com/2014/01/iran-cele...

U.S. FAILS TO CRACK ANNUAL TOP 10 LIST OF ECONOMICALLY FREE COUNTRIES
The United States failed to make the top 10 list of economically free countries in the 2014 Index of Economic Freedom.

Instead, the top 10 spots went to Denmark, Ireland, Mauritius, Chile, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.

The United States came in at number 12. The U.S. was ranked number 6 when President Barack Obama took office in 2009.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/14/u-...

Bipartisan Spending Deal Leaves 90% of Veteran Pension Cuts In Place…
~ How Pathetic! Meanwhile, the welfare flows unfettered to lazy bums!
http://weaselzippers.us/bipartisan-spending-d...

Syrian Cleric Who Condones Suicide Bombings Against Jewish Civilians Secures U.S. Visa…
http://weaselzippers.us/syrian-cleric-who-con...

Obamanomics: America Drops Out Of The Top 10 Most Economically Free Countries For First Time…
~ Then again, this was probably his plan all along.
http://weaselzippers.us/obamanomics-america-d...

Need More Fear Mongering: Democrats Say They Will Pressure TV Networks To Give Global Warming More Coverage…
http://weaselzippers.us/need-more-fear-monger...

Study: Al-Qaeda Behind 95% of World’s Suicide Bombings…
~ Despite them being “on the path to defeat", as per Obozo.
http://weaselzippers.us/study-al-qaeda-behind...

California Elementary School Forces First-Grader To Stop Her Presentation After She Cites Bible Verse,“Stop Right There! Go Take Your Seat!”…
~ A Muslim student could have the class recite the shahada and I guarantee the teacher would have said nothing.
http://weaselzippers.us/california-elementary...

ALLEN WEST: OBAMA 'ABJECTLY DESPISES' WHITES
'How long will it be before 'you people' realize'
http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/allen-west-obama-a...

First IRS, now FBI shafts tea party
http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/first-irs-now-fbi-...
Shep

New Fairfield, CT

#93369 Jan 14, 2014
Assurance of Salvation

Philippians Chapter 2

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deafening 26 min grave digger 1
the Nation rallies 27 min grave digger 1
tickets for turning left on red??? 46 min nauseatingly worried 2
Traffic cameras (Jun '14) 57 min nauseatingly worried 17
frustrated 59 min grave digger 1
mar a lago 1 hr grave digger 1
Afghanistan 1 hr grave digger 1

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance