“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#74830 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>

The concordance in my Bible (NIV) says blaspheme is to speak carelessly, falsely or insultingly about God or holy things.
Mark 3:29 But whosoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, he is guilty of an eternal sin.
Clear enough?
CHEERS!
I would say, "Skeee-rew the holy spirit," but I don't even believe in it.

That clear enough for ya'?
GOP NeoConfederacy

Hazelwood, MO

#74831 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my you sound just like Dawg! Must be his twin?
First place, anybody that blasphemes God would not believe in God. That is just common sense, which you don't seem to have.
What is wrong with the NIV? Please give me your expert opinion......since you know so much about the Bible!:)
CHEERS!
Norton you do that EVERYDAY...you are our Topix version of Todd Aiken...it goes to the heart of what Jesus said about the Pharasee of his day " you know not what you do"

Norton aren't you really a BIG vain glorious Pharasee telling us LOUDLY how righteous and good you are?

But You Defy GOD since you misuse and misinterpret the Scripture for your own despicable aims...you truly are a DUMB unwitting tool of Satan!

Just like Todd Aiken you give Cristians, and Missourians a BAD Name!

Have ANOTHER Nice UNRAPTURED Day!!!!
CHEERS
Norton

Hollister, MO

#74832 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
First place, anybody that blasphemes God would not believe in God. That is just common sense, which you don't seem to have.
What is wrong with the NIV? Please give me your expert opinion......since you know so much about the Bible!:)
CHEERS!
So you INTERPRET blasphemy as a disbelief in God. It's "common sense" you say. The whole point Nortie, is that a person can interpret the Bible to say whatever it is they want to say. Then unscupulous church leaders can use the lack of Bible knowledge displayed by their flock to twist around the words of the Holy Father to fit whatever prejudices the church leader doing the twisting might have. This "twisting" then creates a generation of persons who do not actually know God or his teachings and instead are parroting the teachings of their church leader who may or may not have God in his heart,(and judging by the televangelists' run-ins with violence, prostitution, and drugs most don't). It's pretty easy to spot these "twisted" Bible followers especially when said person cannot actually quote from the Bible to back up their arguements because they NEVER LEARNED THE BIBLE. They only learned the brainwashing.
Norton

Hollister, MO

#74833 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEERS!
Ok, I'm gonna try to explain it to you, but something tells me your willful ignorance will continue.

It's called the "Translation Effect" and it goes something like this.(I'm heavily paraphrasing) Theoretical Steve lives in NYC. He decides to send out his grandmother's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe with fudge frosting to his friend in the British Isles, who will then send the recipe further east until it eventually circumnavigates the globe and returns to Theoretical Steve via his friend Sally in California. The catch is that the recipe can only be sent to native speakers in each country and those speakers must then translate the recipe into their native language. Still with me Nortie? So we have a recipe circling the globe and when each person recieves it they must translate it into their own language from a foreign one. Ie: English to Spanish then Spanish to Greek, Greek to Russian, etc......

One would think that Steve would get back his grammy's recipe unchanged right? WRONG. Language doesn't translate exactly. For instance, when many Italians who don't speak English read the word fudge for the frosting, they actually come back with chocolate hazelnut spread. Why? Because for Italians in Italy, Nutella occupies the same niche as fudge and peanut butter do in America. It's like a rumor in high school. It starts out by Steve telling his buddy Jimmy that he slept with Lisa. Jimmy then tells the next guy that Steve got Lisa pregnant. Then on and on until word finally gets back to Steve that Lisa is pregnant by him with a reptiloid baby.

The translation effect is even worse between languages that don't have a common base. English, Spanish, Italian all come from the same place, Latin so even though they are different languages, there is a basis for comparison. But Japanese and English? not even CLOSE.

engrish.com states it more eloquently than I ever could have.

