Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
I Lost My Plan Thx 2 ACA

Trimble, MO

#90387 Nov 16, 2013
Lies, Damn Lies and ObamaCare

Last week I was informed by the agent who handles my firm’s health-care insurance that, come 2014, our group plan will be cancelled and replaced with an ObamaCare plan.

Never mind that President Obama, his spokespeople, and Democratic Congressional leaders all stated over and over that Americans happy with their health-care plans would be able to keep them. Never mind that none of that was true.

Now those same leaders – not to mention all sorts of political talking heads – are saying that the only plans being cancelled are subpar plans that don’t meet the minimum requirements of ObamaCare. They’re saying the cancellations will only affect a small percentage of individual plans.

None of that is true, either.

Our plan is a small business (2-50 employees) group PPO plan with low deductibles, out-of-network coverage, the whole nine yards. Read my lips: it’s not a subpar plan. And you know what it’s being replaced by? An EPO plan – a new designation with no out-of-network coverage at far higher premiums with a fraction of the number of doctors.

Here’s the thing. I’ve had PPO health-care coverage for decades. I don’t want to get into personal details here, but suffice to say that, without out-of-network coverage, I probably would have lost a loved one many years ago.

As I understand it, under ObamaCare, Blue Shield of California will no longer be offering PPO plans in quite a few California counties such as Alameda, which includes Oakland and Berkeley. Let me tell you: that’s a very big deal that will impact a lot of people.

When it comes to ObamaCare, everyone’s mincing words these days. They’re afraid to say our leaders lied. And they’re afraid to say they’re still lying. That’s entirely understandable. They want to be accurate. They want to be truthful. They want to be honest. Well thank God somebody does. Nobody in Washington seems to.

Well, here’s how I see it. It sure looks to me as if the President of the United States, members of his administration, and Democratic Congressional leaders didn’t just lie. I think they intentionally perverted the truth. And I think they did it because, if they didn’t, they knew the bill wouldn’t pass through Congress.

And Congress passed a bill it knew would dramatically impact Americans' rights – you know, our inalienable constitutional right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness – without even reading it. And they subverted the constitution by using the Commerce Clause to ram it through the Senate without a single Republican vote.

If that isn’t enough, the Supreme Court upheld ObamaCare’s individual mandate as a tax, even though President Obama and congressional leaders clearly stated it wasn’t a tax. Had they proposed it as a tax, they never would have gotten it through Congress.

I wish this was just about lying, dishonesty, and accountability. To me, it goes way beyond that. To me, and apparently the Merriam Webster dictionary, this is fraud:

fraud noun

a: deceit, trickery; specifically: intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
I Lost My Plan Thx 2 ACA

Trimble, MO

#90388 Nov 16, 2013
If a CEO or CFO of a public corporation pulled something like this, it would be fraud. The only difference is this fraud was committed against the American people. Not a small percentage of the American people. Not just the ones with individual coverage. Not just the ones who had subpar plans, whatever that means.

We’ve recently seen reports that, way back in 2010, the Obama administration knew ObamaCare would dramatically disrupt private health insurance plans. They knew that at least 93 million Americans would lose their health plan coverage. And, by some estimates, the actual number will be much higher.

According to the administration’s commentary in the Federal Register, in addition to individual plan disruption,“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66% of small employer plans and 45% of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013.”

Perhaps more importantly, under ObamaCare we will have fewer choices, higher premium costs, and far fewer doctors. Let me spell that out for you: fewer choices + higher costs + fewer doctors = poorer health care.

I’m no constitutional expert but it sure looks to me as if at least two branches of the Federal Government – branches that are supposed to provide checks and balances to keep each other from overstepping their bounds – committed fraud by perverting the truth and subverting the constitution to get Americans to give up some of their rights.

Let me tell you something, folks. We’ve seen this sort of leadership behavior before. We’ve seen it at companies like Enron, WorldCom, Tyco, and Adelphia. If you’ve ever wondered what makes powerful executives commit fraud, the answer is simple. They think they’re above the truth and the law. They think they know better. And they think they can exert their will over others without being held to account.

When that happens, it’s called absolute power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That’s what I think we’re seeing here. The organization of our federal government into three unique and autonomous branches was supposed to keep this sort of thing from happening. It didn’t. It failed.