So try to listen to this next part ok? Take a book, written thousands of years ago in a dead language NO ONE SPEAKS. Then translate that book upwards of twenty to thirty times into different languages, sometimes languages that have no connection to one another. Keep in mind that the people ordering, funding, and controlling these translations are almost ALWAYS rulers of state who most likely have agendas of their own.(Anglican Chuch anyone?) Do you not see how errors could have crept into the Bible? You have plain old human self-interest. You have HUGE potentials for language misunderstandings. Worst of all, you have TIME. Translations stacked on translations. If it was a science experiment, it would be hopelessly compromised.

Either you:

1. understand this and become a better Christian and more understanding of the Bible you use more than you read.
2. are intrigued by the things I have brought up and do research on your own and become a better Christian and more understanding of the Bible you use more than you read.

or

3. nothing changes because you truly are the troll I called you out to be.

Education can only benefit you.
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#74834 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'm gonna try to explain it to you, but something tells me your willful ignorance will continue.
It's called the "Translation Effect" and it goes something like this.(I'm heavily paraphrasing) Theoretical Steve lives in NYC. He decides to send out his grandmother's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe with fudge frosting to his friend in the British Isles, who will then send the recipe further east until it eventually circumnavigates the globe and returns to Theoretical Steve via his friend Sally in California. The catch is that the recipe can only be sent to native speakers in each country and those speakers must then translate the recipe into their native language. Still with me Nortie? So we have a recipe circling the globe and when each person recieves it they must translate it into their own language from a foreign one. Ie: English to Spanish then Spanish to Greek, Greek to Russian, etc......
One would think that Steve would get back his grammy's recipe unchanged right? WRONG. Language doesn't translate exactly. For instance, when many Italians who don't speak English read the word fudge for the frosting, they actually come back with chocolate hazelnut spread. Why? Because for Italians in Italy, Nutella occupies the same niche as fudge and peanut butter do in America. It's like a rumor in high school. It starts out by Steve telling his buddy Jimmy that he slept with Lisa. Jimmy then tells the next guy that Steve got Lisa pregnant. Then on and on until word finally gets back to Steve that Lisa is pregnant by him with a reptiloid baby.
The translation effect is even worse between languages that don't have a common base. English, Spanish, Italian all come from the same place, Latin so even though they are different languages, there is a basis for comparison. But Japanese and English? not even CLOSE.
So try to listen to this next part ok? Take a book, written thousands of years ago in a dead language NO ONE SPEAKS. Then translate that book upwards of twenty to thirty times into different languages, sometimes languages that have no connection to one another. Keep in mind that the people ordering, funding, and controlling these translations are almost ALWAYS rulers of state who most likely have agendas of their own.(Anglican Chuch anyone?) Do you not see how errors could have crept into the Bible? You have plain old human self-interest. You have HUGE potentials for language misunderstandings. Worst of all, you have TIME. Translations stacked on translations. If it was a science experiment, it would be hopelessly compromised.
Either you:
1. understand this and become a better Christian and more understanding of the Bible you use more than you read.
2. are intrigued by the things I have brought up and do research on your own and become a better Christian and more understanding of the Bible you use more than you read.
or
Hogwash! That's about all I can say!
I have met people from all over the world and we believe the same.
Sooooooo, I guess we have a common bond.......and that is the Word of God. I am sorry but you don't get it!

CHEERS!
Norton

Hollister, MO

#74835 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash! That's about all I can say!
I have met people from all over the world and we believe the same.
Sooooooo, I guess we have a common bond.......and that is the Word of God. I am sorry but you don't get it!
CHEERS!
Wow. All I can say. wow. You just missed the entire point.

“Vote for Cruz -- you LOSE!”

Since: Sep 09

LOL @ "COW HIDE" Dan!