How can we the people let this stand? And if we do, what’s next?
Truth Teller

Rock Port, MO

#90389 Nov 16, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
ChilliJ and I are still live in reality. Unlike you, we never left.
What's with the "5 years of Obama accomplishments" list? ROFL!
<.Insert rude noises here!!!.>
Nice attempt at deflection...the list of Obama accomplishments would be where you list the things Obama has accomplished while in office....Tell Chilli J.it is not "unchristian" to point out behaviors that are detrimental to people living up to their God given potential.

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#90390 Nov 16, 2013
DAWG BEYOND CLUELESS wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutt, my name is not Dan, never had been. I've never been to Branson and I don't even know what a Smifville is. Don't really care either. This is just another attempt, like you did this morning on your ADMITTED St Louis Retard alias to try and change the attention away from your dumb ass screwing up and revealing your alias.
You have never kicked anyone's ass much less mine. You are nothing but a gutless coward that runs from me, and anyone else, that challenges you or calls you out on your bullshit and lies.
You just sit there in your demented little world pretending that you haven't been owned. It doesn't change the fact that you are nothing but an idiot who had no life and is about as dumb as dumb can get.
Now get on your retard alias and do your usual monkey dick act then come back as Yellow Mutt and try again to cover up your stupidity.
You prove that Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
If I didn't OWN YOU, you would not protest so much. Your bloviation shows that you dance to my tune. We all enjoy watching you dance like Pinocchio having his strings pulled by Geppetto.

#90391 Nov 16, 2013
rally wrote:
Just address both these guys as chilli-dawg . Clinton just owned and dissed Obama . Imagine Obama as the captain of the titanic and Pelosi and Ried are two of the 4 quartet playing the music on the deck. Here's where only three go down with the ship . The rest of those yellow democrats are running for the hills trying to get on any life boat they can find.
Let me try to get your analogy straight: the Titanic is sinking into the ocean, and the rest of the democrats are running for the hills trying to get on any lifeboat they can find?

Run for the hills, boys! That's where the LIFEBOATS are! Ah, hahahahahahahaha! Duh! Absolutely clueless!_8-)

#90392 Nov 16, 2013
rally wrote:
Or it could be the dawg in the chilli
Or it could be a chili dog._8-)
DAWG BEYOND CLUELESS

United States

#90393 Nov 16, 2013
I see the Yellow Mutt is still doing his rinse and repeat "I've had my ass kicked" routine. Same as always, he gets his ass kicked and then he tries to make believe that he "owns people". He is the proof that Liberals suffer from mental disorders.

#90394 Nov 16, 2013
Brain Dead Liberals wrote:
Hope they stay over there. We've got enough idiots over here.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/5RAaW_1FzYg...
You gotta admit, hillbilly, that video sometimes showed some pretty good driving. I bet you always slip-slide up and down the hills on US 65 in the wintertime! You would not be able to cope in any kind of high-density traffic situation in the real world!

#90395 Nov 16, 2013
... In those four weeks, and the two prior, everything conservatives said would happen has happened....
ROFL! Oh, YEAH! Like defunding "ObamaCare"! Ah, hahahahahahaha! Clueless!

How many votes have been taken by these House dipsticks? 40? <.giggle!.>

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#90396 Nov 16, 2013
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text> Nice attempt at deflection...the list of Obama accomplishments would be where you list the things Obama has accomplished while in office....Tell Chilli J.it is not "unchristian" to point out behaviors that are detrimental to people living up to their God given potential.
Are you trying to convince me or yourself that your angry, hateful, judgmental, labeling ways aren't UnChristian? What more do you want? I've already forgiven you for your lack of compassion for those struggling hard-working folks who are temporarily in need.

If you're looking for absolution, talk to a priest! You "Point out behaviors that are detrimental?" Hahaha! Whatever helps you sleep at night. Be honest with yourself, you look down your nose at them because they already got the layoff notice you could get next week.

Let us know when you get laid off. I might find some empty space in a corner of my garage for you and the little "truth tellers" to keep a roof over your heads Then again, I might not. Will you still be the same UnChristian, judgmental hater dufus then?*grin*

#90397 Nov 16, 2013
... the Grand Old Party has bounced back ...
California Republican US Representative Sonny Bono said it best, back in 1996, "Our problem was that we started believing our own rhetoric."