#74836 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash! That's about all I can say!...
We know.
Everyday Joe

Saint Louis, MO

#74837 Jan 9, 2013
http://cpmo.us/

Seven Principles Of The Constitution Party:
&#9632;Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
&#9632;Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
&#9632;Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
&#9632;Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
&#9632;Constitution And Bill Of Rights: interpreted according to the actual intent of the founding fathers;
&#9632;State's Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people.
&#9632;American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#74838 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. All I can say. wow. You just missed the entire point.
WOW! I guess I did, because your point is meaningless!

CHEERS!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#74839 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you:
or
Then they should be more specific in that case then. The greek lexicon is online in the blue letter bible, look it up anyday.
Smifville Dan Is ALunatic

United States

#74841 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEERS!
I was thinking the same thing when I read that.
SmifvilleDan Is A Lunatic

United States

#74842 Jan 9, 2013
GOP NeoConfederacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton you do that EVERYDAY...you are our Topix version of Todd Aiken...it goes to the heart of what Jesus said about the Pharasee of his day " you know not what you do"
Norton aren't you really a BIG vain glorious Pharasee telling us LOUDLY how righteous and good you are?
But You Defy GOD since you misuse and misinterpret the Scripture for your own despicable aims...you truly are a DUMB unwitting tool of Satan!
Just like Todd Aiken you give Cristians, and Missourians a BAD Name!
Have ANOTHER Nice UNRAPTURED Day!!!!
CHEERS
Good grief are you friggin stupid.

United States

#74843 Jan 9, 2013
GOP NeoConfederacy wrote:
I always knew GOP were thugs but gosh, I did not realize Boehner's gang were mafia. I am frightened now! They might come after me too.
Honestly, this Huelskamp sounds like a very nelly drama queen...but really , aren't they all?
The only thing that will be coming for you is the short bus to take you back to your special-ed classes.

United States

#74844 Jan 9, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Not worth bothering with because of terminal stupidity.
Sorry to hear abiout your terminal stupidty but it does explain a lot when it comes to the stupidity that you post constantly.
The_Dems_are_STI LL_LYING

Branson, MO

#74845 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure. Not worth bothering with because of terminal stupidity.
Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion on your "terminal stupidity" diagnosis. Your doctor could be wrong about you, baby! LOL
The_Dems_are_STI LL_LYING

Branson, MO

#74846 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
So, tell us, Billy Graham!_8-)
Don't forget to cite chapter and verse. We are tired of you uneducated Xians just making stuff up!
Do your own homework, you lazy bum! LOL

LOL @ "COW HIDE" Dan!

#74847 Jan 9, 2013
SmifvilleDan Is A Lunatic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear abiout your terminal stupidty but it does explain a lot when it comes to the stupidity that you post constantly.
I hereby give you permission to refrain from reading my comments.

LOL @ "COW HIDE" Dan!

#74848 Jan 9, 2013
The_Dems_are_STILL_LYING wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion on your "terminal stupidity" diagnosis. Your doctor could be wrong about you, baby! LOL
"SmifvilleDan Is A Lunatic" is not my doctor! LOL!

LOL @ "COW HIDE" Dan!

#74849 Jan 9, 2013
The_Dems_are_STILL_LYING wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your own homework, you lazy bum! LOL
Just as I suspected. You cannot cite chapter and verse.
GOP NeoConfederacy

Hazelwood, MO

#74850 Jan 9, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! I guess I did, because your point is meaningless!
CHEERS!
The one nice thing about Norton, is that his severe intellectual limitations render him weak and vulnerable in ways an intelligent, well-educated person would not be, and his predictable attacks on Democrats and their policies are harmless as a result

CHEERS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth About Clintons Emails What Rightwing Nut ... 9 min Laughing 35
West Plains School District receives subpoena f... 25 min grave digger 32
Now the spokesperson for the MO. State Auditor'... 40 min sherlock 2
BEFORE YOU VOTE on Richards High School... 1 hr good to NO 35
Richards high school 1 hr grave digger 353
Most Wanted 2 hr bailbonds 3
Ted Cruz for PRESIDENT in 2016!!! 2 hr Victory For Ted Cruz 12
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web