#90398 Nov 16, 2013
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text> Nice attempt at deflection ... the list of Obama accomplishments would be where you list the things Obama has accomplished while in office .... Tell Chilli J. it is not "unchristian" to point out behaviors that are detrimental to people living up to their God given potential.
Just tell us again how President Obama has been in office for 5 years. ROFL!

You aren't by any chance "Norton" are you?
Constitution Party

Southbury, CT

#90399 Nov 16, 2013
A BREAKDOWN IN THE RULE OF LAW:

Darrell Castle talks about President Obama’s order delaying implementation of provisions of Obamacare that led to the cancellation of millions of health care policies.

https://soundcloud.com/castle-report/a-breakd...

Listen to more Castle Reports on Sound Cloud, or choose from the complete collection at www.castlereport.us .
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#90400 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Just tell us again how President Obama has been in office for 5 years. ROFL!
You aren't by any chance "Norton" are you?
The Clinton-Obama agenda goes back 20 years!

Obama a Clinton on steroids has been disasterous to Prosperity, Freedoms, and Growth for the Middle Class.

The Demon-crat hold has to be broken.
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#90401 Nov 17, 2013
rally wrote:
Just address both these guys as chilli-dawg . Clinton just owned and dissed Obama . Imagine Obama as the captain of the titanic and Pelosi and Ried are two of the 4 quartet playing the music on the deck. Here's where only three go down with the ship . The rest of those yellow democrats are running for the hills trying to get on any life boat they can find.
Obama screwed up!

He drew attention to the Clinton agenda by creating an immediate political physical harm to the middle working class.

Twenty years of hidden sleeze exposed by immediate & stupid arrogance, greed and narcisisim.
Citizen X

United States

#90402 Nov 17, 2013
@ I LOST MY PLAN THNX TO THE ACA:

When the ACA was sold to the public, you were told the insurance companies were going to have to fly right or pay up. People with preexisting conditions could breath easy, and people with plans they liked could keep them.

But this law was not for the American people - this law was written by the insurance industry, for the insurance industry - democrats led the charge, and republicans rolled over when the script called for it.

They all work together to mind the sheep..........

What D. D. Eisenhower warned you about has come true..........
patriot

Sparta, MO

#90403 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
California Republican US Representative Sonny Bono said it best, back in 1996, "Our problem was that we started believing our own rhetoric."
You're pathetic
http://dcclothesline.com/2013/06/29/the-many-...
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#90404 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
ROFL! Oh, YEAH! Like defunding "ObamaCare"! Ah, hahahahahahaha! Clueless!
How many votes have been taken by these House dipsticks? 40? <.giggle!.>
Clueless? Dipstick? Giggle?

Are you on this planet?

Or are you in mourning/disbelief that your Obama can no longer be your Messiah?
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#90405 Nov 17, 2013
Citizen X wrote:
@ I LOST MY PLAN THNX TO THE ACA:
When the ACA was sold to the public, you were told the insurance companies were going to have to fly right or pay up. People with preexisting conditions could breath easy, and people with plans they liked could keep them.
But this law was not for the American people - this law was written by the insurance industry, for the insurance industry - democrats led the charge, and republicans rolled over when the script called for it.
They all work together to mind the sheep..........
What D. D. Eisenhower warned you about has come true..........
"ACA" is Obamacare! The term "ACA" was introduced so the Dems and Obama could distance themselves from this disaster.
Citizen X

United States

#90406 Nov 17, 2013
@ Agenda:
No shit Sherlock, thanks for the clarification. You see, when bills go through congress, they have title pages, and the formal title is The Affordable Health Care Act. "Obamacare" is nickname.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
666 (Jul '17) 1 hr Poster Child for ... 54
Ruddie Stratton (Jun '15) 2 hr Dj Lox 10
Fire and Fury 2 hr Old Guy 40
trump is a liar. (Apr '17) 3 hr Poster Child for ... 70
What's the difference 3 hr Old Guy 13
government shutdown 3 hr Old Guy 19
through the years 4 hr Raw 14 5

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance